• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[N910C/N910H][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 (RESURRECTED)

Search This thread

gele777

Feb 17, 2009
Sofia
Hey guys,

Just installed this ROM and latest opengapps, until now all working nice and smooth.

I just wondering, what root do you recommend for this ROM ?
SuperSU or Magisk ? the latests or a specific version...

Thanks and sorry for the trouble

The root is on developer option.
You can active root or not and change for adb ,app,adb+app etc.
Just flash latest Magisk or SuperSU whichever you want.
I use latest Magisk Manager 6.0.0 and Magisk v17.2.

Reactions: 3dward87

3dward87

Sep 8, 2007
www.bestbots.ro
Hello,

I`ve been searching this thread and couldnt find any info about call recording.

Someone managed to install a working app to record calls? (total recall dont work, which worked on stock)

Thank you

Calvin.manneson

Feb 3, 2015
Kudo's to dev @dl12345.
Great OS on many levels...:cowboy:

Light:ROM installs ultra quick(1g on system partition),can reboot at negligible cost to battery.
Snappy performance with general use..
Excellent battery (+-7hr-sot), google-free (microG)

Thanks for your efforts...:cool:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181006-111233.png
    Screenshot_20181006-111233.png
    201 KB · Views: 522
  • Screenshot_20181006-111245.png
    Screenshot_20181006-111245.png
    78.6 KB · Views: 490
Reactions: exalented

upan-DEV

Feb 26, 2015
which rom is better lineage-14.1-20180529 or RR-N-v5.8.5-20180602 can you help me?

los have 90xxx score antutu, rr have more costumize so it have below los. but its not compitable with substratum. so you can choose what do you want. i think the different just in costumize

---------- Post added at 05:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 AM ----------

Can anyone suggest me a good replacement battery? My battery's been draining like hell for past few weeks.

purchase in samsung retail store in your country. or try zero lemon

picha32

Mar 24, 2012
los have 90xxx score antutu, rr have more costumize so it have below los. but its not compitable with substratum. so you can choose what do you want. i think the different just in costumize

---------- Post added at 05:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 AM ----------

purchase in samsung retail store in your country. or try zero lemon

Thanks a lot

fabio.sato.94

Jun 5, 2015
Hi guys, can I flash the stock Android 6.0 over this, or will it brick my phone?
I have TWRP and rooted with Magisk

thanks

upan-DEV

Feb 26, 2015
Hi guys, can I flash the stock Android 6.0 over this, or will it brick my phone?
I have TWRP and rooted with Magisk

thanks

u can use dualbooth for boot 2 rom. because this rom have bug everywhere.
but if you want back to stock android , flash via odin will back your phone normally and not brick. because the requirement this LOS based 6.0

Last edited:

wiera89

Jul 3, 2018
hi
thanks for your and others working on this ROM and its working good with more energy saving... but i cant use any OTG where most of the otg checker said i dont have otg kernel signal.. so its any suggestion to fix this? im using N910C with kernel 3.10.9+ .. thanks for your helps

Last edited:

rafi024

Oct 29, 2015
hi
thanks for your and others working on this ROM and its working good with more energy saving... but i cant use any OTG where most of the otg checker said i dont have otg kernel signal.. so its any suggestion to fix this? im using N910C with kernel 3.10.9+ .. thanks for your helps

Use ES file explorer & set it to default for usb otg.

wiera89

Jul 3, 2018
Use ES file explorer & set it to default for usb otg.

nope.. still cant detect..i done check using many type of manager like rootexplorer, es manager etc but cant found my usb/otg.. otg checker was used to verify why i cant used it which the only option i got.. hahahaha..
did i wrongly flash my rom?
sory for my bad english..

rowel07

Nov 21, 2013
I've tried to install in my N910U but i don't have mobile signal. HELP!

I've tried to install in my N910U but i don't have mobile signal. Anyone knows how to fix this.?

upan-DEV

Feb 26, 2015
nope.. still cant detect..i done check using many type of manager like rootexplorer, es manager etc but cant found my usb/otg.. otg checker was used to verify why i cant used it which the only option i got.. hahahaha..
did i wrongly flash my rom?
sory for my bad english..

try marrow kernel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

LineageOS 14.1 for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910C (Exynos)
    This project is a continuation of the work done by @bonuzzz

STATUS

Most things are working with the exception of the items below.

