N7 2nd gen -- controllers?

Search This thread

arich

May 16, 2010
Just picked up my MogaPro from GameStop this morning and I'm loving it. Spent waaaay too much time playing Star Wars: Racer instead of working lol. Comes with a great little fold-up stand I can stick my Flo on when I'm playing, then my save states sync with dropbox so I can pick up on my HTC One where I left off and keep rocking!

Reactions: S2005x

xnifex

Jul 4, 2006
Phoenix
Just picked up my MogaPro from GameStop this morning and I'm loving it. Spent waaaay too much time playing Star Wars: Racer instead of working lol. Comes with a great little fold-up stand I can stick my Flo on when I'm playing, then my save states sync with dropbox so I can pick up on my HTC One where I left off and keep rocking!

which emulator are you running for n64?

S2005x

Sep 19, 2011
Daphne
I may go buy one today or tomorrow... (A Moga Pro)

But i do have a couple more questions about it.

One, How does it connect to the phone or tablet? Bluetooth?

Two, I see it has a neat holder for an android phone, does it fit universally, I have a N4 with bumper on it.

Three, Obviously that universal holder for the phone won't fit a Nexus 7... what does it do for tablets?

IAmReflex

Jul 21, 2012
Fort Stewart

Two, I see it has a neat holder for an android phone, does it fit universally, I have a N4 with bumper on it.

Three, Obviously that universal holder for the phone won't fit a Nexus 7... what does it do for tablets?

It comes with a nice holder for your nexus 7, and the mount on the controller will fit your nexus 4.

The controller uses Bluetooth.

I own one so here a pic. Ps3 will work just as good so either or will work.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1376252387790.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376252387790.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Reactions: boykomac and S2005x

boykomac

Dec 2, 2010
Guys,

As its hard to purchase the Moga Pro here (eastern europe) I'm considering buying a PS3 controller. Can the PS3 controller work wirelessly (bluetooth) like the Moga Pro, or is it only USB/cable?

Thanks!
B

zaclimon

Recognized Contributor
Aug 14, 2011
Montréal
Guys,

As its hard to purchase the Moga Pro here (eastern europe) I'm considering buying a PS3 controller. Can the PS3 controller work wirelessly (bluetooth) like the Moga Pro, or is it only USB/cable?

Thanks!
B

It can work wirelessly, just be sure to have root and the sixaxis app. Also it seems that you can't pair natively the controller with the app so you will need to replace the bluetooth address with your computer while waiting for an update.

Envoyé depuis mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk 4

Reactions: boykomac

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread got moved to the N7.2 forum, but never got any replies... anyone know if the new N7.2 can hook up to controllers?

Preferably a RAZR Onza?

Mine works with the PS3 controller through the sixaxis app. I don't have a wii so don't know about those.

edit -- I'm rooted too btw. I think you need to be for the sixaxis app to work anyway
    edit 2 -- I just tried hooking up my wired xbox 360 controller with my OTG cable and it is picked right up automatically without any other software
    I would recommend a PS3 controller. It has been the best controller I've ever used on Android. I have been through them all. I have a Moga Original, and its great for on the go but lacks a D-Pad. I have an Ouya controller, but it's clunky D-Pad is similar to the 360's. WiiMotes (which don't work currently) are great but lacks the button count to play anything other then NES emulators. The Moga, Ouya, 360, WiiMote, and PS3 all have good battery life. Other controllers typically suck the juice and have bad button feedback or otherwise cheaply made. Don't waste your money on anything other then the above noted.

The PS3 has a great DPad and quality. Batteries last a long time, buttons feel great, response time is flawless, connects directly to the Tablet (no dongle like 360).

The Moga is iffy. Seems to be effected with delayed response when using the Moga Pairing app, which is required for the second analog support and for launching games so they pick up on the controls. Controls aren't bad but if you play something like Mario or Sonic, you'll feel the controls are slightly "off". Still a great controller for on-the-go. I haven't tried the Moga on the new N7 yet, they may have fixed this lag.

The PS3 controller is also probably one of the cheaper controllers you can find. I picked up a White PS3 DualShock from Gamestop for $29 new. The PS3 also has the greatest amount of support. It plays reliably across all of my devices, where the others are hit and miss.

The app required is the SixAxis Pairing app from the Play Store. Some custom roms build in this driver and the controller can connect natively, but for the most part, you would use the app. Benefits of the app also include the ability to map buttons to touchscreen overlay controls for games that do not support gamepads.

It comes with a nice holder for your nexus 7, and the mount on the controller will fit your nexus 4.

The controller uses Bluetooth.

I own one so here a pic. Ps3 will work just as good so either or will work.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
    Good to know, thank you for that info :D

I'm rooted, and currently downloading a ROM with GApps for it. I don't own a PS3 controller though... maybe I can find a friend that will let me borrow his to test it out...

read this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2381953
    Guys,

Thanks!
    B

It can work wirelessly, just be sure to have root and the sixaxis app. Also it seems that you can't pair natively the controller with the app so you will need to replace the bluetooth address with your computer while waiting for an update.

Envoyé depuis mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk 4
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone