(n8000) Stuck at Samsung Logo, possible fix

Search This thread

stefan_usa

Apr 14, 2012
For how long?

Is it plugged in? If so, try it without it being plugged into anything, no charger, no PC, nothing.

Until the battery is empty. When i try to enter the recovery mode, like its trying to, and shows me a blank screen with backlight for a second or two, and then restarts again on boot screen. same when is plugged in and when is not.

Rolo42

Aug 4, 2012
Greensboro, NC
zobe1j2rbo6.ting.com
When i try to enter the recovery mode, like its trying to, and shows me a blank screen with backlight for a second or two, and then restarts again on boot screen. same when is plugged in and when is not.

So it is bootlooping rather than hanging on the logo when you try recovery and it hangs on the logo rather than bootlooping when you try to boot normally, yes?

stefan_usa

Apr 14, 2012
No,
I tried now to see exactly what happens, and when i try to enter recovery it goes in some state, like trying to enter recovery (shows blank screen with backlight on) and then turn it self down, and after that when i power it up it hangs on logo until battery is dead. I can't figure is it hardware or software issue. Also everything i try to install via Odin, passes with no errors. After system install is done it starts booting, and again logo until battery is dead. I even tried disconecting the battery for like an hour, and everything is the same.
Is there help for it or i have to throw it in trash? :D
So it is bootlooping rather than hanging on the logo when you try recovery and it hangs on the logo rather than bootlooping when you try to boot normally, yes?

Rolo42

Aug 4, 2012
Greensboro, NC
zobe1j2rbo6.ting.com
No,
I tried now to see exactly what happens, and when i try to enter recovery it goes in some state, like trying to enter recovery (shows blank screen with backlight on) and then turn it self down, and after that when i power it up it hangs on logo until battery is dead. I can't figure is it hardware or software issue. Also everything i try to install via Odin, passes with no errors. After system install is done it starts booting, and again logo until battery is dead. I even tried disconecting the battery for like an hour, and everything is the same.
Is there help for it or i have to throw it in trash? :D

If you're definitely flashing with ODIN correctly, then it could be bad flash memory. If you have an external SD card installed, remove it and try everything again.

What about flashing TWRP from ODIN and booting into recovery?

If that works, from TWRP, I would format system and data partitions and flash a custom ROM.

stefan_usa

Apr 14, 2012
If you're definitely flashing with ODIN correctly, then it could be bad flash memory. If you have an external SD card installed, remove it and try everything again.

What about flashing TWRP from ODIN and booting into recovery?

If that works, from TWRP, I would format system and data partitions and flash a custom ROM.

(twrp-2.8.6.0-gt-n8000) that is the file i've been using with odin. I don't have sd or sim card installed. How can be flash memory, when i was in the middle of the voice call when it turned of, and problem started? Or it just died in that moment, and that's it?
There is no other way to format everything? Only with Recovery mode? There is no any programme that can do the same thing?

Nov 9, 2014
plus.google.com
Firmware = official rom?

What you'll need
> Odin 3.xx, can get from samfirmware website
www .sammobile. com/firmwares/download/30977/N8000XXUDNE5_N8000OLBDNE3_XME/

> n8000 rom, can get from www .sammobile. com/ or development section. I prefer flashable rom in recovery such as android revolution HD, and place it in microsd.
> Philztouch CWM

Steps to do the recovery
1. Download odin and extract
2. Download drivers and install.
3. Run Odin, place the following files
- click the PIT button, select the note10.pit.
- click the CSC, and select the previously extracted efs.rar..it should be efs.tar now
- click on AP, for custom recovery, such as philz.. or official rom..up to you.
4. Tick the following menus in Odin
- Re-Partition (optional, some users said no need to tick this would do as well)
- Phone bootloader update
- Phone EFS clear
5. Place your n8000 in download mode, and connect via USB.
6. Click on START button.. and hopefully success.
7. Once finishes, reboot into recovery mode (those who flash rom via Odin can skip this), and install the rom zip file.

Everything should be fine now and your n8000 should able to start properly... that's how I managed to "resurrect" my n8000 tho... hope these helps... mine was n8000 16GB, 3G/Wifi version

Is the firmware from sammobile an official rom?(I am a noob :eek:, sorry) And if yes, can I flash custom recovery and the firmware with odin at once, or is a reboot necessary between them? Or can I flash the firmware from custom recovery like a custom rom?

Thanks

PS: I did search for that but I am not sure so I thought I better ask. I guess the firmware is an official rom but I am not convinced.

