[N4][ROOT] DooMLoRD Easy Rooting Toolkit (v17) {perf_event exploit}[20130717]

Search This thread

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
[ Info ]

(New! Windows/Linux/MAC Support!)

so guys good news! we have a new exploit working! i have tested this on my friends Nexus 4!

i have successfully ported it for the devices i have/use... it was ported to android by hiikezoe but it was a HUGE pain trying to get every address involved... HUGE thanks to fi01 for helping out understand the whole process and giving a great walkthrough as to how to port new devices to it!

[ NOTE ]

this WILL WORK on both LOCKED & UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER DEVICES!

beginning from v13 now you only need to be on the corresponding firmware! any customization SHOULD work

[ how to root ]

1. just download the file, extract it completely using winzip/winrar
  2. go to the folder where its extracted and execute "RUNME.bat"
  3. read and follow the instructions on the screen!
  4. REBOOT THE DEVICE AFTER THE SCRIPT HAS FINISHED EXECUTION!
Code:
 ---------------------------------------------------------------
	              Easy rooting toolkit (v17.0)
                    created by DooMLoRD
                    "pref_event exploit"
    Credits go to all those involved in making this possible!
   Special thanks to: the_laser, Bin4ry, fi01, hiikezoe, [NUT]
  and to all those who are contributing to our git tree!
       Sources: https://github.com/android-rooting-tools

[*] This script will:
      (1) root ur device 
      (2) install Busybox
      (3) install SU files

[*] Before u begin:   
      (1) make sure u have installed adb drivers for ur device
      (2) enable "USB DEBUGGING" 
            from (Menu\Settings\Applications\Development)
      (3) enable "UNKNOWN SOURCES"
            from (Menu\Settings\Applications)
      (4) [OPTIONAL] increase screen timeout to 10 minutes
      (5) connect USB cable to PHONE and then connect to PC

[ Tested on ]

[ Credits ]

Credits go to all those involved in making this possible!

Special thanks to:

fi01
hiikezoe
@Bin4ry
@the_laser
@djrbliss
@[NUT]

[ sources ]

https://github.com/android-rooting-tools/android_run_root_shell

[ donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

[ Download Links ]

PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES!

NEW:

DooMLoRD_Easy-Rooting-Toolkit_v17_perf-event-exploit.zip

OLD:

DooMLoRD_Easy-Rooting-Toolkit_v16_perf-event-exploit.zip

DooMLoRD_Easy-Rooting-Toolkit_v15_perf-event-exploit.zip

DooMLoRD_Easy-Rooting-Toolkit_v14_perf-event-exploit.zip

[ UnRooting ]

will post something later

regards,

DooMLoRD

Last edited:

Droid2drummer

Nov 13, 2012
Lol yup I was just about to ask. As I figured it would be first question. Glad you added its addressing for future possibility. A great root tool. Never get enough exploit. That's what I say. Lmao. Peace bro. And I've heard your name several times but I was always on another device. Peace.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

OrrPenn18

Feb 18, 2011
Recovery Mode
For a moment I thought I stumbled onto some Xperia thread :p. Nice to see you here, DoomLord.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Wow man. @DooMLoRD great job.
As if your contributions in the Xperia forums were not enough, lol. Big fan here. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7

For a moment I thought I stumbled onto some Xperia thread :p. Nice to see you here, DoomLord.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

one of my friends was bugging me to root his Nexus 4 without unlocking bootloader... since i was working on this exploit for Xperia devices i thought might as well get it working on the Nexus 4 :D

maxld

Mar 21, 2009
Łódź
Doesn't work. Locked device is shown via adb as offline and script hangs on *demon started succesfully

Last edited:

xXHITMANXx508

Jul 25, 2011
Plymouth MA
Holy!!! DooM!!! I haven't seen you in forever!!! Nice to see you still in the game. I jumped to an iPhone for a bit right after my xperia x10
But, now I'm back at it with my nexus 4.

Nice seeing you around please keep up the amazing work :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Doesn't work. Locked device is shown via adb as offline and script hangs on *demon started succesfully

search online on how to resolve "adb offline issue"

Holy!!! DooM!!! I haven't seen you in forever!!! Nice to see you still in the game. I jumped to an iPhone for a bit right after my xperia x10
But, now I'm back at it with my nexus 4.

Nice seeing you around please keep up the amazing work :)

Good to see you too!

Thanks !!!

