My UCCW Skins - Easy apply APKs

Search This thread

bagarwa

Feb 18, 2012
Bothell
play.google.com
Gadget skin for weather only show 1 icon and never update or show any other icon. Also no temperature or city name in this skin ? What to do ? Other weather skins working.

Also any way to change hotspot of music and gallery as it is not launching my Apollo music app and gallery that come with CM default

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

Make sure you have "Auto location" selected in the uccw settings. If it is already selected and still weather is not updating, unselect and then select it again. Or try using the manual location.

Hotspots are hard-coded in the apk. If you want custom hotspot, you can create a bare bone basic skin with only the hotspots you want and place it on top of my skin.

Awsome skins mate.But i wanted to tell you not to post the BOX link.Just let the Playstore link because it is verry easy to open an APK file and extract the UCCW inside it.It's a shame that you've worked so hard to make them and then post a box link.

Well, yea. that's what I'm bothered about too. I've even seen a few instances where a few users have modified a tiny bit of my skin and peddling them as their own creation. Hence I'll disable the box links. Thanks for your advice.

Last edited:

Netuser

Feb 4, 2006
Toronto
Make sure you have "Auto location" selected in the uccw settings. If it is already selected and still weather is not updating, unselect and then select it again. Or try using the manual location.

Hotspots are hard-coded in the apk. If you want custom hotspot, you can create a bare bone basic skin with only the hotspots you want and place it on top of my skin.

Can you please help how to do it ? And also how to put on your skin ?

Can you just give me uzip please ?

Thanks

bagarwa

Feb 18, 2012
Bothell
play.google.com
Can you please help how to do it ? And also how to put on your skin ?

Can you just give me uzip please ?

Thanks

Open uccw app, tap menu, tap settings. First option there is "Auto Location". Second option is "Manual location". Play with those to get the weather working.

so again, because the idiocy of others we all have to deal...

b.s.

this is like the 3rd dev today whos pulled the plug on their awesome creations.

It's really sad. Whenever I create something, I really really want to share it free here. I knew nothing of android app development and barely anything of Photoshop. XDA got me initiated in both of these. Hence, I feel obliged to share my stuff here. But some users simple take mine and others' work and refurbish them as their own; which is not cool. Hence, we have no other options but to pull the plug.

I'll be still updating this thread with my work. But I won't give direct play store link anymore, since that is against xda policy (as I won't give free direct apk either). To get my skins, you can search the name of the skin in play store. I believe those who really appreciate my work and aren't here just to steal stuff, won't mind paying a buck or two for this.

Netuser

Feb 4, 2006
Toronto
Open uccw app, tap menu, tap settings. First option there is "Auto Location". Second option is "Manual location". Play with those to get the weather working.

Thanks for reply bro. But I was not talking about location but how to add my own hotspot over the weather. And also would like to add temperature too

Thanks for all your help :)

bagarwa

Feb 18, 2012
Bothell
play.google.com
Thanks for reply bro. But I was not talking about location but how to add my own hotspot over the weather. And also would like to add temperature too

Thanks for all your help :)

To use custom hotspots, you can create your own blank/transparent uccw skin. Do this -

* Place a uccw widget on screen. The installed skins list will pop up.
* Tap "create new skin" here. Tap 'touch here' when it shows. This will open the uccw app.
* Keeping the layout of the original skin (on which you want to place the hotspot), place the hotspots on this new skin.
* Change background alpha to 0. Save the skin under any name.
* resize this new skin in such a way that it overlaps the original skin. This new skin will come on top of the original one.
* It's a little trial and error method. Tap and see if the hotspots in your skin are in proper position. reposition them accordingly.

If you want temperature (or any other element for that matter) add it in this skin.

Reactions: Netuser

Netuser

Feb 4, 2006
Toronto
Do I need to have any special launcher for that ? I followed what you said but when I try to put it over the gadget widget it just don't let me and move back to other screen. I am using Apex launcher. Free one

Thanks again for all your help :)

bagarwa

Feb 18, 2012
Bothell
play.google.com
Do I need to have any special launcher for that ? I followed what you said but when I try to put it over the gadget widget it just don't let me and move back to other screen. I am using Apex launcher. Free one

Thanks again for all your help :)

I'm not sure if the Apex Launcher free version has this.
Go to Apex Settings > Advanced Settings. There under "Widget settings", make sure "resize any widget" and "Overlapping widgets" is marked / checked. This will allow you to resize any widget and overlap them with each other.