Nov 9, 2014
plus.google.com
Still stuck

Hi,

I am trying to revive my N8010 with this methed. I used the N8010 firmware and pit file. And the efs.tar from the first post. In the picture below are the options I checked.

Does anyone know where I made a misstake?
Thanks

Rizlan

Mar 18, 2017
hi friend..
i had follow all the above steps, but am having problem stuck at this ''NAND Write Start!! '' point. Can i know what is the reason getting stuck over there? Please help me friend
<ID:0/005> Added!!
<ID:0/005> Odin engine v(ID:3.1101)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/005> philz_touch_6.48.4-n8000.zip
<ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!

MachuMattchu

Apr 2, 2017

Can someone help me with this ? :confused:

<ID:0/027> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> N8000XXUDNE5_N8000OLBDNE3_N8000DXUDND1_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/027> Odin v.3 engine (ID:27)..
<ID:0/027> File analysis..
<ID:0/027> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/027> Initialzation..
<ID:0/027> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/027> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/027> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/027> boot.img
<ID:0/027> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/027> FAIL!
<ID:0/027>
<ID:0/027> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm having this problem past few days, tried all the links in the Q/A section, dev.. all links were dead.. and managed to found solutions for this problem.

Basically, the tab will stuck on "Samsung" logo and looping for eternity... tried to reflash the rom, wipe system and everything via odin.. will results the same thing...and I thought I'm gonna say good bye forever for my note 10.1 (n8000)...or send for repair (which samsung quoted me ~ $158 for the "board replacement"... but until I found how to get it alive... actually I've no idea what causing my n8000 stuck in the first place..

After a whole day "intensive" searching and everything.. almost all files links in xda were dead.. and finally I found out all the files and solutions..

What you'll need
    > Odin 3.xx, can get from samfirmware website
    http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/30977/N8000XXUDNE5_N8000OLBDNE3_XME/
    > Samsung drivers
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=961956
    > note 10.pit and efs (extract the efs.rar after download, yes it's i9300 but can be used)
    > n8000 rom, can get from http://www.sammobile.com/ or development section. I prefer flashable rom in recovery such as android revolution HD, and place it in microsd.
    > Philztouch CWM

(files as attached)

Steps to do the recovery
    1. Download odin and extract
    2. Download drivers and install.
    3. Run Odin, place the following files
    - click the PIT button, select the note10.pit.
    - click the CSC, and select the previously extracted efs.rar..it should be efs.tar now
    - click on AP, for custom recovery, such as philz.. or official rom..up to you.
    4. Tick the following menus in Odin
    - Re-Partition (optional, some users said no need to tick this would do as well)
    - Phone bootloader update
    - Phone EFS clear
    5. Place your n8000 in download mode, and connect via USB.
    6. Click on START button.. and hopefully success.
    7. Once finishes, reboot into recovery mode (those who flash rom via Odin can skip this), and install the rom zip file.

Everything should be fine now and your n8000 should able to start properly... that's how I managed to "resurrect" my n8000 tho... hope these helps... mine was n8000 16GB, 3G/Wifi version
    Hello, i have also this issue with the galaxy note 10.1 gt-n8020, its stucks on samsung logo and doesnt go any further...i dont have a custom firmware neither the tablet its rooted, i tried with odin having the original firmware but when i press start, after the msg "Start write to NAND" i get a FAIL and ends there. Even with the method mentioned here, still i get the FAIL msg...any Info on this on what might be the cause and maybe a possible fix?Can this be also hardware related malfunction?I cant go into recovery mode, only download mode works...
    Yes, that md5 was used.....

I've went completely by procedure described in first post, with exception of i9300_repair_efs change as mentioned. For that part, I've used latest Odin downloaded from Samsung web, and for bootloader, I've used Odin 3.05, just to be sure, since there is a button with "Bootloader" written on it :)
    Sorry but I didn't get it clear!!:confused:
    Did you use i9300_repair_efs.tar for AP and left CSC empty?
    Did you flash a stock rom or a recovery after that?
    Did you Ticked Re-Partition ,Phone bootloader update ,Phone EFS clear ,F.Reset Time or Auto Reboot?
    please provide the right steps you've used one by one.:(

Used i9300_repair_efs.tar for both CSC and AP, after that installed android revolution.
    Can't remember everything that was ticked, but was going step by step according to guide in the first post, with i9300_repair_efs.tar change.
    Sammobile is official.
    Flash firmware reboot then flash custom recovery .The flash custom rom.
    First back up your EFS .

Sent from my SM-N930F using XDA-Developers Legacy app