• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

MZ601 ICS 4.0.3 alpha build

Search This thread

ydaraishy

Jun 27, 2010
Here is a very alpha build of 4.0.3 for the UMTS 3G Xoom, ie., MZ601 (everest). I'm going to be trying to get something better soon, but it's quite serviceable for now.

Disclaimers/notes:
* There's no guarantees with this build, but if you have any issues, providing an "adb lolcat", "dmesg", or "adb lolcat -b radio" output depending on the issue would at least help.
* The framework is _blindly_ hacked to get a stable data connection, so reliability issues may be present (see below); I will be trying to improve this most of all for a subsequent build. Let me know if anyone's interested in the technical details. I will be providing patches of some kind later.
* The RIL's been taken off a 3.2 Telstra AU build and tested on an AU device on Telstra only. Unknown if this works at all for overseas users of the 601, 605, or on other carriers.
* The boot images will start in insecure mode (ie., adb will run as root) but the correct su binary has not been pushed.

Known issues:
* RSSI indications not correct (always shows full strength) (will be fixed in future build)
* If moving and connection drops, data connection is not reestablished properly. To work-around, enable and disable Airplane Mode for this
* after first flash, requires reboot to make data active. (will be fixed in future build)
* gps broken (will be fixed in future build)

Known tested:
* camera
* cellular data connection (although see known issues above)
* wi-fi
* wi-fi tether
* speaker dock
* video playback

Not tested:
* face unlock
* update zips not tested, but probably will not work -- use adb.
* maybe other things

Not provided:
* gapps -- get them elsewhere, and also note above re update zips and adb. Manually installing the "beta" CM ICS gapps seems to work fine.

This is a set of fastboot images: flash all images and "fastboot erase cache", then reboot twice.

http://mediafire.com/download.php?1dfi2hm30dp6bsy

Last edited:

terminal 7

Jan 27, 2008
exeter, uk.
hey

brilliant, my 601 has just started being awkward with its current 3.2 rom so this is good timing

gonna download and install after work on my UK Mz601 3g

lets see where this goes :)

tb-killa

Feb 25, 2008
Duisburg
Hey these sounds really great to get someone working on European 3g Version of ICS.

Could you provide zip file with modified files, or show me list with compare of different file types.

I work also on Stingray Source to get 3g working !!

Hope we could get it work really stable without bugs !!!

Reactions: crayfiss

druskies

Sep 20, 2009
Sydney
damn just realized i need my desktop to do this

cant do this til later then :(

EDIT: downloaded it and installed. Had to play around with it abit but it works.

Had to disable and re enable airplane mode then reboot afterwards and that got it to work

Thanks op!

Last edited:

maraca

Jan 19, 2007
Exellent!!!!!!
You can do a backup once installed with ClockworkMod and upload it so
install from SD?, this rom is with root access?

teerapong.g

Jan 23, 2008
Bangkok
Report I update from 3.2 official MZ 601 dtac network thailand
3G work I have baseband N_01.100.05P
Data connect ok
Camera ok
Bug
Icon show in 3g not H but it's H Mode
Animation in icon 3g and charge battery not show
Next I will test application

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a very alpha build of 4.0.3 for the UMTS 3G Xoom, ie., MZ601 (everest). I'm going to be trying to get something better soon, but it's quite serviceable for now.

Disclaimers/notes:
    * There's no guarantees with this build, but if you have any issues, providing an "adb lolcat", "dmesg", or "adb lolcat -b radio" output depending on the issue would at least help.
    * The framework is _blindly_ hacked to get a stable data connection, so reliability issues may be present (see below); I will be trying to improve this most of all for a subsequent build. Let me know if anyone's interested in the technical details. I will be providing patches of some kind later.
    * The RIL's been taken off a 3.2 Telstra AU build and tested on an AU device on Telstra only. Unknown if this works at all for overseas users of the 601, 605, or on other carriers.
    * The boot images will start in insecure mode (ie., adb will run as root) but the correct su binary has not been pushed.

Known issues:
    * RSSI indications not correct (always shows full strength) (will be fixed in future build)
    * If moving and connection drops, data connection is not reestablished properly. To work-around, enable and disable Airplane Mode for this
    * after first flash, requires reboot to make data active. (will be fixed in future build)
    * gps broken (will be fixed in future build)

Known tested:
    * camera
    * cellular data connection (although see known issues above)
    * wi-fi
    * wi-fi tether
    * speaker dock
    * video playback

Not tested:
    * face unlock
    * update zips not tested, but probably will not work -- use adb.
    * maybe other things

Not provided:
    * gapps -- get them elsewhere, and also note above re update zips and adb. Manually installing the "beta" CM ICS gapps seems to work fine.

This is a set of fastboot images: flash all images and "fastboot erase cache", then reboot twice.

http://mediafire.com/download.php?1dfi2hm30dp6bsy
    Guys, fastboot isn't that big of a deal. If you don't like it, wait for the other ROM developers to get things sorted and use that. Fastboot-flashable images are the native output of the Android build process, and I don't have any personal reason not to use fastboot images as yet.

This is a one-woman effort here, I'm not doing it to cater to your needs first, I'm releasing something I've found useful in the case that others may benefit from what I have. The information to replicate the work is in an earlier post of mine, for developers who want to cater explicitly to your needs, and I'll even release source patches once I've got all the bugs sorted. This is what open source is about, people.
    Good afternoon. Could someone write the commands that I use via the ADB, to install this .Tar package? :confused::eek:

No problem.

first you need to unrar the .tar file to your foulder, in which the adb files are. then do the things, which are told here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/xo...xoom-via-fastboot-official-system-images.html

btw i always press the thanks botton... but i want to quote.. oh man.. i should have read befor...

btw2 you will loose everything! root, custom recovery and so on..

my tipp: replace the recovery.img from this ICS alpha with the one, build in the team rogue CWM (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1235170)

then flash the universal-root zip for the xoom here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1242241

after that: reboot twice and go to market, to update the superuser app. then, like me you should have a full usable ICS on your xoom. i have no issues on my xoom found...
    I've done the same now, still everything seems to be fine - except for the GPS, still can't get it working.

aLogcat shows:

I've updated the first post and have fixed this for subsequent builds.

If you want to get this working yourself and have a dump from Honeycomb, push akmd2, location, and brcm_guci_drv from /system/bin into this build and restart.
    Good afternoon. Could someone write the commands that I use via the ADB, to install this .Tar package? :confused::eek:

Instructions to Flash & Re-Lock Your Motorola XOOM:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
    fastboot erase cache