General My review on ANDROID 12 OOS for Oneplus 9 Pro

Search This thread

PKkeys

Apr 19, 2021
Hey everyone, as I said! This is my E2E review based on my intensive testing for the past 5 days!

1. Performance:
Pretty much the same, and in certain circumstances, the performance on games is much more fluid compared to the previous version of the OS.

2. Battery:
BEST! Getting 6 hours of SOT (Refresh rate 120hz always) and 1440p. Usage - FB, Watsapp, telegram, gaming (Asphalt, PES, Genshin impact, etc.,)

3. BUGS / ISSUES
A lot! : "D Seriously! The first preliminary update was such dumb! loads and loads of issues - Phone gets changes during call, need to hard reset in some situations. Music player issues, face unlocking issues. But, most of the issues were addressed on the next update (730MB) and it's alright now. Still, there is a wired notification bug with hanging icons.

Atul Menon

Mar 1, 2019
Kerala
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hey everyone, as I said! This is my E2E review based on my intensive testing for the past 5 days!

1. Performance:
Pretty much the same, and in certain circumstances, the performance on games is much more fluid compared to the previous version of the OS.

2. Battery:
BEST! Getting 6 hours of SOT (Refresh rate 120hz always) and 1440p. Usage - FB, Watsapp, telegram, gaming (Asphalt, PES, Genshin impact, etc.,)

3. BUGS / ISSUES
A lot! : "D Seriously! The first preliminary update was such dumb! loads and loads of issues - Phone gets changes during call, need to hard reset in some situations. Music player issues, face unlocking issues. But, most of the issues were addressed on the next update (730MB) and it's alright now. Still, there is a wired notification bug with hanging icons.
Did check some benchmarks after the update , in antutu it cross 86k :D. Seems like they really improved with the update. The issues i felt is that, lock icon is missing on lockscren, gallery , navbar has dpi issues( this is only in QHD. So i feel they need to align things in QHD resolution). Other than that build is stable AF, i dint face music player bug, notification bug. I dont use faceunlock so no idea. Very nice, they head heard our feedbacks. They even replied regarding gcam. Seems like oplus is not fully oppo. I think in a month or so, if they go in this pace, oos 12 will be a solid update for 9 series.

Atul Menon

Mar 1, 2019
Kerala
OnePlus 9 Pro
I get also 6h SOT, but not sure it's good enough..Pixel 6 get about 9h SOT
I got 7.5 with first cycle in OOS 12 C39, its too early . Not media this time, it was heavy use. Btw my friends has PIxel 6 pro, which has ****ty battery ever, hardly gets 5 hrs on QHD. 6 you said is on 90hz and FHD, you cant compare with higher spec device. We cant get more than 8 hrs on QHD 120hz device with 4.5k mah battery. 8.5 is possible not more than that. Main thing i hate in the new pixel is its processor ( renamed exynos).

Jomsha

Jun 18, 2021
I got 7.5 with first cycle in OOS 12 C39, its too early . Not media this time, it was heavy use. Btw my friends has PIxel 6 pro, which has ****ty battery ever, hardly gets 5 hrs on QHD. 6 you said is on 90hz and FHD, you cant compare with higher spec device. We cant get more than 8 hrs on QHD 120hz device with 4.5k mah battery. 8.5 is possible not more than that. Main thing i hate in the new pixel is its processor ( renamed exynos).
What is the brightness ?
Im on 75% brightness, FHD+ 120HZ
And get 6h sot max

By.TRabZonLu™

Dec 25, 2012
Bize Her Yer Trabzon
After updating to android 12 my phone shows as LE2121. Normally chinese model LE2120. is this normal ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-12-19-17-09-31-05_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2[1].jpg
    Screenshot_2021-12-19-17-09-31-05_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2[1].jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 127

giaur

Aug 27, 2013

1. Performance:

2. Battery:

3. BUGS / ISSUES
I can't believe you don't see font size issues. It seems you use your phone with standard dpi. I pteffer dpi 500. The problem is some apps and parts of the system ignore dpi settings and still ugly large font is used. And dpi set in developer settings is reverted to default after reboot.

I can't understand how anybody can use so large screen with default dpi, unless you are blind and you need large text.

It's blocking issue in my case. I will never install system where I can't set small fonts. It's actually built in Android feature, shame they wish to break it. Either they fix that (I don't think so), or I will stay on Oxygen 11 and will eventually use LineageOS if I decide to switch to Android 12

Last edited:

Barsky

Aug 23, 2010
MintMobile
OnePlus 9 Pro
At this point and given what oneplus has done to Android 12, I will seriously be considering if Oneplus is still a brand I want to buy, CrapOOS12 is a disaster

Samuel Holland

Jun 26, 2013
lake charles
OnePlus 9 Pro
I've been on custom ROM's ever since I bought T-Mobile Exhibit 4g used up until 8 pro & 9 pro.
Oxygen Os with a few tweaks had everything I needed, and now with no Oxygen Os anymore
I guess back to custom ROMs and hopefully source will stay updated.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1. Performance:

2. Battery:

3. BUGS / ISSUES

1. Performance:

2. Battery:

3. BUGS / ISSUES
    Did check some benchmarks after the update , in antutu it cross 86k :D. Seems like they really improved with the update. The issues i felt is that, lock icon is missing on lockscren, gallery , navbar has dpi issues( this is only in QHD. So i feel they need to align things in QHD resolution). Other than that build is stable AF, i dint face music player bug, notification bug. I dont use faceunlock so no idea. Very nice, they head heard our feedbacks. They even replied regarding gcam. Seems like oplus is not fully oppo. I think in a month or so, if they go in this pace, oos 12 will be a solid update for 9 series.
    We will soon get that range in future with quality updates. Hoping :)
    We will soon get that range in future with quality updates. Hoping :)
    Yea, with OnePlus im not that sure anymore...