Question My phone is bootlooping with a blackscreen.

Search This thread

Duanpao

Apr 13, 2020
I have a cricket dream 5g (EC211001) I have unlocked the phone and switched one of the slots to active slot b(filled) and it my phone seems to be bootlooping with a blackscreen I cannot seem to enter into any sort of default recovery or the bootloader plugged into PC it seems to be plug&unplugging MediaTek USB Port any suggestions?

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
I have a cricket dream 5g (EC211001) I have unlocked the phone and switched one of the slots to active slot b(filled) and it my phone seems to be bootlooping with a blackscreen I cannot seem to enter into any sort of default recovery or the bootloader plugged into PC it seems to be plug&unplugging MediaTek USB Port any suggestions?
You have to find out the right combination keys to enter again to fastboot and switch back to the working slot, not sure why you switched to the inactive slot, you had to let it perform a factory reset and it will boot to system normally.

Duanpao

Apr 13, 2020
You have to find out the right combination keys to enter again to fastboot and switch back to the working slot, not sure why you switched to the inactive slot, you had to let it perform a factory reset and it will boot to system normally.
The other inactive slot was just a clone of slot A I do have a full system dump available but it seems I can't get back into fastboot mode or any other mode it just keeps cycling & rebooting with nothing USBLogView just keeps cycling through mediatek USB not quite sure how to proceed as I have tried entering any sort of recovery but I cannot seem to get anything to work.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
The other inactive slot was just a clone of slot A I do have a full system dump available but it seems I can't get back into fastboot mode or any other mode it just keeps cycling & rebooting with nothing USBLogView just keeps cycling through mediatek USB not quite sure how to proceed as I have tried entering any sort of recovery but I cannot seem to get anything to work.
Not always a cloned slot is fully functional (in case you are referring to).
Not even know which your device is but take a look if the firmware contains the compatible files to flash through SP Flash tool, otherwise you need to find a suitable scatter for it.
Does some development exist for your device, or which one was the purpose to unlock bootloader? And which the purpose to switch slot? If you unlocked the device officially, you may need to flash a permissive vbmeta image in order to boot normally, after that a factory reset was performed.