[N20 Ultra SM-N986U/U1/W_Snapdragon]-[Upgrade Easily Firmware Using Odin]-[Automatically Root Remove Forceencrypt Patch Bluetooth And Fix Safetynet]

Search This thread

pjrs2812

Mar 20, 2017
Richmond
I want to upgrade to UI 3.1 build 2DUC1 firmware. I have a bootloader unlocked SM-N986U1. I will be using the force wipe AIO. It's not clear to me if I should load the BL file from the stock 2DUC1 firmware in Odin or not. I don't won't to make a mistake and loose my unlock.

Thanks

jkitty916

Aug 5, 2016
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Must Have An Unlocked Bootloader To Do This!

This An odin tar file I have created to flash along with stock odin firmware to automatically install TWRP recovery along with Disable VBMETA image. The tar file will also automatically install magislk root along with remove force encryption and patch bluetooth library file. It will also patch safetynet. No flashing of zips is required

Info For Bootloader Unlocks Can Be Found In Post 2

Downloads
SM-N986U/U1/W- Model

These contains bootloaders from One UI 3.0 firmware so you will not loose token and do not need to alter firmware you are flashing
They contain bootloaders too allow you too load full stock One UI 3.1 firmware in odin without having to worry about removing certain files as the bootloaders in the USERDATA file will keep you on the correct bootloaders.

USERDATA_AIO_N986_FORCE_WIPE.tar.md5
This will force a wipe of data no mater what. This Must Be Used On U1 Firmware and can be used on U firmware if you choose so.

USERDATA_AIO_N986_NO_WIPE.tar.md5
This will only wipe if you have encrypted data. This Can Only Be Used On U firmware

These do not contains bootloaders from One UI 3.0 firmware and you will loose token if you flash higher version bootloaders unless you alter the firmware. You can use these to do the firmware as you see fit.
USERDATA_AIO_N986_FORCE_WIPE_NO_BL.tar.md5
This will force a wipe of data no mater what. This Must Be Used On U1 Firmware and can be used on U firmware if you choose so.

USERDATA_AIO_N986_NO_WIPE_NO_BL.tar.md5
This will only wipe if you have encrypted data. This Can Only Be Used On U firmware

Odin3_v3.14.1_3B_PatcheD.zip

Note 20 SM-N981U/U1

TWRP Recovery Provide by @afaneh92

Be prepared to have your data wiped. The process tries to determine if you do or do not need to have data wipe but as a precaution just assume your data will be wiped. Especially if using U1 or W firmware

Install Instructions For Newly Unlocked Devices

You must be OEM Unlocked Bootloader
1. On Initial unlock of phone you must through setup and be signed into your google account.

2. Reboot phone too download mode and make sure KG STATUS=CHECKING (see pic) and not PRENORMAL. If PRENORMAL then do step 1 again

View attachment 5217631

3. Use patched 3.14 odin and load file USERDATA_SLOT_N98*U_**.tar.md5 you must choose one of the FORCE_WIPE files and load in the USERSDATA slot of odin and flash file

4. Phone will reboot to TWRP and remove encryption which will wipe phone. Phone will reboot back too TWRP to finish install then reboot to setup

Install Instructions For Updating Firmware On Phone Already Unlocked

1. Reboot phone too download mode and make sure KG STATUS=CHECKING. If not see above

2. Use patched 3.14 odin and load stock firmware in appropriate slots use regular CSC file in the CSC slot and load file one of the USERDATA_SLOT_N98*U_**.tar.md5 in the USERSDATA slot of odin and flash firmware. Do not use the User Data file that comes with firmware.

3. Phone will reboot to TWRP and check for encryption and remove if needed which will wipe phone. If phone is not encrypted data will not be wiped. Phone will reboot back too TWRP to finish install then reboot to setup if data was wiped or reboot normally if it was not

Install Instructions If Updating Images With TWRP

1. When done flashing images in TWRP Reboot phone too download mode and make sure KG STATUS=CHECKING. If not see above.

2. Use patched 3.14 odin and load file USERDATA_AIO_N98*_NO_WIPE_NO_BL.tar.md5 in the USERSDATA slot of odin and flash file.