Netuser

Feb 4, 2006
Toronto
I only have resize option :( no overlap

Is it not possible for you to give me uzip of it please ?

AllSeeyinEye

Dec 16, 2011
Nexus4 UCCW Skin​
7Gqj4D03lFjekjApuE5K7tQKiooXdOmUMyJnzDUKGj-JjgF-JPdqFGaj4_kDbpyjcA=w705

Google announced the Nexus 4 phone recently. It's got Jelly Bean 4.2 with a slew of new features. And the stock clock is changed too. It's very minimal and looks beautiful. But it'd be a long time before you get the Android 4.2 on your device. Thankfully, you won't have to wait to get the clock. Download this skin and apply to your uccw widget and lo & behold, you've got the Nexus 4 clock on your device.

JaK2UTHWmKAkodJgCGPtFS25JgJwAre01K592sFOS5p-lCEsWmNMdvpApgYMUnvv_ik
vxFpp5JGl1ISCuR7P_x1l-RrGkhXIWrz8cyTA5wiIYIiX-HJF3i6EOBb7PhmJr9tkq4
HtsjWyNzvdKy-wL3gcrlGHtCPyHEE5UUHsuYZF6fkCAS3tA_Vzayqy2ZPzvmu5X5SHo

== FEATURES ==
This skins pack contains 3 individual skins.
* One analog clock - size 2x2
* Digital clock 1 - With time within a dial - size 2x2
* Digital clock 2 - time, date, next alarm - size 4x2

Downloads -
Search for "Nexus4 UCCW Skin" in play store.

Can't find the XDA free or limited version, only a link to a payed version. This is against XDA rules. Could you give us the non-payed download link?

Reactions: acerkumar

onua444

Jan 12, 2012
Awesome clocks mate :) Awesome :)

Can you PM me .uzip of Nexus 4 clock? It is THE best one of all skins :D

Last edited:

bagarwa

Feb 18, 2012
Bothell
play.google.com
Box's link removed
Another link?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Damn it. Box keeps dying on me. :mad: Restored the link.

Can't find the XDA free or limited version, only a link to a payed version. This is against XDA rules. Could you give us the non-payed download link?

Where did you see "link to a paid version"?? Check the quote in your post. There are no links.
Anyway, I've NOW added a play store link and a free download link. Check the original post here.

Quoting "rules" in his thread:sly:?? Smh no wonder he's pulling the plug
Thanks for having my back. :p But he's not wrong in pointing it out if something is against forum rules. But he was wrong when he sad I had paid app link in the post, which wasn't actually there.

Awesome clocks mate :) Awesome :)

Can you PM me .uzip of Nexus 4 clock? It is THE best one of all skins :D

Sorry only APKs here.

blackhartct

May 27, 2012
Hartford
Can you post texty with a 25% black background alpha?

I use a lot of different backgrounds so the light text gets lost randomly throughout the day

And the font u used? i want to make a theme surrounding that clock

Last edited:

bagarwa

Feb 18, 2012
Bothell
play.google.com
Tiles UCCW Skins - Games Pack

Tiles UCCW Skins - Games Pack​

Continuing with the Windows Phone 8 look for Android devices using the Tiles UCCW Skins. So far, I've created the starter pack tiles in Blue, Red and Green colors. [See the opening page for links]. And today brings the next iteration in this series. Games pack.

2LJek52GPl-GeeEWhClw3tdOgfVmhMAVVAZyyvUjkaE5VzoVSwurV78qWNC1iSrrMRx3
DfZSfnOOSfEws3oo3PKxy8mrz3NtjC8V5tili89PvdUF-FWuueodvgax9WNjlmt-_R5t
zw0VI1QesmL53UJDKigNjAR6uLs6xA2BYrD_zVVveD9iR-EBUDrK80YQqz-VvsOyIDwn
nA1z_HcSpICAAQkBB0x5boTjPINUoldRhozALZ3MKb0lShyuuR9FaagX8Vfb5uWlrQ

== FEATURES ==
This skin set contains 54 skins in total; every skin working like an icon to launch one game each.
Different varieties of games are covered, including latest games like -
Angry Birds Star Wars
Asphalt 7
Bad Piggies
Dead Trigger
Granny Smith
Jetpack Joyride
Need For Speed - Most Wanted
Rayman Jungle Run
Shadowgun
Subway Surfer
Zombie Swipeouot
and many more.
Skin sizes between 1x1, 2x1, 2x2, 4x2. Pick the ones you want and arrange them on your homescreen/lockscreen anyway you want.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone