My Problems with Samsung Galaxy A51 After 12 hours using

Search This thread

M0rix

Jan 29, 2020
I bought Galaxy A51 last day and just using it for 12 hours, and I found these problems.
I connected my Bluetooth headphone to the Galaxy A51 for the first time, after I playing music, the sound keeps breaking every few seconds, and after 2 minutes, it automatically disconnected. Besides, When music still playing and I try to open other applications phone slows down and again sounds streams with the stuttering.
some times screen, stop working and touch not working correctly.
Also, I have other problems. I can't use L2TP VPN connections because when connected to the VPN after 60 seconds phone crashed and restarted.
I tell this problem to the customer service, and they told me it is a common problem, and you must wait for the Samsung release update to fix this problem.
I regret buying this phone.

Update - February 12, 2020:
Hello everyone.
Eventually, after two weeks, Samsung Customer Service replaced my Phone with a new one.i would like to Describe my Experience with the new Phone.
Now I have New Galaxy A51; my Phone has Android 10Q with Build Number A515FXXU1ASKJ. My previous GALAXY A51 had updated to A515FXXU1ASL6 that had a lot of problems with Bluetooth and WiFi.Because of my experience, I stopped updating the software on the new Phone. The Phone works perfectly without any problem. Bluetooth works without stuttering and keeps connection always.WiFi works perfectly, and the Phone never freezes or lagging. But my memory usage is unusual; in the last 24 hours, my average usage of memory is 3.5GB (60% of 5.8 GB available memory).
I think GALAXY A51 problems occur in new Build Numbers (A515FXXU1ASL6 / A515FXXU1ATA4). Thus, please do not update your Phone until Samsung solves problems in new versions. Please, anybody, have Bluetooth issues; please write your 'Build Number' in comments.
For finding your 'Build Number', you should go to the address below:
Setting > About Phone > Software Information > Build Number

Last edited:
Reactions: aljustiet

jimrfraser

May 17, 2011
I bought Galaxy A51 last day and just using it for 12 hours, and I found these problems.
I connected my Bluetooth headphone to the Galaxy A51 for the first time, after I playing music, the sound keeps breaking every few seconds, and after 2 minutes, it automatically disconnected. Besides, When music still playing and I try to open other applications phone slows down and again sounds streams with the stuttering.
Also, I have other problems. I can't use L2TP VPN connections because when connected to the VPN after 60 seconds phone crashed and restarted.
I tell this problem to the customer service, and they told me it is a common problem, and you must wait for the Samsung release update to fix this problem.
Try downloading latest firmware from Samimobile.its Vietnam dated jan 22. I have o bugs

Reactions: ukicar

jimrfraser

May 17, 2011
Crazy. Been on mine for 2 weeks with no such problems

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

I have the latest firmware and tried reset factory, hard reset, Clearing cache, etc, but problems still happen.
What firmware are you on?
ATA4 are the last 4 digits of newest

jimrfraser

May 17, 2011
"some times screen, stop working and touch not working correctly."

Yes, I have such a problem too..

May sound stupid but as soon as I got my phone I noticed a pre installed rubber like screen protector on. I took off right away and installed tempered glass screen protector. Just a suggestion ?

ukicar

Jan 29, 2011
Београд
Redmi Note 10
May sound stupid but as soon as I got my phone I noticed a pre installed rubber like screen protector on. I took off right away and installed tempered glass screen protector. Just a suggestion

Phone model is a515f .. dual sim model with 4gb ram. I put on screen tempered glass screen protector, I didn't notice that rubber on my screen, was wrapped in a plastic sheath.. Screen sensitivity problem comes up suddenly .. scrolling the page strangely, also becomes more sensitive to touch, and gesture movement does not work (hidden navigation buttons) or very rarely detects movement at the bottom edge of the screen. Problem disappears after restart. :p

dqsketch

Jan 29, 2020
Phone Model SM-A515F
Software Version: A515FXXU1ASL6

Recently i just bought Samsung A51, it seems that whenever the auto brightness kick in, the setting is bugged, where the display will dim so low that the color of the display looked bleak. does anyone experience the same thing? or is it a defective unit?

The problem is solved if i restart the phone, but in a few hours the the display goes back to dim so low again. i've already reset the setting, and also do reset accessibility, but it doesn't seem to fix this problem. anyone have an idea to fix this? or do i need to go to the samsung service center in my town?

Need help :eek:

Last edited:

jimrfraser

May 17, 2011
Phone model is a515f .. dual sim model with 4gb ram. I put on screen tempered glass screen protector, I didn't notice that rubber on my screen, was wrapped in a plastic sheath.. Screen sensitivity problem comes up suddenly .. scrolling the page strangely, also becomes more sensitive to touch, and gesture movement does not work (hidden navigation buttons) or very rarely detects movement at the bottom edge of the screen. Problem disappears after restart. :p
Lol and ya wonder why the problems? Not suppose to have 2 screen protectors

M0rix

Jan 29, 2020

Hello Everyone
After I am disappointed by Samsung to solve my problem, I found that when I turn off my Wi-Fi network, Bluetooth works correctly. I want to describe why this issue happens.
Wireless interference can cause Wi-Fi and Bluetooth devices to be disconnected or perform poorly. Both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth use the 2.4 GHz band to transmit data, and because of this, Bluetooth audio skips or stutters, Device doesn't connect. To Avoid Interference, you can use the 5 GHz band instead of 2.4 GHz for Wi-Fi if your router supports both bands.
I hope Samsung finds a solution to this problem because it is annoying.