3. Phone will reboot to TWRP and check for encryption and remove if needed which will wipe phone. If phone is not encrypted data will not be wiped. Phone will reboot back too TWRP to finish install then reboot to setup if data was wiped or reboot normally if it was not.

4. Alternatively to using USERDATA_AIO_G98*_NO_WIPE_NO_BL.tar.md5 in odin you can use AIO_Magisk_22_S20_Series.zip found in post 2

Features
No patches or mod zips are needed phone will already be rooted

Fix Safetynet
Bluetooth is patched for pairing to survive reboots

Samsung Health working

Bugs
Samsung Pay, Secure Folder and Samsung Pass do not work as on most Samsung Rooted Roms

Thanks To People That Make My Life Easier
@elliwigy

@klabit87
@Krog18
@me2151
@stang5litre
@Raymonf for modified odin
@rayan-refoua for boot animation
@TheMadScientist
@afaneh92
@kdrag0n for safetynet fix

3arthur6 for bluetooth patch zip
@JDBarlow for test S20 stuff
Thank You! This worked. Fast. Easy. No headaches! All of you are freaking Rock Stars! Do any of your neighbors know they be living next to verified Rock Stars? Im off to MAKE MY PHONE GREAT AGAIN. ;)

I want to upgrade to UI 3.1 build 2DUC1 firmware. I have a bootloader unlocked SM-N986U1. I will be using the force wipe AIO. It's not clear to me if I should load the BL file from the stock 2DUC1 firmware in Odin or not. I don't won't to make a mistake and loose my unlock.

Thanks
Do not flash the BL from stock unless you wanna pay for the unlock again.

""These contains bootloaders from One UI 3.0 firmware so you will not loose token and do not need to alter firmware you are flashing
They contain bootloaders too allow you too load full stock One UI 3.1 firmware in odin without having to worry about removing certain files as the bootloaders in the USERDATA file will keep you on the correct bootloaders.""

statultra

Nov 13, 2009
Hi, I just flashed the Sac23 One UI 3.1 rom on my unlocked note 20 ultra N986U, can I then flash "USERDATA_AIO_N986_NO_WIPE.tar.md5" with no data loss?

bghouse10

Dec 21, 2010
MIssouri
Hoping someone can clarify the procedure on updating from 2.5UI to 3.0-3.1 please. I am currently on Sac Rom23, A10, 2.5UI(Note 20 Ultra-BL unlocked). I am wanting to flash USERDATA_AIO_N986_NO_WIPE.tar.md5. I am still getting used to updating via Odin so apologies if this is a stupid question.
**EDIT**
I think I'm on the right track but my first attempt failed.
-I put home CSC in the CSC tab
-USERDATA_AIO_N986_NO_WIPE.tar.md5 in the User Data tab

hit start but failed to update. Do I also need to add the AP & CP files?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Hoping someone can clarify the procedure on updating from 2.5UI to 3.0-3.1 please. I am currently on Sac Rom23, A10, 2.5UI(Note 20 Ultra-BL unlocked). I am wanting to flash USERDATA_AIO_N986_NO_WIPE.tar.md5. I am still getting used to updating via Odin so apologies if this is a stupid question.
**EDIT**
I think I'm on the right track but my first attempt failed.
-I put home CSC in the CSC tab
-USERDATA_AIO_N986_NO_WIPE.tar.md5 in the User Data tab

hit start but failed to update. Do I also need to add the AP & CP files?
Thanks!
Yeah ap cp csc userdata no bl. Coming from 2.5 you may need a wipe. Not 100% on that.

Jarras

If you are flashing U1 firmware you must use the force wipe. There is no way around this unless you want to repackage the AP file of the U1 firmware and remove the userdata.img thats in there.
Removing userdata & repackaging will allow the use of "USERDATA_AIO_N986_NO_WIPE_V1_FILES.tar.md5" on a U1? I'm curious, does the AP file for the U version not come with the userdata file so it doesn't need repackaging to prevent a wipe?

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Removing userdata & repackaging will allow the use of "USERDATA_AIO_N986_NO_WIPE_V1_FILES.tar.md5" on a U1? I'm curious, does the AP file for the U version not come with the userdata file so it doesn't need repackaging to prevent a wipe?
The U version comes with a seperate file for userdata. But you cant go back and forth between U and U1 without wiping data anyways they are different firmware and not wiping data will cause you issues

Jarras

Is DUB5 the last version with bootloader 1 that I can use on my unlocked note 20 ultra without relocking the bootloader? Sorry in advance if it seems like a dumb question. This is my first Samsung phone and I am trying to figure out all I can before I do anything and screw myself over.

johnsgone

Thank you OG Jkruse for providing these AIO files for us. Awesome work, doing everything for us like this on your own free time isn't necessary but wow it certainly is appreciated man. Thank you for taking the time from your personal life to make the extra effort in providing this for us all. Cool to see you're handle anytime and an extra throwback thank you for all the VZW specific/compatible work you've done in the past as well. Couldn't count how often I relied on your work in the past.

satva49721

Aug 31, 2011
Hello

I just purchased unlock token but I am on 3.1, can I flash this without worry or do I need to roll back first? Also if I have to (if possible) rollback, will I be OK having purchased unlock on 3.1? I guess not eh.. dang so what do I do

Is DUB5 the last version with bootloader 1 that I can use on my unlocked note 20 ultra without relocking the bootloader? Sorry in advance if it seems like a dumb question. This is my first Samsung phone and I am trying to figure out all I can before I do anything and screw myself over.
No but gonna have to becareful I'm locked Rev 2 on my modem when I flashed rics rom duc1 I'd imagine from here on out your gonna want to check the ap file to make sure they don't slip the bootloader in there. DUC8 what my gf's 20 ultra ota'd too. I downloaded an checked the ap file against the previous ap file.I removed a misc.bin.lz4 file and Metadata.img. Then flashed it. I don't know what misc.bin does only thing I could find was a folder /data/misc either way it didn't get flashed with the rest.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1oTNdtXUTe0ucxYtKAx-zHGJxGeRsTgd7

AP
HomeCSC
jrkruse aio
All that is flashed
Screenshot_20210405-001847_Settings.jpg

Last edited:

satva49721

Aug 31, 2011
Can someone help me. Ok, i got my bootloader unlocked. im on ui 3.0. i tried using the AIO with the bl, the first option to wipe all files, but i got a fail. Also, i would like to end up on ui 3.1. can I do this after i use the AIO and get root, etc.. or should I flash the firmware upgrade with the AIO. . and what AIO do i use? like i said i got a fail flashing the one including the 3.0 bootloaders.

or do i flash the latest firmware with it.. even thoug im scared to. Heh

any idea?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Make sure Re-Partiton is unchecked on the options tab before you flash. Regarding 3.1, I recommend you use SacROM or a (bit 1) stock ROM until a solution is found to keep BL unlock on bit 2 firmware.
    Im running bit 2 with unlocked bootloader. I just posted it a couple a couple comments back.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...tooth-and-fix-safetynet.4240803/post-84779273
    Must Have An Unlocked Bootloader To Do This!

This An odin tar file I have created to flash along with stock odin firmware to automatically install TWRP recovery along with Disable VBMETA image. The tar file will also automatically install magislk root along with remove force encryption and patch bluetooth library file. It will also patch safetynet. No flashing of zips is required

Info For Bootloader Unlocks Can Be Found In Post 2

I Do Not Recommend Mixing Bit 1 And Bit 2 Firmware!!!!

