My Redmi 5 Plus Dead

Search This thread

soomat

Jun 22, 2010
Jakarta
Hi guys
Last week i have buy Redmi 5 plus 3/32 and run normally but suddenly tonight when i use for listening music and view instagram app my redmi 5 plus is dead no respond when long press power button or fastboot key but when i plug into power the led white is blink fast, before i go to service center is anyway i can power on my redmi 5 plus ??
Anyone can help me ??

Thanks

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hi guys
Last week i have buy Redmi 5 plus 3/32 and run normally but suddenly tonight when i use for listening music and view instagram app my redmi 5 plus is dead no respond when long press power button or fastboot key but when i plug into power the led white is blink fast, before i go to service center is anyway i can power on my redmi 5 plus ??
Anyone can help me ??

Thanks

Well, it´s difficult to know exactly what cause this sudden dead. When I receive myy device from AliExpress I noted that bootloader was unlocked and when I try to flash through miflash tool (it works with device in fastboot mode) it says permission denied, it means that something was wrong in this unlock-procedure; I don´t know if you purchased in this conditions but this is an alert signal.
I could to enter in fastboot and how was unlocked I flashed TWRP and used a custom rom, but you know if it is a similar case that could help you.

First of all check your battery charge and be sure that you are pressing correctly vol down + pwr at same time without realease any till bunny appears but if you have a locked bootloader you can´t use miflash tool. Also you can try to enter in fastboot at same time that you connecting to charger press vol down.

There is a special mode EDL (download for Xiaomi) that is used to flash a rom without unlock bootloader, of course this method is hidden for any user.

You can Google these two options to enter to EDL mode; Normal method is pressing the three buttons at same time that you connect device to pc till vibrates then release but not always works that.
- Deep cable EDL
- Test Point (you need to open the cover)

Then if succesfull you have to download your fastboot rom image, drivers and also miphone tool (if not the same that miflash tool) this tool works in download mode to flash Xiaomi devices

Last edited: