My take on Nexus 5X bootloop, crazy possible fix

Search This thread

nongrata23

Aug 25, 2009
Ok guys maybe will work for your or not :) if u are reading this means that also u know what bootloop is. I am aware of the "new" way of fixing this by using only 4 cores instead of 6, well for me did not work so well. After a lot of scratching swears and other stuff i realized that actually this is a hardware problem, and i need to look at it as such.

01.So in the beginning i did try the oven charm, well was good for few hours... but after a short time it started to randomly reboot, specially after i was charging the phone(or getting intensive with it). (but not bootloop)
02. Second time i did use a strong hairdryer, to be more friendly, same thing few hours after it started with the random reboots. (but not bootloop)

so

03. i am suspecting that the problem starts from the snapdragon chipset, maybe a slow connection, so i added some pressure to the chip by adding some aluminum foil on top of it. Till now like this is working proper

CZ: So the main thing is: Because i set pressure on the Snapdragon chipset now my phone works again ^_^

IF situation changes i will let you know, but until now for me was the only way to fix this. (and believe me i did try all the software ways)

Later edit: almost two days since the massage and is rocking ^_^ jaja

Last edited:
Reactions: Litendria

ashokabs

Mar 9, 2011
New Delhi
Got a free replacement mother board from LG in India

I had a bootloop problem last week after upgrading to 8.0.0 through the beta route. Phone was manufactured in 2015 and bought by me in Apr 2016. Hence, it was out of warranty. The phone was bought through the Google store. Initially, it was completely dead. Maybe through bootlooping it exhausted the battery. Anyway I charged it for several hours and then put it in the freezer for 2 hours. It started and went into bootloop. I could get it to go to bootloader mode and recovery mode. I then rang up Google support and after two phone calls and discussion on chat they sent me an email which said that I should contact LG in New Delhi, India where I am located. Yesterday I visited LG repair center. They without any demurring or hesitation agreed to replace the motherboard. They only wanted to see the invoice and despite it being out of warranty they are replacing the motherboard. I asked the executive why I should trust a new motherboard as many people have reported problems after getting a replacement. He said, and I cannot confirm the veracity, that the there are some changes in the new motherboard and it should not go into bootloop. I will only know once I get the phone back next week and run it over a period of time. Will keep people updated. Even though I bought it in India and it was delivered from Singapore by Google LG has replaced the motherboard.

nongrata23

Aug 25, 2009
at the moment not is not running :) it started to randomly reboot, and i made another flame bake and is gone, i will buy another cheap dead phone to play with, anyway this method is good if u want to recover at least the files bla bla, i need to find a better way how to fix the chipset. anyway is fun

Reactions: jugoslavpetrovic

Setting.Out

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 10, 2013
Sèvres
I just baked my wife's 100% stock locked 5x.. 2 minutes at 150°c (from cold to temp, timed after it reached temperature) and 30 seconds at 235° ( again not setting the timer until it reached temperature).. Used a hair dryer to slowly bring the temps down ( mine has a cold air button) then put it in the freezer for 5 minutes...

Booted, transferred files, installed apps and its still running several hours later.. I'm going to factory reset it, unlock it and mod it until it dies.. :)

I bought her a Nokia 7 plus replacement phone..

Reactions: nongrata23

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok guys maybe will work for your or not :) if u are reading this means that also u know what bootloop is. I am aware of the "new" way of fixing this by using only 4 cores instead of 6, well for me did not work so well. After a lot of scratching swears and other stuff i realized that actually this is a hardware problem, and i need to look at it as such.

01.So in the beginning i did try the oven charm, well was good for few hours... but after a short time it started to randomly reboot, specially after i was charging the phone(or getting intensive with it). (but not bootloop)
    02. Second time i did use a strong hairdryer, to be more friendly, same thing few hours after it started with the random reboots. (but not bootloop)

so

03. i am suspecting that the problem starts from the snapdragon chipset, maybe a slow connection, so i added some pressure to the chip by adding some aluminum foil on top of it. Till now like this is working proper

CZ: So the main thing is: Because i set pressure on the Snapdragon chipset now my phone works again ^_^

IF situation changes i will let you know, but until now for me was the only way to fix this. (and believe me i did try all the software ways)

Later edit: almost two days since the massage and is rocking ^_^ jaja
    at the moment not is not running :) it started to randomly reboot, and i made another flame bake and is gone, i will buy another cheap dead phone to play with, anyway this method is good if u want to recover at least the files bla bla, i need to find a better way how to fix the chipset. anyway is fun
    I just baked my wife's 100% stock locked 5x.. 2 minutes at 150°c (from cold to temp, timed after it reached temperature) and 30 seconds at 235° ( again not setting the timer until it reached temperature).. Used a hair dryer to slowly bring the temps down ( mine has a cold air button) then put it in the freezer for 5 minutes...

Booted, transferred files, installed apps and its still running several hours later.. I'm going to factory reset it, unlock it and mod it until it dies.. :)

I bought her a Nokia 7 plus replacement phone..
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone