[N7 2013 WiFi | N7 2013 LTE] CF-Auto-Root

Search This thread

grieflar

Aug 10, 2010
No root, no SuperSu installed and broke Google Play. On 4.4.2 stock.

All looked good with red android and so on :(

Last edited:
Reactions: MHBGT

Godswrath

Dec 30, 2011
When I boot the Nexus into bootloader mode and run root-windows.bat and press a key to continue, nothing happens. It just keeps saying "waiting for device". This is on 4.4.2 with the Google USB driver installed from Android SDK manager.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Gods

Reactions: ndwgs

2kfire

Apr 28, 2008
Worked perfectly, thanks!

I was able to stay on stock ROM/recovery, running 4.4.2 KOT49H, now rooted so I can use StickMount :)

2kfire

Apr 28, 2008
KOT49H... Is that preloaded? Mine came stock 4.4.

Or is that OTA?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

I updated OTA to 4.4.2.
Mine came with 4.3, I got it earlier this month (Dec). I waited a few days before updating to 4.4.2 to make sure all the 4.4 and 4.4.1 bugs were flushed out!

levicius

Dec 20, 2013
Am I on 4.4.2, can someone confirm if auto root works or I have to go back to stock 4.3 ? The device will be rooted for the first time .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

erikieperikie

Dec 7, 2011
Apeldoorn
Am I on 4.4.2, can someone confirm if auto root works or I have to go back to stock 4.3 ? The device will be rooted for the first time .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I just rooted mine for the first time. I'm on 4.4.2, latest everything. Auto-root works perfectly. Like stated in the first post, the OEM unlock will erase the device. Thanks for this easy method, Chainfire.

Remember to update SuperSU (from Play Store) after the Auto-root!

Now looking for a nice close-to-stock ROM. Maybe I'll stick with stock (but probably not).

Archer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Jul 9, 2008
Manchester
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Thanks @Chainfire. As always, you the man!

Just got one of these beauties, courtesy of my boss, and will start developing on it later this week. The first thing I needed was root, so have a beer or two on me ;)

ZaForD

Jul 17, 2006
Hi,
My WiFi Nexus 7 just updated to 4.4.3 and I lost ROOT.
Will the file in the first post work with 4.4.3? or is there an update coming?

Thanks. :)

Reactions: rhoge and migatxu

fivemill

Jan 5, 2014
Just used CF-Auto-Root on a Nexus 7 2013 that had the latest OTA update (5.1.1) on it. Used the "flo/razor" download from the CF-Auto-Root site, though that was based on Android 5.0. But it all worked fine.

Got stuck at the moving circles logo during boot the first time after root, but a power off and restart fixed it.

KrazyKong

Nov 8, 2010
Chainfire, does the current CF-Auto-Root for the Nexus 7 (2013) razor/flo work with Android 4.4.4? I see it's listed as working for Android 5.0 but was hoping it was backwards compatible?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CF-Root is the root for "rooting beginners" and those who want to keep as close to stock as possible. CF-Root is meant to be used in combination with stock firmwares, and be the quickest and easiest way for your first root.

Donate
    CF-Root has been available for many devices and has clocked over 16 million downloads. This is not even counting custom ROMs that already include it. Don't be a leech, buy me a beer (and use the "Thanks" button!). Imagine if every CF-Root user has donated me $1...

What's installed
    - SuperSU binary and APK
    - Nothing else, that's it.

Installation and usage

- Download the ZIP file (see post below for link)
    - Extract the ZIP file
    - Boot your device in bootloader/fastboot mode. Usually this can be done by turning your device off, then holding VolDown+Power to turn it on.
    - Connect your device to your computer using USB

- Windows:
    --- Run root-windows.bat

- Linux
    --- chmod +x root-linux.sh
    --- Run root-linux.sh

- Mac OS X
    --- chmod +x root-mac.sh
    --- Run root-mac.sh

- Follow the on-screen instructions - watch both the computer and the device !

Note that if your device had not been unlocked before, this procedure will wipe all your data !

Are you having fastboot driver issues? You can find fastboot drivers in many places, but the easiest way is probably just installing the Android SDK.

Did you see the red Android logo during rooting, but SuperSU does not appear? This may sometimes occur due to left-over files and settings, however, you can usually install SuperSU from Google Play at this stage and it'll just work.

Not included - adbd Insecure
    As this CF-Root does not include a custom kernel, adb shell does not have root access by default (you can still get it by typing su inside the shell), nor is adb remount supported, nor will adb push and adb pull work on system files. adbd Insecure can be used to remedy this situation. (No idea what this is about ? Don't worry about it !)

CF-Auto-Root homepage
    http://autoroot.chainfire.eu/

CF-Auto-Root main thread
    [CENTRAL] CF-Auto-Root
    For requests for new roots and generic discussion - please keep device specific discussion in the thread you are viewing now.
    - Boot your device in bootloader/fastboot mode. Usually this can be done by turning your device off, then holding VolUp+VolDown+Power to turn it on.
    - Connect your device to your computer using USB

For Flo, bootloader is volume down and power.
    Hi,
    My WiFi Nexus 7 just updated to 4.4.3 and I lost ROOT.
    Will the file in the first post work with 4.4.3? or is there an update coming?

Thanks. :)
    doesn't seem to work with android 6.0 ... hanging on boot forever ...

Chainfire has boot images for marshmallow. Check out the beta supersu thread.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk