• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

my s3 i535 stuck on red color verizon screen! after i flash it with 4.4.2

Search This thread

dawgdoc

Nov 27, 2013
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=63697378#post63697378

hi all from the above post of mine got the solution and now mobile is stuck on the verizon screen! it is not at all entering into mobile! and also i don't find much post on xda forum dealing with this issue! anybody please help me how to solve this issue??? :confused: :(

@ShapesBlue do have any suggestions. My first at this point would be to clear cache and dalvik-cache and see if that does the trick. After that I would say reflashing the NE1 ROM. Apparently the device is better off than in the other thread but not working yet.

Dec 19, 2013
chennai
@ShapesBlue do have any suggestions. My first at this point would be to clear cache and dalvik-cache and see if that does the trick. After that I would say reflashing the NE1 ROM. Apparently the device is better off than in the other thread but not working yet.

i tried reflashing as well with the same fireware which i tried first i mean with the firmware which i downloaded from the link.. there after also same problem! and did you mean, flashing with the different NE! Rom??

When searched in the forum all were saying to clear the cache as you said..
can you please tell me about how to clear the cache and dalvik-cache? because odin mode is the only mode i can access so far now in my device! or is it possible to enter into recovery mode?! :eek:

Last edited:

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012

Sounds about right to me. It's definitely worth a shot. Sorry I wasn't home much of yesterday. Just noticed this via a PM from the OP

Reflash the rom. It really can't do anymore harm than it already has done

Sent from my Nexus 5

Reactions: ranjithstar256

dawgdoc

Nov 27, 2013
i entered into custom recovery using the below link http://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...wer-button-t3006256/post58868589#post58868589

and cleared cache... no change still the same :-/

Did you boot into the stock recovery or a "custom recovery"?

I was under the impression a true custom recovery was not available to the i535 once it was on 4.4.2 bootloaders. If it really is a custom recovery there is a terminal emulator built into the recovery and you can enter a couple of commands to verify your bootloader and modem. The commands are:
Code:
getprop ro.bootloader
getprop | grep version.baseband

Reactions: ShapesBlue
Dec 19, 2013
chennai

I was under the impression a true custom recovery was not available to the i535 once it was on 4.4.2 bootloaders. If it really is a custom recovery there is a terminal emulator built into the recovery and you can enter a couple of commands to verify your bootloader and modem. The commands are:
Code:
getprop ro.bootloader
Dude I sincerely appreciate your help :) :) :) my phone is back!!! :) :) :) thanks a lot and a lot dawgdoc :)

It started working when I wiped data in the stock recovery (this was the recovery I entered) and then just did this one! --> selected apply update from sd card and browsed to the zip file where I once upon a time downloaded a cm12.1 zip file :| ! And when I restarted it , my mob is back! :) thank you so much buddy :)

Reactions: ShapesBlue

dawgdoc

Nov 27, 2013
Dude I sincerely appreciate your help :) :) :) my phone is back!!! :) :) :) thanks a lot and a lot dawgdoc :)

It started working when I wiped data in the stock recovery (this was the recovery I entered) and then just did this one! --> selected apply update from sd card and browsed to the zip file where I once upon a time downloaded a cm12.1 zip file :| ! And when I restarted it , my mob is back! :) thank you so much buddy :)

I'm really glad to see you have it working again.

I tend to not leave my devices stock and have had help getting a couple working once again.

Reactions: ranjithstar256

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sounds about right to me. It's definitely worth a shot. Sorry I wasn't home much of yesterday. Just noticed this via a PM from the OP

Reflash the rom. It really can't do anymore harm than it already has done

Sent from my Nexus 5
    i entered into custom recovery using the below link http://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...wer-button-t3006256/post58868589#post58868589

and cleared cache... no change still the same :-/

Code:
    getprop ro.bootloader

Code:
    getprop ro.bootloader

I'm really glad to see you have it working again.

I tend to not leave my devices stock and have had help getting a couple working once again.