N64oid!

Search This thread

ermacwins

Aug 25, 2009
I use it on my samsung epic 4g and every game I play runs at full speed or very close to full speed. And yes the hi res textures do work cause I play zelda oot on mine with hi res textures enabled. It does take a little bit to load and sometimes it says it stoped working but choose to wait and it always starts up for me

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

Ok please can you post your file structure of the texture files ie how did you extract sub folders etc as I'm struggling here.

gilroy222

Mar 13, 2012
London, ON
Found this thread from google

Hi,

I have been using the n64 emulator on my GS2. Had saves for Zelda and super mario. I transferred the games to my external Sd but was able to get my saves back. After I flashed to RR jelly bean rom I lost my saves and can't find any way to get them back even when in mass storage mode?

ermacwins

Aug 25, 2009
Hi,

I have been using the n64 emulator on my GS2. Had saves for Zelda and super mario. I transferred the games to my external Sd but was able to get my saves back. After I flashed to RR jelly bean rom I lost my saves and can't find any way to get them back even when in mass storage mode?

download a file explorer that shows hidden files. Check .n64oid in the root of your storage

Skullmonkey

Jul 31, 2010
Make sure that hidden files are set to show in your file explorers settings. If it's still not there, then start a game and do a quick save (though the menu, not the game). It should show up then.

Sent from my Transformer Infinity!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1344361287895.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1344361287895.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 256

gilroy222

Mar 13, 2012
London, ON
Make sure that hidden files are set to show in your file explorers settings. If it's still not there, then start a game and do a quick save (though the menu, not the game). It should show up then.

They are showing. The weird thing is the saves are old ones it seems and not my most recent yet that's exactly where my most recent ones were

Skullmonkey

Jul 31, 2010
Don't know what to say about that one. My saves transferred from my Prime to Infinity without any loss.

Crussader87

Feb 17, 2011

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a great Nintendo 64 emulator now available on the market!

Here's the link:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.androidemu.n64

For me, using an Xperia X10 and Advent Vega (Tegra 2) Banjo-Kazooie runs smoothly.

But Super Mario 64 runs too fast! I asked yongzh (the developer) to add a framelimiter, so hopefully it'll be implemented soon.

I'm amazed at this, especially after looking at how hard development of alternative N64 emulators has been.

E.g. http://forums.ngemu.com/misc-n64-discussion/139653-porting-mupen64plus-android.html
    is there a way to contact the developer?
    maybe he can answer our questions

Ive sent him an email (his email address is in the market)

EDIT: He´s answered my mail and said that it would be possible to make it compatible on ARMv6 devices but he doesn´t wanna do it because he has tested it on his htc legend and said that it was very choppy and he doesn´t wanna get bad ratings in the market because of ppl who expect the emu to run at fullspeed on devices with insufficent hardware. So I guess we´re out of luck.

Sent from my HTC Legend
    So 2.0 seems to be a decent upgrade. I can tell Killer Instinct runs better without the hiccups (almost none but music still breaks up often specially during the player bios but rarely during the actual game so no biggie) and XG2 works better too.
    There are still glitches and not on the same level as FPSE for example but I like it better now and in my Captivate the games are running superb with no FPS skip selected.

If someone wants some game or thing tested, let me know.
    Regards
    Can someone test to see if Toy Story 2 works on the new version? Also, I am curious if we will ever get multiplayer for Goldeneye.
    For toy story 2, here is a trick CrualFoxHound gave at Fpse forum, don't know if it works, I haven't tested myself:
    its a trick to get the graphics correct.
    load default gfx core,run the game till it start the level
    do a savestate then exit and load the gles2n64 gfx core
    and its fixed...

As for the emu Schtruck was talking about, it was supposed to be an old gen. console, not N64 or above. Don't know if he stopped working on it for the moment to concentrate on Fpse
    NEW UPDATE v2.0.3

fixes some bugs in Zelda OOT

This fix may also help for some other games (example: live bars in Mortal Kombat)

This is what I was waiting for! WOOHOOOOOO!!!! :)