Downloads
    SM-N986U/U1/W- Model

These do not contains bootloaders from One UI 3.0 firmware and you will loose token if you flash higher version bootloaders unless you alter the firmware. You can use these to do the firmware as you see fit.
    USERDATA_AIO_N986_FORCE_WIPE_NO_BL.tar.md5 --Use on android 10 or 11

USERDATA_AIO_N986_NO_WIPE_NO_BL.tar.md5 --Use on android 10 or 11

Odin3_v3.14.1_3B_PatcheD.zip

Note 20 SM-N981U/U1

TWRP Recovery Provide by @afaneh92

Be prepared to have your data wiped. The process tries to determine if you do or do not need to have data wipe but as a precaution just assume your data will be wiped. Especially if using U1 or W firmware

Install Instructions For Newly Unlocked Devices

You must be OEM Unlocked Bootloader
    1. On Initial unlock of phone you must through setup and be signed into your google account.

2. Reboot phone too download mode and make sure KG STATUS=CHECKING (see pic) and not PRENORMAL. If PRENORMAL then do step 1 again

View attachment 5217631

3. Use patched 3.14 odin and load file USERDATA_SLOT_N98*U_**.tar.md5 you must choose one of the FORCE_WIPE files and load in the USERSDATA slot of odin and flash file

4. Phone will reboot to TWRP and remove encryption which will wipe phone. Phone will reboot back too TWRP to finish install then reboot to setup

Install Instructions For Updating Firmware On Phone Already Unlocked

1. Reboot phone too download mode and make sure KG STATUS=CHECKING. If not see above

2. Use patched 3.14 odin and load stock firmware in appropriate slots use regular CSC file in the CSC slot and load file one of the USERDATA_SLOT_N98*U_**.tar.md5 in the USERSDATA slot of odin and flash firmware. Do not use the User Data file that comes with firmware.

3. Phone will reboot to TWRP and check for encryption and remove if needed which will wipe phone. If phone is not encrypted data will not be wiped. Phone will reboot back too TWRP to finish install then reboot to setup if data was wiped or reboot normally if it was not

Install Instructions If Updating Images With TWRP

1. When done flashing images in TWRP Reboot phone too download mode and make sure KG STATUS=CHECKING. If not see above.

2. Use patched 3.14 odin and load file USERDATA_AIO_N98*_NO_WIPE_NO_BL.tar.md5 in the USERSDATA slot of odin and flash file.

3. Phone will reboot to TWRP and check for encryption and remove if needed which will wipe phone. If phone is not encrypted data will not be wiped. Phone will reboot back too TWRP to finish install then reboot to setup if data was wiped or reboot normally if it was not.

4. Alternatively to using USERDATA_AIO_G98*_NO_WIPE_NO_BL.tar.md5 in odin you can use AIO_Magisk_22_S20_Series.zip found in post 2

Features
    No patches or mod zips are needed phone will already be rooted

Fix Safetynet
    Bluetooth is patched for pairing to survive reboots

Samsung Health working

Bugs
    Samsung Pay, Secure Folder and Samsung Pass do not work as on most Samsung Rooted Roms

Thanks To People That Make My Life Easier
    @elliwigy

@klabit87
    @Krog18
    @me2151
    @stang5litre
    @Raymonf for modified odin
    @rayan-refoua for boot animation
    @TheMadScientist
    @afaneh92
    @kdrag0n for safetynet fix

3arthur6 for bluetooth patch zip
    @JDBarlow for test S20 stuff
    This is the zip that does the same thing as above odin file does. You can use this if you are updating images via flashing them in TWRP instead of using odin and wish to use the AIO zip instead of using odin

Downloads
    Coming Soon!!

Info For Bootloader Unlocks Can Be Found

Another Thread For Bootloader Unlocks Can Be Found
    Yes you can flash AIO alone, or with a ROM in Odin.
    got it,. something was wrong with the file or something, moved to a diff drive
    Make sure Re-Partiton is unchecked on the options tab before you flash. Regarding 3.1, I recommend you use SacROM or a (bit 1) stock ROM until a solution is found to keep BL unlock on bit 2 firmware.
    Im running bit 2 with unlocked bootloader. I just posted it a couple a couple comments back.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...tooth-and-fix-safetynet.4240803/post-84779273
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone