[N910C/N910H][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 20171223 (ABANDONED)

Search This thread

quletadik23

Dec 7, 2011
Substratum work perfectly. Try it

Thanks. Yah its working. Anyway, Facebook messenger Video Call works for the first time but theres no audio coming out from the speakers, only on the earpiece. And the second time I used video call, camera is not working now. Only sounds from earpiece.

I really like this rom but video call is a must for me. :(

Last edited:

mrrodri

May 30, 2016
Buenos Aires
Hello ... it's happening to me that they call me and I can not hear but they listen to me, I saw in the forum what happens to others, if I restart I listen to others but after the first call I lose listening again. Is there a solution that you can help me with? Because I can not receive calls like this because I can not hear the caller.

Last edited:

KoziLord

Apr 3, 2017
The latest build seems to have broken FLAC file support (the standard app as well as custom ones would freeze at 0:00).

Voytec83

Apr 25, 2017
Koszalin
Thanks. Yah its working. Anyway, Facebook messenger Video Call works for the first time but theres no audio coming out from the speakers, only on the earpiece. And the second time I used video call, camera is not working now. Only sounds from earpiece.

I really like this rom but video call is a must for me. :(

Audio issues are surely present without any doubts (remember it is beta test build as the rom .zip descreption clearly say). However, there are some 'stable weird behaviours', which means even if minor bug occures, there are some workarounds to avoid them. In case of audio - always boot to the rom with ringtone volume on (not vibration or silent mode)! This should prevent the phone to: loose incall audio, video call audio (not 100% sure as I don't use it) and also ringtone volume (for incoming calls). This solution was not tested for a bigger scale, but seems it works in most cases.

Regarding ur previous question on theme support - FYI there is no native theme engine for Lineage OS in Nougat (ver 14.1). Old CM theme engine was removed totally and probably there will be none in Oreo as well. Rumors say, LOS may get OMS support for Substratum (now it works only in Legacy mode).

sree_rag

Apr 11, 2012
Thrissur
FLAC is working fine with the RR version. Didn't try Lineage.

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Anyone knows how to adjust vibration intensity with aosp roms.

upan-DEV

Feb 26, 2015
Im having some random restart in RR Rom. Do you have a fix ? Sometimes plaving videos or scrolling down through file manager triggers reboot

Hmm.. My phone didnt get random reboot. So i dont no how to fix it. But try the tutorial in previos post in rr rom for fix hotpsot with the iptable file And install magisk for more stable work rom. But i just fix the hotpsot without instal magisk because i use the rr rom in dualboot for testing ( cant instal magisk in multiboot).

i also underclock the rr rom to 1700mhz because i dont like the temperature in 1900mhz ( very hot ). The other reason is in nemesis rom, anjar said that : the kernel in spacelemon is underclok to 1700mhz and i used the nemesis rom in primary rom. Until now, i used my second rom ( rr rom) and its very stable with underclock it, beside the temperature, my battery is friendly too. Maybe for 3 days later i will full wipe my rom and change to rr rom only with my configuration.

For the bug, i think ita just miror bug.
Because i can play video with gom player / 3rd player app.
For record, i can use 3rd app like footej / camera 360.
But in youtube app the quality video just 720 HD (max). But the quality isnt important to me because i cant download it with app for more resolution

Last edited:

upan-DEV

Feb 26, 2015
Hii...
I got the configuration for enable 1440p video on youtube app. Its just very simple.

Tutorial :
1. Instal DPI Changer app and set up your RESOLUTION to 2160x3840 (4K)
2. Cleardata your youtube app and try to open it for clarify the 1440/ 1080 is enable.

At this posisition your phone will be laggy and cant take screenshot. So next to step 3

3. Back to your DPI changer APP and set up to default resolution.

In this step you will get back your faster phone and screenshot will work again.

4. Restart phone without cleardata data in youtube app

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180309-182602.jpg
    Screenshot_20180309-182602.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 782
Last edited:

mrrodri

May 30, 2016
Buenos Aires
Hello ... it's happening to me that they call me and I can not hear but they listen to me, I saw in the forum what happens to others, if I restart I listen to others but after the first call I lose listening again. Is there a solution that you can help me with? Because I can not receive calls like this because I can not hear the caller.

Hi ... Any comment on this that can guide me ???

Voytec83

Apr 25, 2017
Koszalin
Hi ... Any comment on this that can guide me ???

Follow the thread, not just waiting for answer on ur own posts...
#165 on previous page... It should solve ur issue

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

Hii...
I got the configuration for enable 1440p video on youtube app. Its just very simple.

Tutorial :
1. Instal DPI app and set up your dpi to 2160x3840 (4K)
2. Cleardata your youtube app and try to open it for clarify the 1440/ 1080 is enable.

At this posisition your phone will be laggy and cant take screenshot. So next to step 3

3. Back to your DPI change APP and set up to default resolution.

In this step you will get back your faster phone and screenshot will work again.

4. Restart phone without cleardata data in youtube app

Well... Intresting, I will give it a try, especially 1080p 60fps YT video has some small lag already :good:

And just to clearify - when U talk about 2160x3840 U actually have in mind RESOLUTION not DPI, am I correct? ;)

upan-DEV

Feb 26, 2015
Follow the thread, not just waiting for answer on ur own posts...
#165 on previous page... It should solve ur issue

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

Well... Intresting, I will give it a try, especially 1080p 60fps YT video has some small lag already :good:

And just to clearify - when U talk about 2160x3840 U actually have in mind RESOLUTION not DPI, am I correct? ;)

Oh yeah.. Sorry i mean resolution. Not dpi hhee:laugh:

optimummind

Jun 17, 2012
Orange, CA
After having used both the Lineage OS & RR Remix versions by bonuzzz, I have to say I like the RR Remix better. Love all the extra customization options + video recording works with certain apps that didn't work with LOS.

It's just too bad there aren't more developers interested in keeping the N910C going.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Reactions: tilango

Voytec83

Apr 25, 2017
Koszalin
After having used both the Lineage OS & RR Remix versions by bonuzzz, I have to say I like the RR Remix better. Love all the extra customization options + video recording works with certain apps that didn't work with LOS.

It's just too bad there aren't more developers interested in keeping the N910C

For our luck there are still at least 2 ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community.

Notes:
    fingerprint is disabled.
    root is included.
    selinux is permissive.

Known issues:
    mic doesn't work when sound and recording
    camera is unstable

Install:
    make backup, including efs partition
    flash with twrp

Download:
    20171223 https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MbBu2MRq_0rNh0ZGG1Z66loL4Q23XKV2

N910U -TEST VERSION https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zCQrdTw_Jpd_EY4kGoSNWdGA9s4ceMtk

Thanks to @RaymanFX @modpunk

Sources:
    https://github.com/bonuzzz/android_device_samsung_treltexx
    https://github.com/bonuzzz/android_device_samsung_trelte-common
    https://github.com/bonuzzz/android_kernel_samsung_trelte
    test build
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BxulBSFgPTffRdUui-G35SpSZi4qBsgF

fixed mic
    fixed offline charging
    fixed camera
    more bugs added

call audio is unstable. no sound in call when use vibration mode
    I highly advice for you to find someone who want and can support aosp for note4 further. I don’t use this device and I don’t have any motivation to spend all my time for fixing bugs. I was interested in fixing modem here. That’s all. I thought you have stable nougat except modem. I was wrong. So I had to bring up nougat here. Now, after 3 weeks, firmware is stable enough except some bugs for daily usage. I think i completed the mission. Probably I will post any updates here, but this work has low priority in my life.
    Thanks for understanding
    why you disable it if the fingeprint is working?

It's very simple. I'm making new kernel on new base for n4 and I'm not sure fingerprint will be working there in next builds. It's simpler for me to disable it than to upload new build with something broken. @exalented posts his solution, but it's possible it will broke not only fingerprint, but whole system.
    Or let's fork my rom and upload everything you want.
    One more example. I have builds with working mic, but with issues in modem part. I'll not release it until i'll sure everything works stable.
    I've got questions about why i'm making new base instead of fixing bugs. I think it's better to answer in public. As note4 and tab s2 have same platform and lack of development, I'm trying to commonize all work for these devices to make easier further development. At least they have common issues, except audio in note4.
    the second question was about oreo and supporting other variants of note4. We will get oreo anyway. It's possible to build oreo just now. But the rom has issues, which will not resolve themselves by swithing to next android. The weakest places are camera and fingerprint.
    What about support n910u, n910s,n915s and others. Dont ask me about it every time. I remember about you. If differences between models are only in modem, you have more chances to get support later.
    Now I have plans only to make new base and to fix audio. That's all. Don't expect anything else.