N7 In India

Search This thread

rajhot

Sep 25, 2011
Atlanta
i want to buy a case for my N7 but have difficulty finding it... the only one i have found is on bhavtav.com but am neither sure about the site nor the case itself. so if someone bought it from there can you tell me about the site service and the case. Is there any other place where i can buy accessories(except ebay)??

i bought the 360degree case & screenguard from them they are good. Don't remember the exact time but i think they delivered it within 3-4 days

Reactions: jakelong00

dushyant25

Feb 4, 2013
Meerut
Bhavtav.com

i want to buy a case for my N7 but have difficulty finding it... the only one i have found is on bhavtav.com but am neither sure about the site nor the case itself. so if someone bought it from there can you tell me about the site service and the case. Is there any other place where i can buy accessories(except ebay)??
I have two nexus 7 3G, 32 GB, bought from USA for just 18.5 k each (few friends happened to be there at the right time). I purchased 360 degree case from Bhavtav.com. It was ok, but the smart, auto wake and sleep function did not work. However, for other nexus I ordered simple flip cover and its smart sleep function worked. The site owner is quite responsive. N7 with these leather cases give the look of a diary. In India, from security and dust protection point of view, I think having such protection is necessary.
PS: One N7 got stuck in boot loop, mainly stuck at X logo. Tried everything, but no luck. Given to Asus service centre in Nehru Place, Modi Tower, 107A and they are saying mother board will be replaced, which may take 6 to thirty days depending upon whether it is available in Mumbai or not. Phew! Feeling so dull without it.
:crying:

Sandheep

Sep 27, 2010

My experience with them has been good. Fast and cost effective service. I can not guarantee the quality of the product as that depends on what you want to pick up. I can however tell you that I am very satisfied with the products that I purchased.

opskode

Jan 21, 2013
yoomee cases?

Newbie here. Just got my Nexus 7 16G, 20 days back.

I've been looking around for alternatives for the Official Google N7 travel cover (no magnet).

The YooMee Nexus 7 smart case/cover seems to be well-liked by people like me. (read the reviews and decide)
You can find it listed on Amazon.com and ebay.in by the usual import/sellers.

Edit: since new users are not allowed to post links, just search for 'yoomee nexus 7' on amazon [dot] com and ebay [dot] in

I'm 99% sure I'll order it today from ebay. The price seems reasonable if it is everything the buyer reviews say it is.

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

Cheap useful accessories for Nexus 7 from ebay.in

USB OTG Host (works perfectly with pendrive i was suprised that i was able to use my Seagate 500GB HDD on the go :D , Must have)
[cost 199* Rs. 20 Shipping outside mumbai]{Shipped before i got mail that item is shipped (in 24hrs)}
http www ebay.in/ itm/ 380529147255
Hello Maxxxxxxxxxx , (or anyone else who purchased from this listing)
Was the USB OTG adaptor you received identical to the one pictured in this listing?
i.e right-angled connector - (which is what i want).

Last edited:

dushyant25

Feb 4, 2013
Meerut
Asus sucks

Still waiting for my Nexus 7 3G. Asus service centre offered me some money, I refused and asked for a new device. They are lingering on the matter and I desperately need it. What to do? Anyone having similar experience?

nishthecooldude

Jul 11, 2012
New Delhi
Got extra transparent x line silicone ....am using one got one extra ...so if any1 from Delhi/NCR wants I can deal....lemme know /pm me...only delhi/NCR buyers pls

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

kerneldev

Jan 28, 2013
Mumbai
Google has released a Hindi Inputapp for Android phones that supports transliteration.
Seems like Google is supporting India ..
Maybe can launch coming nexus in India too( my thought). let's hope

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

#define

May 1, 2012
Google Books Finally supports India :)
Check out Play Store

Google has released a Hindi Inputapp for Android phones that supports transliteration.
Seems like Google is supporting India ..
Maybe can launch coming nexus in India too( my thought). let's hope