• Fingerprints and it's possible they won't ever work properly. Functioning fingerprints are dependent on proprietary black box userspace code that is currently failing when retrieving the scanned fingerprint blob from the Trustsonic trusted execution environment. The driver itself is also proprietary code. Working out why it is failing is largely guesswork, large amounts of debug statements and the odd rain dance. Please don't keep on at me about it. I'll fix it when I fix, if I do.
    • SELinux: Currently permissive mode. Fixing it so it runs in enforcing mode will probably be the last thing I do
    • Bluetooth SCO headset - no voicecalls or car kit
    • Phone encryption
    • Camera video recording is poor quality and pixelated

DOWNLOAD

I recommend you do a full wipe and install. If you're running an older version of this ROM built by bonuzzz you can do a dirty flash. If you have any problems then do a full wipe and reflash

lineage-14.1-20180529-UNOFFICIAL-treltexx.zip (MD5: 53a163ff4abe257855c4db42b54f53e1)

RR-N-v5.8.5-20180602-treltexx-Unofficial (MD5: c2cdaf859c2359bf38cafeb9d9123798) See NOTE on RR build

SOURCE CODE

If you wish to compile this for yourself then all the repositories are accessible on my github. There are many guides explaining how to download and compile LineageOS.

https://github.com/dl12345

Clone the following repository and add the roomservice.xml file to the .repo/local_manifests folder. Then do a "repo sync". This will download all projects.

https://github.com/dl12345/android_manifest_treltexx

Then issue the following commands

Code:
    android $ source build/envsetup.sh
    android $ brunch treltexx

CREDITS

Original work done on this project was completed by @bonuzzz.

If anyone else should be credited here let me know and I'll be happy to include a credit.

NOTES/COMMENTS

• DO please include a detailed description on all bug reports. If you can, try to duplicate the bug while running an adb logcat. Attach this logcat as well as the output of the dmesg command to the bug report
    • DON'T ask me when I'm going to make an Oreo version. This device has suffered from developer neglect for years and there is still far too much use of proprietary blobs which come from Marshmallow. This forces the use of shims and other nasty workarounds. Much of the codebase is years old and APIs have changed. Oreo includes further major changes so you'll have to live with a Nougat version for the moment. If and when it is stable I may decide to work on an Oreo build if I have time.
    • DON'T ask me to make a version for device X, Y or Z. I don't have the device to test it and I don't have the time to do so either. Download it yourself and compile it for your device.
    • DON'T install this ROM if you need to ask how to install it
    • DON'T try to install this on your Snapdragon version of the Galaxy Note 4. This is ONLY for the SM-N910C/H
    • DO search the thread for solutions to your problem before making a new post
    • DON'T whine about bugs or how long it takes to do a new release. I do this for free.
    • DO click on the thanks button if you download and use this ROM......1,200+ downloads and 53 folk clicked thanks on this post

CHANGELOG

06-MAY-2018: Version 0.1 lineage-14.1-20180506-UNOFFICIAL-treltexx.zip (MD5: 84b108edf7aea86e23809ec25d15fafc)

• Fixed poor quality incall audio
    • Fixed audio routing so music plays properly through headphone and speakers
    • Fixed no audio recording
    • Fixed no video recording
    • Fixed video playback stuttering above 1080p
    • Fixed tethering not working
    • Adjusted audio volume for various audio routes
    • Implemented hardware backed keystore API version 2, replacing the software only keystore
    • Removed proprietary mobicore blobs and moved to opensource version
    • Switched audio to libseiren
    • Implemented open source hardware codecs.
    • Added FLAC decoder
    • Added HEVC codec
    • Changed Samsung MFC (Multi Format Codec) drivers
    • Changed Exynos ION and secmem drivers
    • Patched Video4linux ION driver
    • Increased size of kernel log ring buffer (easier debugging due to lots of log spam by various drivers)
    • Turned on USB OTG
    • Removed Knox and DM_VERITY
    • Changed TCP congestion control to CONG_WESTWOOD (more efficient / faster)
    • Added option to store kernel config in /proc
    • Added netfilter IPv6 match targets
    • Added QoS algorithms
    • Added runtime control of SELinux
    • Removed invalid filesystem symlinks to storage devices
    • Removed invalid Playready DRM folders causing crashes
    • Removed proprietary ION blobs
    • Fixed memory leak in HEVC driver
    • Removed some log spam
    • Modularized build configuration

06-MAY-2018: Version 0.2 lineage-14.1-20180506-UNOFFICIAL-treltexx.zip (MD5: f84a0129e38472f0d73b918929cc3fac)

• Removed proprietary vendor Bluetooth implementation and replaced with opensource version

29-MAY-2018: Version 0.3 lineage-14.1-20180529-UNOFFICIAL-treltexx.zip (MD5: 53a163ff4abe257855c4db42b54f53e1)