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

hlaraujo

Nov 8, 2012
Rio de Janeiro
My bootloader is locked, if I use this script, will it unlock my bootloader to root and then relock it or will it somehow wipe all my data like if I was unlocking the bootloader?
Also, if I want to unroot, can I do it with mskip's toolkit?

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
reinventing the wheel... cmon we have 4 toolkits already. that works.

show me any one of ur toolkits which support rooting the huge list of devices mentioned in the OP and that too WITHOUT UNLOCKING BOOTLOADER....

i just posted it here since i thought it would be useful to the N4 community...

if i am not welcome here, i think i will lock down thread.. .

hlaraujo

Nov 8, 2012
Rio de Janeiro
show me any one of ur toolkits which support rooting the huge list of devices mentioned in the OP and that too WITHOUT UNLOCKING BOOTLOADER....

i just posted it here since i thought it would be useful to the N4 community...

if i am not welcome here, i think i will lock down thread.. .

Dude, please don't mind him, your work is more than welcome here... thank you very much for your time spent with this and I hope you keep bringing more of it to us

hp420

Jul 31, 2011
Gainesville, Fl
Google Nexus 4
T-Mobile LG G2
Nice!! DooMLoRD is here!!! :D I haven't seen you since my x10 days man! Do you own an N4, or just providing some dev for us?

I'm glad to see you around these parts regardless. I really respect your work!!

reinventing the wheel... cmon we have 4 toolkits already. that works.

Be nice!! DooMLoRD isn't just a name...he is an xperia GOD!! lol IIRC, he (?) was one of the lead devs in unlocking the xperia 2010 and 2011 bootloaders when sony gave us all who didn't buy sim unlocked versions the middle finger when we asked to have our bootloaders unlocked along with those who did buy their devices sim unlocked. You can turn your nose up at that feat all you want, too, because I remember reading all the posts in the dev thread about how good of a job sony did at locking that sucker down, too....that was NOT exactly an easy nut to crack, to say the least!

Last edited:

twowheeler

Sep 4, 2011
Doomlord! Man i misses that name after going to nexus 4 after xperia x10. That thing is still running your kernel.

aqnd

May 7, 2012
Firstly - thanks a bunch. Was hoping I wouldn't have to wipe everything without a nandroid, et voila!

but....

search online on how to resolve "adb offline issue"

I'm having a similar issue, except mine's not 'offline'.
My SDK is fully up to date, and device is not 'offline', it shows normally under abd when polled 'adb devices'. I can access basic ADB commands just fine.
I accepted the security message when it prompted me (before even trying your script), it's something different, I believe.

Hangs on the daemon started line of your script.

Nevermind, looks like I got it to work.
Went through it line by line to see where it was having issues, and it completed all the way through. There were a few errors reported in the main shell run, but I have supersu and successfully granted su to terminal.
I think the problem was because it failed on the previous run, the tmp folder already existed, and it was trying to recreate it and not reporting an error/exception (?)
I skipped down and ran it line by line starting with pushing the files and no problem.

Thanks!

Last edited:

gazhead

Aug 18, 2012
Man you are such a donation addict plz stop posting in EVERY damn device forum you do not own. Geez

Reactions: akkiannu

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Man you are such a donation addict plz stop posting in EVERY damn device forum you do not own. Geez

dude its not about donations... this exploit is VERY specific to kernel, software version & device... it has to be manually ported to each new kernel, new software version, and new device..

the point of having different threads is to isolate device specific issues (if any) and avoid confusion...

Nice!! DooMLoRD is here!!! :D I haven't seen you since my x10 days man! Do you own an N4, or just providing some dev for us?

I'm glad to see you around these parts regardless. I really respect your work!!

Be nice!! DooMLoRD isn't just a name...he is an xperia GOD!! lol IIRC, he (?) was one of the lead devs in unlocking the xperia 2010 and 2011 bootloaders when sony gave us all who didn't buy sim unlocked versions the middle finger when we asked to have our bootloaders unlocked along with those who did buy their devices sim unlocked. You can turn your nose up at that feat all you want, too, because I remember reading all the posts in the dev thread about how good of a job sony did at locking that sucker down, too....that was NOT exactly an easy nut to crack, to say the least!

no i dont have the N4... i created this for one of my friends, so thought of sharing it in this device forum....

Last edited:
Reactions: hp420

ste71m

Sep 3, 2010
I was hanging too waiting for device
I had to use adb.exe installed for eclipse development and everything went fine

Great work doomlord and..nice to find you here i just switched from xperia P to nexus 4 and i feel at home

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts