(n8000) Stuck at Samsung Logo, possible fix

Search This thread

gamesky

Mar 2, 2011
I'm having this problem past few days, tried all the links in the Q/A section, dev.. all links were dead.. and managed to found solutions for this problem.

Basically, the tab will stuck on "Samsung" logo and looping for eternity... tried to reflash the rom, wipe system and everything via odin.. will results the same thing...and I thought I'm gonna say good bye forever for my note 10.1 (n8000)...or send for repair (which samsung quoted me ~ $158 for the "board replacement"... but until I found how to get it alive... actually I've no idea what causing my n8000 stuck in the first place..

After a whole day "intensive" searching and everything.. almost all files links in xda were dead.. and finally I found out all the files and solutions..

What you'll need
> Odin 3.xx, can get from samfirmware website
http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/30977/N8000XXUDNE5_N8000OLBDNE3_XME/
> Samsung drivers
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=961956
> note 10.pit and efs (extract the efs.rar after download, yes it's i9300 but can be used)
> n8000 rom, can get from http://www.sammobile.com/ or development section. I prefer flashable rom in recovery such as android revolution HD, and place it in microsd.
> Philztouch CWM

(files as attached)

Steps to do the recovery
1. Download odin and extract
2. Download drivers and install.
3. Run Odin, place the following files
- click the PIT button, select the note10.pit.
- click the CSC, and select the previously extracted efs.rar..it should be efs.tar now
- click on AP, for custom recovery, such as philz.. or official rom..up to you.
4. Tick the following menus in Odin
- Re-Partition (optional, some users said no need to tick this would do as well)
- Phone bootloader update
- Phone EFS clear
5. Place your n8000 in download mode, and connect via USB.
6. Click on START button.. and hopefully success.
7. Once finishes, reboot into recovery mode (those who flash rom via Odin can skip this), and install the rom zip file.

Everything should be fine now and your n8000 should able to start properly... that's how I managed to "resurrect" my n8000 tho... hope these helps... mine was n8000 16GB, 3G/Wifi version

Attachments

• i9300_repair_efs.tar.rar
    44.2 KB · Views: 21,397
  • Note10_PIT.zip
    837 bytes · Views: 21,870
  • philz_touch_6.48.4-n8000.zip
    7.7 MB · Views: 26,692
Last edited:

gamesky

Mar 2, 2011
sorry for didnt notice the replies, not sure why my notifications were off.
will reupload again later this, since mega kinda blocked my account details :s

Catineskyi

Oct 31, 2015
Hi there!

I'm new to this and need help understanding what to install under Step 2, which is downloading and installing of Samsung drivers.

I have already unzipped the Samsung driver file but I don't seem to see any installation files. Do I have to plug in my Note to get to this? Or are they installed onto the computer first?

Many thanks, as this could potentially save my Note and save me $500... :fingers-crossed:

shaikhmdjohar

Apr 14, 2014
boootloop problem

tried all this ,but still my n8000 did not flash through odin properly but failed with error
'Repartition operation failed'

Last edited:

ipoddude95

Mar 22, 2011
After running odin it says "reset" then the tablet returns to the "Galaxy note 10.1" logo and cycles going black then showing the logo.

When I hold down the power button it shuts off and turns back on again. So no luck for booting into recovery.

Im 99% i'm doing all the steps right.

Thank for your help.

Goshgar

Oct 6, 2008
Amsterdam
ipoddude95, I have same problem. I tried different computers, different cable, different versions of odin to flash different versions of stock roms. but no success so far...

wilow

Mar 13, 2014
Similar problem

Hi,
I've got similar problem and I check couple of methods to solve this, unfortunately none was successful.

I tried method described in this thread, but was not successful.

I have old version of TWRP recovery (2.5.0.0). I can load recover but whatever I try to do - clear cache, format data, install recovery using dd it finish with error.

I tried installing new recovery twrp and philz using odin, using heimdall, everything seems to be ok, but when I try to load recovery I've got couple of restarts and then old TWRP loads. I've tried stock firmware, custom, with repartition and without.

I'm guessing that in my case it could be some kind of physical problem with memory.

What I can check more or what to try? How can I determine whether problem may be physical with rom memory?

gamesky

Mar 2, 2011
After running odin it says "reset" then the tablet returns to the "Galaxy note 10.1" logo and cycles going black then showing the logo.

When I hold down the power button it shuts off and turns back on again. So no luck for booting into recovery.

Im 99% i'm doing all the steps right.

Thank for your help.
try go to download mode, and reflash recovery

RaidenMGR

Mar 20, 2013
Hello, i have also this issue with the galaxy note 10.1 gt-n8020, its stucks on samsung logo and doesnt go any further...i dont have a custom firmware neither the tablet its rooted, i tried with odin having the original firmware but when i press start, after the msg "Start write to NAND" i get a FAIL and ends there. Even with the method mentioned here, still i get the FAIL msg...any Info on this on what might be the cause and maybe a possible fix?Can this be also hardware related malfunction?I cant go into recovery mode, only download mode works...

Reactions: farhaanwireless
Nov 9, 2013
durban
www.metroconnect.co.za
Thank you for the help, my Samsung note 10.1 note went on boot loop about a year ago , i tried so many different ways to flash it and nothing worked. finally got it working with your help.
only problem i encountered was wen i click on (AP, for custom recovery, such as philz.. or official rom..up to you.) it didnt allow me to put the downloaded file in so i used (i9300_repair_efs.tar)
and it worked..

THANK YOU

Agyar

Jul 26, 2006
You Sir are a pinnacle of evolution! Stumbled on this thread by error while going trough history links in my browser and all of a sudden my brick turned to Galaxy Note 10.1!

Only note, I've used i9300_repair_efs.tar for AP like farhaanwireless suggested and device is restoring as I type this :)

Thanks a ton once more ;)

alexs784

May 30, 2014
You Sir are a pinnacle of evolution! Stumbled on this thread by error while going trough history links in my browser and all of a sudden my brick turned to Galaxy Note 10.1!

Only note, I've used i9300_repair_efs.tar for AP like farhaanwireless suggested and device is restoring as I type this :)

Thanks a ton once more ;)

Can you tell us exact steps you did? Because I am trying without success :\
Also another thing: the i9300_repair_efs.tar it's a rar and when extracted I get a directory with a .md5 file... Is that file that are you using?

Last edited:

Agyar

Jul 26, 2006
Yes, that md5 was used.....

I've went completely by procedure described in first post, with exception of i9300_repair_efs change as mentioned. For that part, I've used latest Odin downloaded from Samsung web, and for bootloader, I've used Odin 3.05, just to be sure, since there is a button with "Bootloader" written on it :)

Reactions: alexs784

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm having this problem past few days, tried all the links in the Q/A section, dev.. all links were dead.. and managed to found solutions for this problem.

Basically, the tab will stuck on "Samsung" logo and looping for eternity... tried to reflash the rom, wipe system and everything via odin.. will results the same thing...and I thought I'm gonna say good bye forever for my note 10.1 (n8000)...or send for repair (which samsung quoted me ~ $158 for the "board replacement"... but until I found how to get it alive... actually I've no idea what causing my n8000 stuck in the first place..

After a whole day "intensive" searching and everything.. almost all files links in xda were dead.. and finally I found out all the files and solutions..

What you'll need
    > Odin 3.xx, can get from samfirmware website
    http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/30977/N8000XXUDNE5_N8000OLBDNE3_XME/
    > Samsung drivers
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=961956
    > note 10.pit and efs (extract the efs.rar after download, yes it's i9300 but can be used)
    > n8000 rom, can get from http://www.sammobile.com/ or development section. I prefer flashable rom in recovery such as android revolution HD, and place it in microsd.
    > Philztouch CWM

(files as attached)

Steps to do the recovery
    1. Download odin and extract
    2. Download drivers and install.
    3. Run Odin, place the following files
    - click the PIT button, select the note10.pit.
    - click the CSC, and select the previously extracted efs.rar..it should be efs.tar now
    - click on AP, for custom recovery, such as philz.. or official rom..up to you.
    4. Tick the following menus in Odin
    - Re-Partition (optional, some users said no need to tick this would do as well)
    - Phone bootloader update
    - Phone EFS clear
    5. Place your n8000 in download mode, and connect via USB.
    6. Click on START button.. and hopefully success.
    7. Once finishes, reboot into recovery mode (those who flash rom via Odin can skip this), and install the rom zip file.

Everything should be fine now and your n8000 should able to start properly... that's how I managed to "resurrect" my n8000 tho... hope these helps... mine was n8000 16GB, 3G/Wifi version
    Hello, i have also this issue with the galaxy note 10.1 gt-n8020, its stucks on samsung logo and doesnt go any further...i dont have a custom firmware neither the tablet its rooted, i tried with odin having the original firmware but when i press start, after the msg "Start write to NAND" i get a FAIL and ends there. Even with the method mentioned here, still i get the FAIL msg...any Info on this on what might be the cause and maybe a possible fix?Can this be also hardware related malfunction?I cant go into recovery mode, only download mode works...
    Yes, that md5 was used.....

I've went completely by procedure described in first post, with exception of i9300_repair_efs change as mentioned. For that part, I've used latest Odin downloaded from Samsung web, and for bootloader, I've used Odin 3.05, just to be sure, since there is a button with "Bootloader" written on it :)
    Sorry but I didn't get it clear!!:confused:
    Did you use i9300_repair_efs.tar for AP and left CSC empty?
    Did you flash a stock rom or a recovery after that?
    Did you Ticked Re-Partition ,Phone bootloader update ,Phone EFS clear ,F.Reset Time or Auto Reboot?
    please provide the right steps you've used one by one.:(

Used i9300_repair_efs.tar for both CSC and AP, after that installed android revolution.
    Can't remember everything that was ticked, but was going step by step according to guide in the first post, with i9300_repair_efs.tar change.
    Ive tried every thing I could dig up to fix my personal issue with this problem.

Specificly. I have NO RECOVERY, download mode works. Flashing/trying to erase/resetting/pulling battery/anything I could find that might help does not change anything..or methods even used for devices with compareable issues(s3 SDS etc). all methods either flash with no result or fail.

After all of it. Ive come to.the conclusion I've probably got a fully borked emmc..likely caused by some wear leveling bug effectively making the memory read only and has corrupted areas.

Leaving the "Free and/or non-invasive" options count at basically ZERO.

Replacing motherboard...not great option when comparing the cost.of another used tab.

While I'm not sure about the next option due to not understanding exactly what is needed to pull it off. It sound possible to make it..somewhat useable.. by disabling the emmc by jumping and shutting down the emmc all together. I believe whats left of the firmware will try to boot.frkm the sd card slot...

lastly is.replacing the emmc on the board.

all i got..emmc pins are extremely.accessible.on the board BTW. So even mounting the emmc as an sd card with a bit of handy(but.not.bga) soldering. or possibly soldering an external emmc from the.board.pads while disabling/lesving.in place the existing emmc..shrug...l got pics and some info but this is all thaf seems relavent right now tk me.