jimrfraser

May 17, 2011
Hello Everyone
After I am disappointed by Samsung to solve my problem, I found that when I turn off my Wi-Fi network, Bluetooth works correctly. I want to describe why this issue happens.
Wireless interference can cause Wi-Fi and Bluetooth devices to be disconnected or perform poorly. Both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth use the 2.4 GHz band to transmit data, and because of this, Bluetooth audio skips or stutters, Device doesn't connect. To Avoid Interference, you can use the 5 GHz band instead of 2.4 GHz for Wi-Fi if your router supports both bands.
I hope Samsung finds a solution to this problem because it is annoying.
No BT problems here. Works very well in any situation. Even wifi on or off. I contacted samsung and rep said there is no such bug exists

M0rix

Jan 29, 2020
No BT problems here. Works very well in any situation. Even wifi on or off. I contacted Samsung and rep said there is no such bug exists

Do you have Galaxy A51? if you have, please test these conditions :
1- try to connect the L2TP VPN network (My Problems: 60 seconds after VPN connected, the phone crashed and restarted suddenly.)
2-try listen to music on Spotify (or other online music players) with Bluetooth Headphone Or Speaker when you connected to Wi-Fi Network. (My Problems: Bluetooth audio skips or stutters)
3-during you listen to music try to using other applications (My Problems: Bluetooth audio skips or stutters)

If you don't have these problems, please give me more information about your firmware and phone version.

jimrfraser

May 17, 2011
Do you have Galaxy A51? if you have, please test these conditions :
1- try to connect the L2TP VPN network (My Problems: 60 seconds after VPN connected, the phone crashed and restarted suddenly.)
2-try listen to music on Spotify (or other online music players) with Bluetooth Headphone Or Speaker when you connected to Wi-Fi Network. (My Problems: Bluetooth audio skips or stutters)
3-during you listen to music try to using other applications (My Problems: Bluetooth audio skips or stutters)

If you don't have these problems, please give me more information about your firmware and phone version.
firmware latest from samimobile via odin. Vietnam i belueve. I flashed that on my a515f internation unlocked from panama csc. Yes no issue with BT

D

Deleted member 5013759

A51 with stock firmware (no Ota available yet):
I too sometimes have problems with touch input. Especially obvious when scrolling through web pages.
No screen protector. High Touch sensitivity is enabled. (I think it was worse without).

My screen tends to turn on randomly while in call with the phone at my ear.

//one more thing. When on low display brightness and with blue filter enabled, sometimes when the screen turns off due to touch inactivity the screen for a split second switches to a brighter level without blue filter before then turning off. My note would just dim down without any brightness spikes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ukicar

jimrfraser

May 17, 2011
I too sometimes have problems with touch input. Especially obvious when scrolling through web pages.
No screen protector. High Touch sensitivity is enabled. (I think it was worse without).

//one more thing. When on low display brightness and with blue filter enabled, sometimes when the screen turns off due to touch inactivity the screen for a split second switches to a brighter level without blue filter before then turning off. My note would just dim down without any brightness spikes.
You guys all got bad hardware then. I swear non of these bugs are here on a good phone

D

Deleted member 5013759

My friend, how does the phone know that the screen is covered? I don't see a proximity sensor.. Or is there supposed to be one because then mine is clearly broken.

I have the bad feeling that they didn't include such a sensor due to space concerns and instead use the touchscreen for this.

eliasmonetta

Nov 3, 2016
Mine has a strange wifi problem in some moments of the day, some apps don't work on wifi while others works normally, I have to reset wifi from the device to make them work again.
Is this related to the Bluetooth issue? Or worse it's hardware?

Since it happens sometimes I can't test if other networks worked fine and its my home router's fault, I was connected in my workplace for 2 hours and worked fine, also sharing wifi with other device for a short time.

I hope it's the software, or my router and not my phone

jimrfraser

May 17, 2011
Mine has a strange wifi problem in some moments of the day, some apps don't work on wifi while others works normally, I have to reset wifi from the device to make them work again.
Is this related to the Bluetooth issue? Or worse it's hardware?

Since it happens sometimes I can't test if other networks worked fine and its my home router's fault, I was connected in my workplace for 2 hours and worked fine, also sharing wifi with other device for a short time.

I hope it's the software, or my router and not my phone
No there is no BT issue so that is not the solution. Only a handful of people with this so called BT issue

hero2003

Nov 17, 2010
Qazvin
i'm having same problem with audio over Bluetooth , i've tested it with my wireless headphone and my car audio system.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Update - February 12, 2020:
    Hello everyone.
    Eventually, after two weeks, Samsung Customer Service replaced my Phone with a new one.i would like to Describe my Experience with the new Phone.
    Now I have New Galaxy A51; my Phone has Android 10Q with Build Number A515FXXU1ASKJ. My previous GALAXY A51 had updated to A515FXXU1ASL6 that had a lot of problems with Bluetooth and WiFi.Because of my experience, I stopped updating the software on the new Phone. The Phone works perfectly without any problem. Bluetooth works without stuttering and keeps connection always.WiFi works perfectly, and the Phone never freezes or lagging. But my memory usage is unusual; in the last 24 hours, my average usage of memory is 3.5GB (60% of 5.8 GB available memory).
    I think GALAXY A51 problems occur in new Build Numbers (A515FXXU1ASL6 / A515FXXU1ATA4). Thus, please do not update your Phone until Samsung solves problems in new versions. Please, anybody, have Bluetooth issues; please write your 'Build Number' in comments.
    For finding your 'Build Number', you should go to the address below:
    Setting > About Phone > Software Information > Build Number
    Try downloading latest firmware from Samimobile.its Vietnam dated jan 22. I have o bugs
    "some times screen, stop working and touch not working correctly."

Yes, I have such a problem too..
    D
    Deleted member 5013759