[n710x/T889][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch - NEW JB 4.2 migration support

Search This thread

zscomp

Oct 26, 2011
NIKAIA
Probably a kernel issue with some sdcards on N71xx family
A few are affected, have no big idea why

This is also happening to friend of mine with 4.3 stock deodexed rom.
The card is fat32.
When i meet him again i ll switch my card with his to check, as my exfat card doesnt have any issue.

Phil3759

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2012
This is also happening to friend of mine with 4.3 stock deodexed rom.
The card is fat32.
When i meet him again i ll switch my card with his to check, as my exfat card doesnt have any issue.

Interesting
A dev sent me a few time ago an issue about some phones messing up with external storage
Basically, it gets mapped to /dev/block/mmcblk1 and not mmcblk1p1

Now, if you can try his card on your phone, it will be of great help
That way, if his card can be mounted in your phone under recovery, than, definitely, something related to bootloader/device or some partitioning ****ed up by crappy roms

Let me know if you can try it

Devinda

Oct 17, 2012
So now i'm on stock 4.3 rom and i rooted using CF auto root and removed knox using aroma and installed pheliz 5.15 also? and everytime i flash something and click reboot , it says that i have a problem with root and ask me if i want to fix it or No, i always select no and i haven't faced any problems with the root or recovery and my question is.. what would happen if i click YES when it ask me to fix the root? i don't want to loose my root, and i'm planning to flash Pheonix rom soon.

thanks in advance

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
So now i'm on stock 4.3 rom and i rooted using CF auto root and removed knox using aroma and installed pheliz 5.15 also? and everytime i flash something and click reboot , it says that i have a problem with root and ask me if i want to fix it or No, i always select no and i haven't faced any problems with the root or recovery and my question is.. what would happen if i click YES when it ask me to fix the root? i don't want to loose my root, and i'm planning to flash Pheonix rom soon.

thanks in advance

Update recovery or disable the check in settings (but maybe a newer version is needed if you miss the setting!)

Reactions: Devinda

andrew.mackew

Mar 25, 2011
@Phil3759 is there any chance for us (t0lte) to have your latest recovery? I saw you already released a new version. I am looking forward to have your latest improvements. :angel: Thank you very much. :good:

yogesh324

Jul 29, 2010
Pune
@Phil3759
can pls add f2fs support to ur new build whenever possible
Thank u....

also 1 more thing I have to report is that aroma installer are not working with ur latest release
e.g when I run aroma file manager using ur latest recovery phone freezes and I have force restart it.... I was runnin 1.91 version of aromafm whuch works perfectly with ur 5.15 version

thanx once again

Last edited:

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
@Phil3759
can pls add f2fs support to ur new build whenever possible
Thank u....

also 1 more thing I have to report is that aroma installer are not working with ur latest release
e.g when I run aroma file manager using ur latest recovery phone freezes and I have force restart it.... I was runnin 1.91 version of aromafm whuch works perfectly with ur 5.15 version

thanx once again

I released the libtouch
Now devil kernel dev can freely modify it and add f2fs

Aroma author should update for kitkat and new graphics overlays probably

toughmenot

Nov 9, 2011
Recovery (.zip) packages instructions
They come in the form of .zip files that can be flashed in cwm recovery
  • Download philz_touch_xxx.zip file
  • Put the previously downloaded philz_touch_xxx.zip file on your sd card
  • Boot into recovery (volume up+home+power)
  • Select "Install zip" and browser to your downloaded zip file.
  • Now select the philz_touch_xxx.zip fileyou copied in previous step
  • You will have PhilZ Touch Recovery flashed

Odin packages instructions
They come in the form of .tar.md5 file
  • boot into download mode
  • start odin3 and configure it as in picture below
  • connect phone in download mode to PC via USB
  • press start to flash the tar.md5 package
  • normally, phone should auto-reboot into recovery.
    If it reboots into android and your recovery remains stock, repeat above steps and untick "autoreboot" in odin. Once flash is done, keep pressing power button until it reboots (normally will go to recovery)
  • when in recovery, if you choose option "reboot system now" and you get "yes - disable flash recovery", select that option to avoid stock recovery overwriting cwm

image272j.png

<< Root your phone and reset Yellow Triangle >>
  • Once in recovery, flash the attached Root_SuperSU.x.xx.Only-signed.zip file to root your phone
  • If you want root + busybox: flash Root_SuperSU.x.xx-Busybox.1.20.2-signed.zip file
  • to remove yellow triangle, use TriangleAway

Download links
Last version can be found here:

Older version:

Failed..
Philz not loading via odin.
After flash is completed it directly boots into android and the recovery remains stock
Tried disabling auto reboot
Nothing changes
Please help
I run on stock android 4.3 unrooted
N7100
:crying::crying:

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Root its not a requirement to flash through odin

Not working pal. The recovery remains stock even after flash. What could be the reason.

mat9v

Apr 3, 2010
Gdynia
I released the libtouch
Now devil kernel dev can freely modify it and add f2fs

Aroma author should update for kitkat and new graphics overlays probably

I was wondering, in OP there is a link to main Philz thread for various phones. In the log in that thread there is a f2fs support added in V5 and there are mentions in V6 log of f2fs too. Does it mean that f2fs support was pulled in V6 or is it missing only in Note2 ?
Yes, I can use Devil recovery :)

silentvisitor

Mar 15, 2012
Failed..
Philz not loading via odin.
After flash is completed it directly boots into android and the recovery remains stock
Tried disabling auto reboot
Nothing changes
Please help
I run on stock android 4.3 unrooted
N7100
:crying::crying:

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Not working pal. The recovery remains stock even after flash. What could be the reason.
Possible solution :
1) UNTICK Auto reboot in ODIN
2) Flash PhilZ
3) Take out battery when ODIN says PASS
4) Boot into Recovery manually (Vol up + Home + Power)
5) Flash SuperSu (download it from Chainfire's thread and place it already on your SDCard)
6) Boot system
7) Through some Root Explorer delete file called "install-recovery.sh" from /system/etc (or you can do it through Aroma File Manager through Recovery itself)
8) Now test Recovery. PhilZ should stay ;)

Last I remember PhilZ recovery was automatically doing this (removing that file).

Good luck :good:

Reactions: toughmenot

andrew.mackew

Mar 25, 2011
Hi Phil3759.
May I kindly ask you to update t0lte recovery to the latest version?
I just noticed that in our recovery the version is 6.19.2 instead of 6.19.3 .. but anyway, a 6.19.6 would be great.
Thank you very much.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone