[N2E][1.1] SalsichaNooter 0.4 18/11 - With Market, Gapps, Themed ADW, NookTouchTools

Search This thread

fredy915

Apr 17, 2011
can some one give me the benefits of doing this to my nook im new to this & ive been wondering if it's worth it ? thank you guys

CRACING

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 10, 2008
125 Miles From Sea
can some one give me the benefits of doing this to my nook im new to this & ive been wondering if it's worth it ? thank you guys

If you wanna use the nook only for reading epub books, then you don't need to flash/install custom ROMs.

By flash/install custom ROMs, you will get many benefits as you can install many android apps and use the device like tablet!

I had to use this because I had troubles reading multi language pdf files in default nook reader and also now I can read most of other documents like doc, xls, ppt, txt and etc. :)

BTW; before install the ROM, please make backup of your nook partitions to an image. To do so, go to this thread. Its required if the installing fails or etc. Just for your kind info if you don't know. Some of them didn't do and now they regret. :eek:

Thanks...
Best Regards

fredy915

Apr 17, 2011
Sweet thanks for answering my question but I think I will keep it stock since I just use it for my school textbooks

Sent from my HTC Raider X710e using XDA App

fredy915

Apr 17, 2011
so im going to give it a go but the nook dev page is down and i dont know if its necessary go use the noogie sd thing on that site , if so can you provide me the info :)

If you wanna use the nook only for reading epub books, then you don't need to flash/install custom ROMs.

By flash/install custom ROMs, you will get many benefits as you can install many android apps and use the device like tablet!

I had to use this because I had troubles reading multi language pdf files in default nook reader and also now I can read most of other documents like doc, xls, ppt, txt and etc. :)

BTW; before install the ROM, please make backup of your nook partitions to an image. To do so, go to this thread. Its required if the installing fails or etc. Just for your kind info if you don't know. Some of them didn't do and now they regret. :eek:

Thanks...
Best Regards

colinjreed

Nov 11, 2009
Denver, CO
Market not working

I have gotten everything working up to the gmail sync stage, but when I open the market, all it says is "No matching content in Android Market. Has anyone else experienced this or have suggestions for a fix?

Torimu.Joji

Jan 5, 2012
Brr...
www.nookroot.tk
I have gotten everything working up to the gmail sync stage, but when I open the market, all it says is "No matching content in Android Market. Has anyone else experienced this or have suggestions for a fix?

If you use SearchMarket (Included in my TorimuNooter) you can search within the android market. You might also want to consider installing the Amazon App Store (Also included in my TorimuNooter).

Soea

Feb 28, 2012
Krakow
this nooter works great, it never failed or crashed on me
I'm using it since 3 days about 6h/day xD

when I was rooting, my 8gb minisdhc card lost it capacity to 74mb and I couldn't bring it back no matter what i did and what software did I used (I've tried 3 of them)

in last ray of hope i inserted it into Nook, and in setting selected "format sd card" and it worked :D
but i still dont know what kind of sotware could repair it if it wasnt for Nook...

BTW if you want to uninstall apps like YT, "music", "nook frinds" etc. install "root uninstaller" app

anyway thanks Salsicha for this excelent nooter

edit: ive attached my desktop screenshot and apps drawer screenshot cause its so coool ;)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1330738914883.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1330738914883.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 364
  • shot_000001.jpg
    shot_000001.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 342

CRACING

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 10, 2008
125 Miles From Sea
this nooter works great, it never failed or crashed on me
I'm using it since 3 days about 6h/day xD

when I was rooting, my 8gb minisdhc card lost it capacity to 74mb and I couldn't bring it back no matter what i did and what software did I used (I've tried 3 of them)

in last ray of hope i inserted it into Nook, and in setting selected "format sd card" and it worked :D
but i still dont know what kind of sotware could repair it if it wasnt for Nook...

BTW if you want to uninstall apps like YT, "music", "nook frinds" etc. install "root uninstaller" app

anyway thanks Salsicha for this excelent nooter

edit: ive attached my desktop screenshot and apps drawer screenshot cause its so coool ;)

Did you tried MiniTools Partition Wizard?

mrWax

Jan 31, 2012
G-calendar sync? Usb-host mode? No-refresh mode?

