MyFaves still rogue?

Search This thread

coolbho3000

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Dec 26, 2008
Is myfaves still sending rogue messages in RC33? I'm using AT&T and don't want messaging fees. I did their "messaging opt out" but am still afraid of $0.20 charges because of myfaves!

I looked at my logcat and there doesn't seem to be any myfaves messages within 30 minutes... but I'm not so sure.

I have to go with RC33 now... why? All the theme developers are supporting (for whatever reason) this smoldering less open OS, and Google is locking ADP1.1 out of DRM market apps... makes me mad :mad:

Last edited:

majatt

Jan 26, 2009
Let me apologize firstly since I'm not going to directly answer your question.

I don't know if it is still 'rogue' on RC33, when I was RC30 I never saw any random text messages on my bill but, much like you, I was paranoid so I switched to the UK firmware to be safe.

RC9 is missing the IM client and has no voice search, other than that it is the same, to me.

Mikey

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Wheaton, Il
Is myfaves still sending rogue messages in RC33? I'm using AT&T and don't want messaging fees. I did their "messaging opt out" but am still afraid of $0.20 charges because of myfaves!

I looked at my logcat and there doesn't seem to be any myfaves messages within 30 minutes... but I'm not so sure.

I have to go with RC33 now... why? All the theme developers are supporting (for whatever reason) this smoldering less open OS, and Google is locking ADP1.1 out of DRM market apps... makes me mad :mad:

I have ADP and i get full market. The modded version has the market.
the official ADP doesn't have the market ;)

ghoonk

Dec 3, 2008
Dubai, UAE
Yes, but the Market is 'smart' enough to tell if you are not in the US/UK and will automatically filter results accordingly. The only way I can get paid apps to show up on my JF1.43 ADP1.1h is to insert my T-Mo prepaid SIM and connect to the internet using WiFi.