My S5e has been restarted randomly in every 6-8 hours, what to do to fix it?

Search This thread

kokoroanime

Nov 16, 2022
I got Tab S5e a month ago. It was a 128 GB/6 GB version. Okay, since the day I picked it up, it works great and functions very well but it restarts randomly like twice a day.

What can I do to prevent this?

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I want to know how to Clear system cache and try a hard reboot on S5e and how to check for memory leak?
Google for the button combination.
Clear system cache is found on the boot menu.
A hard reset is sometimes called a soft reset and stimulates pulling the battery. On many Androids it's done by holding the power button down for 20-30 seconds until it reboots.

I've never seen a memory leak on an Android and once on an Apple app. More common on Window machines. The ram usage will kept creeping up until it runs out of ram and reboots.
The app causing it will show it in its memory usage in Developer options. Pretty easy to spot.
A poorly coded 3rd party app is usually the cause.

kokoroanime

Nov 16, 2022
Google for the button combination.
Clear system cache is found on the boot menu.
A hard reset is sometimes called a soft reset and stimulates pulling the battery. On many Androids it's done by holding the power button down for 20-30 seconds until it reboots.

I've never seen a memory leak on an Android and once on an Apple app. More common on Window machines. The ram usage will kept creeping up until it runs out of ram and reboots.
The app causing it will show it in its memory usage in Developer options. Pretty easy to spot.
A poorly coded 3rd party app is usually the cause.
I already did clear system cache which was successful and I gave it a day to see if it worked out but it didn't. It's still rebooting random every 6 hours especially when I'm not on it.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I already did clear system cache which was successful and I gave it a day to see if it worked out but it didn't. It's still rebooting random every 6 hours especially when I'm not on it.
Does it happen in safe mode?
If so either the firmware is corrupted or it's a hardware failure. How old is the battery, it's current capacity? Did you check for a memory leak?

kokoroanime

Nov 16, 2022
Does it happen in safe mode?
If so either the firmware is corrupted or it's a hardware failure. How old is the battery, it's current capacity? Did you check for a memory leak?
I haven't set it on Safe mode.

How old is the battery? I got it off Amazon one month ago. The battery is just good and the battery life lasted so good and it never drains. I never used the tablet while it's charging.

kokoroanime

Nov 16, 2022
So I've switched it to the safe mode to see if it happened in Safe Mode or not but unfortunately, that tablet was up for 5 hours during Safe mode until it restarted itself again.