Are following included ?
-G-calendar sync? (so far had non-starting Market after copying calendar.apk and calendarProvider.apk into system/app)
-Usb-host mode? (Renate NST has nice app)
-No-refresh mode? (there is this nice app, unfortunately you need to run for every app - does not keep running)

thx

Gonzoide

Jun 13, 2009
Hi all,

I've successfully installed this nooter (kudos to Salsicha), but I have problem on final step : Youtube does not open, therefore I cannot complete my authentication.

(when I try to launch it, I get a blink then nothing, same for Opera Mini)

Any clue ? Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SalsichaNooter With Gapps for Nook Touch 1.1

I do NOT claim ANY credit for this. The credits all goes to:

What it does:
    • Enables USB ADB via uRamdisk
    • Installs su and Superuser.apk
    • Installs Busybox
    • Installs Button Savior
    • Installs ADW Launcher themed with Minimalist Black (thanks Kralik)
    • Installs NookTouchTools and Jars (Edit n/reading now/side btns/RecentApps+ActivityPicker+ForceOrient)
    • Installs NookColor Tools (To Enable Non-Market Installs)
    • Installs Gapps (Gmail, Market, Youtube, Others)

HOW TO:

• write the SalsichaNooter04.img on the SD
      • Linux: Unzip and use dd if=SalsichaNooterXX.img of=/dev/sdcard
      • Windows: Unzip and use WinImage to "Restore Virtual Hard Disk
    • Insert TouchNooter SDcard into your Nook and Reboot.
    • You should see the screen "Rooted Forever".
    • It will boot like normal and you should be asked to select a launcher now.
    • Remove the SD,
    • Reboot,
    • NookColorTools - disable and re-enable non market apps (uncheck and check it again),
    • Youtube > Select "My Channel" and Login using your Gmail Account.
    • Gmail > Sync.
    • Market (install at least 1 application with this version, search doesn't work)
    • now (after you have installed 1 app) eventually replace Vending.apk with this to enable search

DISCLAMER and WARNING: I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis. Please do some research if you have any concerns about this app.

But works fine for me....

Changes from de original GabrialDestruir's TouchNooter 1.6.24:

Code:
    0.4 - 18/11/11
    Added: ADW Launcher themed with Minimalist Black (thanks Kralik)
    Removed: Zeam Launcher
    Replace: Gapps by eded333' repack (less Market)
    Added: AdFree
    Added: Opera Mobile
    Updated: su and Superuser.apk

0.3 - 18/11/11
    Removed: SetupWizard.apk (skip the default android registration)
    Removed: LiveWallpapers.apk
    Removed: VisualizationWallpapers.apk
    Removed: LiveWallpapersPicker.apk

0.2 - 18/11/11
    Updated: ButtionSavior
    Added: adbWireless
    Added: uRamdisk for 1.1 USB
    Removed: uRamdisk for 1.1 WIFI

0.1 - 17/11/11
    Added: NookTouchTools
    Added: Zeam Launcher
    Added: ES File Explorer
    Added: framework_1.1_patched.jar
    Added: uRamdisk for 1.1 update
    Removed: Go Launcher

Download Link

SalsichaNooter04.img 18/11/11

Previous versions

SalsichaNooter03.img 18/11/11
    SalsichaNooter02.img 18/11/11
    SalsichaNooter01.img 17/11/11
    I put my downloaded copy into dropbox, so here you go. Could I ask that you not overload it? :p
    Thats new, for me it seems build.prop wasn't edited correctly.

Is gmail working?? if it isn't also add the second part before the reboot of the first,

Try this manually writing it through adb line by line, if it still dosnt work, come to my thread, and look at what apeine is trying.

Code:
    cd C:/android-sdk-windows/platform-tools
    adb connect yourNSTip
    adb shell
    su
    mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /system
    rm -R /data/data/com.android.vending/*
    echo "ro.config.nocheckin=no" >> /system/build.prop
    reboot

If Gmail isnt working add also this :
    Code:
    rm -R /data/data/com.google.android.gm/*
    sed -i '/uid.system/,/perms/{/uid.system/b;/perms/b;d}' /data/system/packages.xml
    reboot
    Great job salsicha.
    I already rooted my 1.1.0 nook with the 1.6.24 nooter with 1.1.0 files. But making it less of a hassle for the other is a plus!!!
    E parabéns por ser o primeiro brasileiro a fazer um nooter para o Nook STR!