my phone only boot in custom recovery

Search This thread

alexwagleofficial

Jan 8, 2022
I tried to install custom rom in my device through TWRP and the installation successfully completed but my device dont boot my new OS, it always boot in my custom recovery. I know to install fastboot rom through miui flashing tool but i really dont want to use mi ui, i want to use custom rom. What should i do next???

my device is xiaomi redmi note 9 (merlin) global version

Mineplayerminer

Dec 12, 2021
Redmi Note 9
no it doesnot. It only work if i install through fastboot using miui flash tool from windows computer. but when i install custom recovery it starts restarting to recovery everytime
I'm might trigger the ARB (Anti-rollback) and it prevents you from booting. This may be fixed only by a Xiaomi Authorized repair service. (It's like a ban when you mod a console and try to connect it to the network saying this console is suspended from a network, same on the phone, but it's not permanent unless you re-flash it with the newest MIUI.) The MediaTek chipsets are not good for custom ROMs and recoveries due to their closed-source limitations and support. I would recommend you use the Redmi Note 9 Pro version if you want the Note 9 series phone. It has a Qualcomm and it's really easy to unbrick and re-flash at any time. Try reflashing your phone with the newest MIUI ROM to see if it even boots with the stock recovery.

Reactions: Manjotbenipal

Manjotbenipal

I'm might trigger the ARB (Anti-rollback) and it prevents you from booting. This may be fixed only by a Xiaomi Authorized repair service. (It's like a ban when you mod a console and try to connect it to the network saying this console is suspended from a network, same on the phone, but it's not permanent unless you re-flash it with the newest MIUI.) The MediaTek chipsets are not good for custom ROMs and recoveries due to their closed-source limitations and support. I would recommend you use the Redmi Note 9 Pro version if you want the Note 9 series phone. It has a Qualcomm and it's really easy to unbrick and re-flash at any time. Try reflashing your phone with the newest MIUI ROM to see if it even boots with the stock recovery.
Ya you're right buying a mediatek chipset phone is literally one of the biggest mistakes. I cannot even boot my device to edl. Everytime i try to do so, it disconncts automatically

Mineplayerminer

Dec 12, 2021
Redmi Note 9
Ya you're right buying a mediatek chipset phone is literally one of the biggest mistakes. I cannot even boot my device to edl. Everytime i try to do so, it disconncts automatically
My phone disconnects from the USB every 10 minutes of file transferring and then spits out the message that the communication between my PC has failed. At least the DSU mode works so I can enjoy an Android 13 beta experience. I'm switching to Qualcomm or Exynos.

Reactions: Manjotbenipal

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    no it doesnot. It only work if i install through fastboot using miui flash tool from windows computer. but when i install custom recovery it starts restarting to recovery everytime
    My phone disconnects from the USB every 10 minutes of file transferring and then spits out the message that the communication between my PC has failed. At least the DSU mode works so I can enjoy an Android 13 beta experience. I'm switching to Qualcomm or Exynos.