• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

My phone is Schrodinger's rooted

Search This thread

iDimko2

Mar 22, 2018
Hello, I'm having a problem with opening up an google pay wallet because my phone is read as rooted. The thing is it is not rooted. I rooted in a previous version of MIUI but after updating the root fell apart and I didn't have root permission's nor is my phone found rooted by root checker. Yet I st ll have problems.
how do I unroot an unrooted phone
Edit: root checker finds that root is not properly installed
Xiaomi mi 9 Lite

Last edited:

AndroGR

Android (And most Linux distros) will have a binary file namer "superuser" to give root access to a user (Or simply just switch to the root user)

The problem is simple: You updated while having root permissions, and this caused you to be the superuser (also known as root) while not having properly functioning root access.You can't do much, try flashing a new ROM maybe.

iDimko2

Mar 22, 2018
Im adding google pay to an existing bank account, i still tried but it doesnt work. would factory resetting maybe help? i know it doesnt delete system files so it wouldnt unroot a rooted phone but maybe it might just work?