My Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite goes black after using for while after Android 11 update, is this fixable or a bug that I should report?

Search This thread

Googole

I got a Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite and it's running on Android 11 since some weeks.

But after it updated to Android 11, it sometimes goes black when I'm using it for a while and I've to unlock it all the time.

It goes black and then returns to the lock screen.

Does anybody else also have this problem and is this a bug that I should report?

I've also a logcat, I think that it will be useful.

Logcat link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16aGo7nzgde6bN9NMU-yavc9IZNT_FPU6/view?usp=drivesdk

Last edited:

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
I got a Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite and it's running on Android 11 since some weeks.
But after it updated to Android 11, it sometimes locks itself when I'm using it and In have to unlock it all the time.
It goes black and then returns to the lock screen.
Does anybody else also have this problem and is this a bug that I should report?
Sounds like you have something running that is causing a soft reboot of your phone

I've been using android 11 on this device for a while and not had any such issues

graham35

Nov 7, 2012
Mine is going back to Xiaomi today, mine keeps going into a boot loop and lasts for 3 hours or so sometimes before it sorts its self out, if I reboot it it just carry's on into boot loop, it often starts this when it is charging, at the moment the phone is unusable, so it is going back for them to check out.

graham35

Nov 7, 2012
Quick fix would be to factory reset your phone

Long fix would be to do an Adb logcat and record the exact moment your device soft reboots and see what it is but even then it maybe hard to work out what is causing it
I have done several factory resets, it did not improve my phone and the ADB logcat is not something I know about so I have now sent it back, I love the phone but I can't deal with the continued frustration it causes me, I am happy if they fix the issue and send it back to me, if not I would probably purchase another one.
My wife also has this phone (I purchased 2 at the same time) she does not have any issue with hers and we have pretty mush the same Apps and everything on the phones, I have even used her charger to see if that's causing some of the issue..

I will keep you all informed of the out come.

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
I've readed on Reddit that people experience crashes on their Xiaomi all the time.
So I've updated Webview and I'll let you know if the problem is solved.
There was a bug yesterday that caused Google apps (and others that use Web view) to force close due to a bug in webview. This only effected a specific version of webview and was fixed in a few hours. I didn't notice any such issues on my device but I was using latest beta version.

As long as your webview and chrome is up to date your apps will function correctly (in regards to webview)

Googole

I tried that, but that didn't resolve the issue.
I have also done a factory reset but the bug still appears.
I know for sure that there is nothing wrong with my phone, so it must be a MIUI side issue and I'll report that bug to them.
So that means the topic is closed.
Thank you for your help!

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
I tried that, but that didn't resolve the issue.
I have also done a factory reset but the bug still appears.
I know for sure that there is nothing wrong with my phone, so it must be a MIUI side issue and I'll report that bug to them.
So that means the topic is closed.
Thank you for your help!
If you have done a factory reset and the problem still exists & you haven't installed any other app which could cause a soft reboot without any logs you will never know why it's doing it.

You could also have a hardware fault

It's very unlikely related to MIUI otherwise everyone (or a very high % of users) would also have the same issue and they are not. It's related to your device.

There's only two main bugs with MIUI android 11 on this device

1 - 3rd party launchers gestures & an icon of the app you're using appearing in the top left of screen when closing an app which has a work around of launching the system launcher then switching to 3rd party launcher.

2 - notification layout is incorrect with text too far aligned to the left. This doesn't effect functionality but looks wrong & could slightly crop off the far left of text.

Googole

I've done some research, asked the same question at more forums and tried some things and I'm convinced that this is a bug because of these reasons:
- My phone worked perfectly fine on Android 10
- I don't think there is a app that causes this bug because they worked perfectly fine on Android 10.
- There is no chance that there is anything wrong with my device because I'm really careful with it and I didn't done dangerous things for my phone

I'll report it to Xiaomi through Services and Feedback

Last edited:

graham35

Nov 7, 2012
Ok, if you read my message #7 above I explain about my phone going into reboot and boot looping etc, I have sent it back to Xiaomi on Tuesday, and this morning I have tracked the repair, They Say:
1. Fault category: Electrical - Other
2. Awaiting Component

So my phone obviously has a HARDWARE fault. I am pleased with the speed Xiaomi are dealing with this - so far.

Googole

Your logcat is not accessible to the public via that link and I hope the logcat was recorded at the exact time the issue happened
I've changed the settings now, it should be accessible for everyone.
It wasn't recorded at the exact
moment the issue has happened but I really hope it could be useful because it recorded the crashed that happened earlier this day.

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
I've changed the settings now, it should be accessible for everyone.
It wasn't recorded at the exact
moment the issue has happened but I really hope it could be useful because it recorded the crashed that happened earlier this day.
Do you have a messaging widget on your home screen?

Can you remove all widgets from your home screen and then see if your phone continues to restart.

Looks like something is happening when you receive a message and the widget is failing to update

If it's a 3rd party app or launcher with the widget uninstall it

Googole

I don't have a widget, I use the default launcher because I can't use Smart Launcher 5 (which I used on Android 10) with gestures.
I use the default time and weather widget from Xiaomi which is linked to the default Weather and Clock app.
I've removed all my widgets from the home screen, I'll let you know if that works.

Last edited:

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
I don't have a widget, I use the default launcher because I can't use Smart Launcher 5 (which I used on Android 10) with gestures.
I use the default time and weather widget from Xiaomi which is linked to the default Weather and Clock app.
That is really the only error in your logcat (it also doesn't seem a complete logcat and only a part of one)

As mentioned the logcat needs to be recording at the exact moment the restart happens.

Other things you can try is clearing data of the following

Google services framework
Google
Google play services

Googole

That is really the only error in your logcat (it also doesn't seem a complete logcat and only a part of one)

As mentioned the logcat needs to be recording at the exact moment the restart happens.

Other things you can try is clearing data of the following

Google services framework
Google
Google play services
I guess I'll try to install Smart Launcher then, and then I'll try the things you advised me.
If the problem is still there, I'll make a new logcat.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've reinstalled WhatsApp without restoring any backup and that fixed the problem.
    I don't experience the issue since doing this so that means my problem is solved.