Google must hv seen how many of their nexus line devices have come to india, and decided to officially support us...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

itsirfandude

Oct 2, 2012
Coimbatore
Nexus 7
Google Pixel 2
hello there fellas:) i got n7 3g from usa 45days ago
Its really gr8
But i really find it hard to get a good case for it
If i find something good its damn costly around 2k :(
I want a decent cool case
I also don av a screen guard either
Should i put screen protector as leave it as such as of now
Wud you recommend some

nishthecooldude

Jul 11, 2012
New Delhi
hello there fellas:) i got n7 3g from usa 45days ago
Its really gr8
But i really find it hard to get a good case for it
If i find something good its damn costly around 2k :(
I want a decent cool case
I also don av a screen guard either
Should i put screen protector as leave it as such as of now
Wud you recommend some

Search on ebay Nexus 7 360 case...
There is a seller from kerela/Karnataka selling black case for 798...I think it must be good as similar case is very popular in iPad and am using on iPad....so am also thinking of getting d same for my nexus 7

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

tjs_spl

Feb 13, 2013
Hey has anyone bought the Nexus 7 32GB 3G model and used PPO BOX to ship it to india.

If anyone has can you tell me the duty and shipping cost for it.

Also, which one works better in india
AT&T or TMoblie
or both are the same

Sorry if someone already has asked this question.
Just curious

Thanks.

admin856

Jun 22, 2009
Hey has anyone bought the Nexus 7 32GB 3G model and used PPO BOX to ship it to india.

If anyone has can you tell me the duty and shipping cost for it.

Also, which one works better in india
AT&T or TMoblie
or both are the same

Sorry if someone already has asked this question.
Just curious

Thanks.

Have used comgateway in the past. They have address in Portland which is tax free. The max duty is around 3k and sometimes customs might charge lower.

Regarding carieer you can't use any of US carriers sim provided with tablet and have to use indian sim. Also tablet is unlocked so you can use any sim.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

tjs_spl

Feb 13, 2013
Have used comgateway in the past. They have address in Portland which is tax free. The max duty is around 3k and sometimes customs might charge lower.

Regarding carieer you can't use any of US carriers sim provided with tablet and have to use indian sim. Also tablet is unlocked so you can use any sim.

Thanks for the rply dude.

I am gonna use an Indian Sim in it :laugh:

My question was
As there are two version AT&T and T-Mobile
Which of the one is better suited for indian networks.

But as they are unlocked maybe that dosent matter.

Thanks for clearing that up
Cheers:good:

XxNiKxX

Sep 11, 2011
nisarg.me
Nexus 7 with a cracked screen

So I bought my N7 from tradus in November for Rs.16030. Day before yesterday it slipped from my hands and the screen cracked and it's not usable anymore. I backed up everything and flashed stock firmware and kernel and also locked the bootloader through adb. Now I'm planning to take it to Asus Service Center in my city and hope they accept it and repair it..

Anybody had any experience repairing an imported Nexus 7 in India or any country where it isn't available through Asus? Also any idea about price for screen repair?

I read on the internet that Asus did release Nexus 7 in India for 20k so I guess they should fix it, wish me luck!

admin856

Jun 22, 2009
Anyways they are not going to repair under warranty so even if it were flashed they shouldn't have problem. But I guess they are gonna charge a bomb for this.

Did you try Ebay or local repair shops?
Get a quote at least.

XxNiKxX

Sep 11, 2011
nisarg.me
Anyways they are not going to repair under warranty so even if it were flashed they shouldn't have problem. But I guess they are gonna charge a bomb for this.

Did you try Ebay or local repair shops?
Get a quote at least.

Ebay doesn't have a Nexus 7 under 19k even, let alone its parts! And local repair shops won't even know about this tablet! And according to Google getting a replacement screen individually is very hard and expensive, even in the US. So my best bet will be Asus,I'm guessing they will charge over 5-6k for this if they are ready to fix it :crying:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    $25 credit in india

Here is what worked for me for $25 credit.
    No factory reset required. If you have already setup one, then you will need to add another gmail account and its only in this account that you will get the $25 credit. You will also need to enter your credit card details. Indian Virtual Verified By Visa card worked just fine for me.