• KERNEL: Modify the kernel cpufreq driver to save and restore the minimum and maximum scaling frequency when the cpu is hotplugged. The default driver restores the physical maximum and minimum, meaning the cpu maximum frequency cannot be controlled either by the user or by the PowerHAL as the Exynos BIG clusters are taken offline whenever the display is turned off.
    • KERNEL: Modify the kernel cpufreq driver to send ONLINE uevent messages instead of POLICY_CHANGE uevent messages whenever a cpu is hotplugged. This allows ueventd to set permissions in sysfs correctly, without which the PowerHAL cannot function correctly.
    • KERNEL: Disallow software CRC on MMC data block operations
    • Rewritten and modified PowerHAL. The generic PowerHAL is completely broken and none of the battery profiles work at all. This is a combination of problems from old and bad code to insufficient kernel capabilities to handle CPU hotplugging. The rewrite restores full functionality with an improved battery saver function that doesn't reduce performance as much as the generic HAL.
    • Modify interactive governor settings to reduce maximum cpu frequency from 1.9Ghz to 1.7Ghz. The higher frequency is almost completely useless as it causes very rapid thermal throttling and so it results in better user performance.
    • Reduce the wait delay in the cpu interactive governor that prevents the cpu scaling more rapidly to higher frequencies when a sudden load is placed on the system. This results in better interactive performance and faster app launch times.
    • Fix permissions of cpu interactive governor sysfs nodes that prevents proper operation of the PowerHAL
    • Add init.d scripts for user control of cpu governor settings
    • Add support for hotplugging
    • Create workaround via init.d script to fix muted incall audio after rebooting. Eliminate requirement to use modified Dialer app
    • Fixed/workaround for muted incall audio
    • Fix the SMS "not sent" error. The Ericsson Thor M7450 modem sends spurious trailing bytes in the RIL_SMS_Response which needs to be ignored
    • Force long SMS messages to be sent as multiple SMS messages rather than a single MMS message
    • Fix bug in AudioHAL that causes AMR wideband calls to be treated as narrowband and remove build.prop workaround to force all voice calls to be wideband
    • Fix the permissions on /dev/s5p-mem to allow drm to work properly
    • Fix Widevine L1 DRM
    • Remove OMX AAC decoder that is causing streaming apps to hang (netflix)
    • Add build.prop and p2p_supplicant settings to enable miracast
    • Remove deep buffer in audio_policy.conf
    • Fix issues preventing lhd and gps communicating properly. This should resolve quirky behaviour with gps
    • Replace the incomplete default apns-conf.xml with the Google master version

RELEASE NOTES VERSION 0.3

Telephony

A workaround for the muted incall audio has been created. This is a small binary that gets run by an init.d script at boot time. This workaround eliminates the need to use a patched Dialer app.

The bug causing the SMS "not sent" error has been fixed. The Ericsson Thor M7450 modem sends spurious trailing bytes in the RIL_SMS_Response which needs to be ignored

Long SMS messages are now sent as multiple SMS messages instead of a single MMS

A bug in the AudioHAL causing wideband calls to be treated as narrowband and resulting in garbled audio has been fixed

The default LineageOS apns-conf.xml has been replaced by the more up-to-date and complete Google master version

If you installed Google Dialer and then flashed the modifed dialer app to fix muted incall audio then you MUST reflash OpenGapps after installing this ROM. OpenGapps automatically removes the Dialer app on bootup and since the modified Dialer app removed Google Dialer on installation, when you boot and OpenGapps removes the stock dialer, you will have no Dialer app.

PowerHAL

The generic Samsung PowerHAL was completely buggy and non-functional and battery profiles simply did not work. The PowerHAL has undergone a rewrite and is now fully functional. As part of the rewrite, you should find that the battery saving profile produces better performance at the cost of a slight increase in battery consumption.

CPU governor

You SHOULD NOT replace the interactive governor with any other governor using kernel auditor or other software. The PowerHAL is dependent on the interactive governor and changing it to a different governor will break the battery power profile settings. A properly tuned interactive governor is probably the best governor anyway, so there is no need to change.

The scaling_max_freq or the maximum cpu speed for ther BIG cluster has been capped at 1.7GHz instead of 1.9GHz. The power envelope of the Cortex A57 is such that it can only sustain 1.9Ghz for literally seconds until thermal throttling kicks in, which then reduces the clock speed to a much lower level to dissipate heat. The 1.7Ghz cap gives better overall sustained performance since it causes less thermal throttling. The maximum 1.9Ghz frequency is largely useless and counterproductive.

When a heavy load is placed on the cpu, the governor will immediately scale it to hispeed_freq, at which point it will pause for a specified number of milliseconds before jumping to the next frequency. Samsung had set this artificially high, which impacts the perceived snappiness of the ROM. This delay has been reduced from 59000 ms to 20000 ms, resulting in a snappier user interface.

A set of scripts has been added to /system/etc/init.d and /system/etc/governor if you wish to override governor settings at boot time. The default governor configuration and an experimental governor configuration are included but disabled.

The experimental governor has substantially better performance but since it is experimental I have not made it the default. Click the button below to see the improved app launch times versus the default governor (in milliseconds). This is a series of 10 cold app launches and the eventual average launch time.

Code:
    APP	Chrome				Youtube				Open Camera		
            Default	DL	  Δ		Default	DL	  Δ		Default	DL	  Δ
    	555	441			1,161	1,270			956	611	
    	521	435			1,430	979			735	662	
    	458	500			1,238	878			704	693	
    	493	483			1,148	1,250			676	663	
    	549	417			1,770	1,160			797	745	
    	463	468			1,159	1,560			783	676	
    	493	500			1,178	972			801	694	
    	497	424			1,128	933			816	650	
    	526	490			1,145	1,170			797	686	
    	545	503			1,970	880			744	665	
    AVERAGE	510	466	-8.61%		1,333	1,105	-17.07%		781	675	-13.63%

Hotplugging

Support for hotplugging has been implemented but is disabled by default. Please see the script in the init.d folder and uncomment the line to enable. Hotplug scripts live in /etc/hotplug and are named as <event type>.agent. They must be executable. There is an example script available.

DRM/Netflix

Widevine L1 DRM is now working properly and recognized as valid. If you use Magisk and Magisk Hide in conjunction with the Props module, you can get Google Play to recognize your device as certified and download the Netflix app. I still haven't been able to get it to play at rates greater than 1750Kbps. The Netflix app is very restrictive and the stock SM-N910C is not a certified Netflix HD device (other versions of the Note 4 with the Qualcomm Snapdragon are able to stream Netflix HD). To get it working, not only is Widevine L1 required (done), but you also need to be a certified device for Play Store (done using Magisk Hide and Props) and a Netflix recognized device (not done). The OMX AAC codec has been removed as this was causing streaming apps to hang

Casting

Various build.prop changes and p2p_supplicant changes have been implemented and casting should now work without needing to modify anything yourself. I cannot test this as I don't have the necessary hardware.

GPS

Folder location and permissions have been corrected that now allow GPS and LHD to talk to each other, so GPS should be less quirky.

Kernel

The kernel cpufreq drivers have been modified to save and restore maximum and minimum scaling frequency. This is necessary to achieve a properly functioning PowerHAL.

The driver has also been modified to send cpu uevent ONLINE messages that ueventd can process as previously ueventd was not setting sysfs permissions properly when cpus were hotplugged. The Samsung cpu drivers offline the big cluster whenever the display is turned off, which previously would reset any caps to the physical maximum and minimum, invalidating any attempt to cap cpu frequency (which is necessary for the power saving profile).

Post-installation Issues

Google Now voice search. If setup at boot it causes very high CPU usage. Configure it after you have rebooted following the initial installation. Note that it persistently causes cpu usage of 10% - 15% when the screen is active.

Media Scanner (android.process.media) will go bananas after first installation and use high cpu for a while. It is scanning and indexing media. It will stop after a while. If you still have problems with it then you probably have a LOT of media or some corrupted files on your sdcard. You could also clear out your thumbnails folders.

See the full CHANGELOG in the first post.

Other

I still have not tracked down the issues with the rotation sensor and proximity sensor. The rotation issued happened to me once and I could neither duplicate it again nor see anything in the logs. Unfortunately my proximity sensor seems to be completely non-functional. I replaced the hardware module (it's on the front camera board) with one from a spare parts Note 4 that I have, but unfortunately that part had a non-functional camera so I am stuck with my broken proximity sensor. It would help if someone could get a full "logcat -b all" and a dmesg output while trying to use the proximity sensor. Also test it using Sensors Test app and try to recalibrate it using Proximity Sensor Reset/Repair app.
    RESURRECTION REMIX BUILD

From now on I will include a Resurrection Remix build whenever I release a vanilla LineageOS build. The conditions of me making this build are as follows

• I don't plan on testing the build. I will compile it and upload it.
    • I will not accept bug reports. This build will have any bugs present in the Lineage build as well as bugs specific to RR.
    • Bug fixes will be made to the base LineageOS releases and automatically included in the RR build
    • I will not customize the RR build. It will use the identical device tree and fixes I have made for the LineageOS build on which it is based
    • No discussion of the RR build in this thread. I will open a new thread
    • The link to the RR build will be in the first post of this thread
    • The source code is available in the github repos in the first post
    You guys will be pleased to know I've just found the bug that's causing the SMS "not sent issue". I'll include a fix in the next release....
    So in answer to the questions about continuing work on this ROM, I really was quite happy with my Note 4 and had no intention of changing it; however, since I managed to trash it I'm going to be buying a new phone which is likely to be the upcoming Note 9. It's not that I can't afford a new phone, just that I didn't see much reason to waste money changing my perfectly functional Note 4 whose battery I could swap out every time it reached end of life.

I still have what I suspect is a functional motherboard and since I have stuff on the phone that I actually want to recover, I may end up buying a second hand note and swapping the boards out so that I can access my data. However, I don't want to make promises or give any time-frames so as not to raise false hopes.