[N910C/N910H][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 20171223 (ABANDONED)

Search This thread

Voytec83

Apr 25, 2017
Koszalin
Has anyone else experienced SMS issues? I can receive text messages reliably (so far) but sending them reliably has been a miss. Regardless whether my message really does get sent or not, the Android Message app says "Not sent. Tap to try again."

I can confirm the info "Not sent. Tap to try again" appears, but in fact message is sent (that I am 100% sure).

optimummind

Jun 17, 2012
Orange, CA
I decide to stop developing. I could not find the solution to stabilize incall audio, but this is useless without stable audio. Probably someone else will fix it. Updated code is uploaded in my repos.
Thank you for your support! Bye!
Shucks, when I saw your name, I thought it was gonna be another test build. [emoji38]

Thx for all you did!

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

optimummind

Jun 17, 2012
Orange, CA
I decide to stop developing. I could not find the solution to stabilize incall audio, but this is useless without stable audio. Probably someone else will fix it. Updated code is uploaded in my repos.
Thank you for your support! Bye!

Dear bonuzzz,

Before completely quitting this ROM, can you release another test build to fix the following SMS issue?

Sometimes the message really DOES NOT get sent, sometimes the message DOES get sent. It's confusing.

Besides that SMS issue, your latest test build - despite some bugs - have been very, very good.:good:

And, FYI, my in-call voice is good. My 910C base rom was this version: N910CXXU2DQK1_N910COXA2DQK1_N910CXXU1DQG1_HOME.tar

The CSC is XEO.

Last edited:

bonuzzz

Apr 1, 2005
Dear bonuzzz,

Before completely quitting this ROM, can you release another test build to fix the following SMS issue?

Sometimes the message really DOES NOT get sent, sometimes the message DOES get sent. It's confusing.

Besides that SMS issue, your latest test build - despite some bugs - have been very, very good.:good:

And, FYI, my in-call voice is good. My 910C base rom was this version: N910CXXU2DQK1_N910COXA2DQK1_N910CXXU1DQG1_HOME.tar

The CSC is XEO.

no problem. it's easy enough. will upload last build today or tomorrow. los and rr

Jc_Py

Apr 8, 2015
For me on 910h in call an mic is fine too. Only one bug here, when on earphones sounds out on speaker too. And have not used Sms yet.
Thanks Bonuzzz for your work.

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

no problem. it's easy enough. will upload last build today or tomorrow. los and rr

Thanks for this too, I'll try the RR build, now on RR and is very smooth and battery is better too.

upan-DEV

Feb 26, 2015
Last edited:

upan-DEV

Feb 26, 2015

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180307-131530.jpg
    Screenshot_20180307-131530.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 333
  • Screenshot_20180307-115027.jpg
    Screenshot_20180307-115027.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 332
  • Screenshot_20180307-113749.png
    Screenshot_20180307-113749.png
    155.3 KB · Views: 327
  • Screenshot_20180307-113612.jpg
    Screenshot_20180307-113612.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 328
Reactions: SaschaHa

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community.

Notes:
    fingerprint is disabled.
    root is included.
    selinux is permissive.

Known issues:
    mic doesn't work when sound and recording
    camera is unstable

Install:
    make backup, including efs partition
    flash with twrp

Download:
    20171223 https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MbBu2MRq_0rNh0ZGG1Z66loL4Q23XKV2

N910U -TEST VERSION https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zCQrdTw_Jpd_EY4kGoSNWdGA9s4ceMtk

Thanks to @RaymanFX @modpunk

Sources:
    https://github.com/bonuzzz/android_device_samsung_treltexx
    https://github.com/bonuzzz/android_device_samsung_trelte-common
    https://github.com/bonuzzz/android_kernel_samsung_trelte
    test build
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BxulBSFgPTffRdUui-G35SpSZi4qBsgF

fixed mic
    fixed offline charging
    fixed camera
    more bugs added

call audio is unstable. no sound in call when use vibration mode
    I highly advice for you to find someone who want and can support aosp for note4 further. I don’t use this device and I don’t have any motivation to spend all my time for fixing bugs. I was interested in fixing modem here. That’s all. I thought you have stable nougat except modem. I was wrong. So I had to bring up nougat here. Now, after 3 weeks, firmware is stable enough except some bugs for daily usage. I think i completed the mission. Probably I will post any updates here, but this work has low priority in my life.
    Thanks for understanding
    why you disable it if the fingeprint is working?

It's very simple. I'm making new kernel on new base for n4 and I'm not sure fingerprint will be working there in next builds. It's simpler for me to disable it than to upload new build with something broken. @exalented posts his solution, but it's possible it will broke not only fingerprint, but whole system.
    Or let's fork my rom and upload everything you want.
    One more example. I have builds with working mic, but with issues in modem part. I'll not release it until i'll sure everything works stable.
    I've got questions about why i'm making new base instead of fixing bugs. I think it's better to answer in public. As note4 and tab s2 have same platform and lack of development, I'm trying to commonize all work for these devices to make easier further development. At least they have common issues, except audio in note4.
    the second question was about oreo and supporting other variants of note4. We will get oreo anyway. It's possible to build oreo just now. But the rom has issues, which will not resolve themselves by swithing to next android. The weakest places are camera and fingerprint.
    What about support n910u, n910s,n915s and others. Dont ask me about it every time. I remember about you. If differences between models are only in modem, you have more chances to get support later.
    Now I have plans only to make new base and to fix audio. That's all. Don't expect anything else.