1.Go to settings.Under Wireless and Networks click more.
    2.Click on VPN, Add VPN. Now if already not set, then Nexus 7 will ask you to define security (Pattern,Password,PIN), Define whatever you want.
    3.Click again Add VPN, and enter this definitions:
    Name: SuperFreeVPN
    Server address: superfreevpn.com
    and click save.
    4.Now click on SuperFreeVPN,for username enter:free, and for password go to website superfreevpn.com and look for VPN Password which changes everyday.
    5.Click Connect. If connected successfully you will see key icon in notifications.
    6.Go to Settings, under Accounts click Add Account and choose Google. Enter a new gmail username and password, if everything is OK you will get to screen that will ask you to enter credit card to Google wallet to receive 25$ credit.
    7.While you using VPN you can download Google Books, Google Magazines, Google Movies.

While not using VPN, Books, Magazines and Movies apps disappeared but $25 was still there and app purchased with this credit remain even without VPN and for other accounts as well. This is what mattered to me most, I am not bothered about Bourne book and Transformer movies. Make sure you switch the proper account in Play Store before initiating any app/game purchase.
    How much did u pay adding them altogether ?
    If i select the UPS service $(249+60) should i have to pay for customs separately ?

I did not want any surprises so I bought it from Adorma and had it shipped through Borderlinx.com

That way I don't have to pay any additional customs and I can get freight insurance and express shipping. They are the most reasonable freight forwarders I have found yet. And they are very prompt. I ended up paying a little more in shipping than $60 paid $79 but that includes duty and shipping insurance.

I think you will be fine if you just pay the $60 and have it sent to you. From what I understand the duty is about $10. Just keep some cash @ home just in case they ask for it during time of delivery @ your door.

---------- Post added at 06:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 AM ----------

I did not want any surprises so I bought it from Adorma and had it shipped through Borderlinx.com

That way I don't have to pay any additional customs and I can get freight insurance and express shipping. They are the most reasonable freight forwarders I have found yet. And they are very prompt. I ended up paying a little more in shipping than $60 paid $79 but that includes duty and shipping insurance.

I think you will be fine if you just pay the $60 and have it sent to you. From what I understand the duty is about $10. Just keep some cash @ home just in case they ask for it during time of delivery @ your door.
    I can send you my shipping invoice from Borderlix to give you a break up of the charges. Its $15 in duty. Send me a PM if you want it.
    I did not Get an OTA prompt....so i downloaded the OTA Zip...Works Great.
    Heh really?
    Can you gimme the service center number of Hyderabad
    I completely searched Asus site but couldn't get single service center address

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda premium

+1.. My nexus 7 has also screen lift on left side...I am too from Hyderabad. Please let me know about the service centre..

heres the toll free no. for ASUS 1800-209-0365 and the local service center number is 040-30469330.

flat No:101,102, Ground floor, kala mansion, opp IBP petrol bunk, beside karan hotel SD Road, secunderabad - 500003

i gave in my unit yesterday and they said they will be replacing the screen and giving it back by monday. Though all of their technicians were clueless, so i guess it may take more time than they said it will.
    YES you can..

Can i use tata photon+ or any other dongle with N7 via USB OTG cable?

yes you can.. get an OTG cable on ebay.. download the app named "PPP" from the google store and follow instructions #777 then user name and password etc.. hit connect.. bam..you will get it to work..
    working fine on Reliance Netconnect plus

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

Yes my HDD has a single cable with a micro USB port that goes into hard drive and a USB port that goes into computer.Can i use such a hard drive ? or i need something extra ?

buddy, nexus 7 cannot power a usb hard drive.. so if your hard disk has power input port.. go hook it to external power and then connect.. and your nexus 7 will definitely read it..
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone