[N910C/N910H][UNOFFICIAL] Resurrection Remix 5.8.5 20171223 (ABANDONED)

Search This thread

baddi_smew

Aug 15, 2015
Benghazi
The rom is very smooth and fast and battery life is good.. everything works fine no overheating only had to issues.
Videos glitch on resolution 1080p and above but 720p it's o.k ?
The second issue is inCall audio randomly lost and no sound from speakers when i played media. i couldn't find a fix except restartingthe device ?
Anyone has a fix for this issue i searched all the posts had no fix?

naminx

Feb 4, 2014
@Voytec83
Can you please share how to restart audio_server using 3C Toolbox.
I've downloaded the app, but could not figure out how to.
Thank you in advance.

EDIT:
I've found out how to. Thank for the hint anyway.
I'm testing to have Tasker restart /system/bin/audioserver
after a phone call is hung up, to solve the in-call audio problem.

Tasker settings:
Profile => Event -> Phone Idle
Task => Run Shell
Command = /system/bin/killall -9 audioserver
Use Root = (checked)

I'll post the result in a few days. It's a long holiday here.
I do not expect a lot of phone calls.

EDIT2: Update
I make sure audioserver is restarted after every call.
However, the ear/main speaker are NOT working in SOME INCOMING calls.
I had to hang up and called back / waited for another call.
Fortunately, I never have the speaker problem in outgoing calls / subsequent incoming call.
It seems that only restarting audioserver is not enough to solve the problem completely.
I'll continue the test for a few weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: daneal2u

Voytec83

Apr 25, 2017
Koszalin
@Voytec83
Can you please share how to restart audio_server using 3C Toolbox.
I've downloaded the app, but could not figure out how to.
Thank you in advance.

EDIT:
I've found out how to. Thank for the hint anyway.
I'm testing to have Tasker restart /system/bin/audioserver
after a phone call is hung up, to solve the in-call audio problem.

Tasker settings:
Profile => Event -> Phone Idle
Task => Run Shell
Command = /system/bin/killall -9 audioserver
Use Root = (checked)

I'll post the result in a few days. It's a long holiday here.
I do not expect a lot of phone calls.

EDIT2: Update
I make sure audioserver is restarted after every call.
However, the ear/main speaker are NOT working in SOME INCOMING calls.
I had to hang up and called back / waited for another call.
Fortunately, I never have the speaker problem in outgoing calls / subsequent incoming call.
It seems that only restarting audioserver is not enough to solve the problem completely.
I'll continue the test for a few weeks.
Hi,
Nice to come back here and see that somebody is trying to make this great rom usable for urself. I am not so active anymore in N4 subject since I have moved to the other device now (however N4 is still used daily as company phone). I wish U all the best and u are welcome to join EliteTeam Telegram Channel (if u haven't done it already). I am really happy to see such posts ?

naminx

Feb 4, 2014
Hi all,

I think I have got a workaround to prevent the in-call audio problem. Please look at these Tasker settings:
zqL6hic.jpg

M5bSjET.jpg

I have used the above settings without the problem for 5 unexpected incoming calls. This never happened before with this ROM.

I use Tasker to kill an "audioserver" process as Voytec83 suggested when the PHONE RINGS and when the call HANGS UP, and after that SOUND A BEEP to re-initialize the speaker.

The drawback of this workaround is that it interrupts first few seconds of your ringtone, and you should wait until the ringtone becomes stable before pick up the call. After the process fully restarts, everything works perfectly.

I inserted 0.5 second delay after phone ring / hang up before killing the process, to prevent a race condition. and another 0.5 second delay before the beep, to give the process enough time to start up. These might be overkill. I invite you all to try tuning these parameters and share your results.

This is an amazing ROM. I once gave up and reverted to 6.0.1 (Nemesis, another great ROM), but I couldn't resist the RR's smoothness and decided to give it a retry.
Thank you the dev bonuzzz for this great ROM, and Voytec83 for your suggestion.

Last edited:

Jc_Py

Apr 8, 2015
Hi, using yout tasker workaround and I can confirm that is working. Received some phones calls and the audio/sound stay as intended.

Thanks!

Hi all,

I think I have got a workaround to prevent the in-call audio problem. Please look at these Tasker settings:
zqL6hic.jpg

M5bSjET.jpg

I have used the above settings without the problem for 5 unexpected incoming calls. This never happened before with this ROM.

I use Tasker to kill an "audioserver" process as Voytec83 suggested when the PHONE RINGS and when the call HANGS UP, and after that SOUND A BEEP to re-initialize the speaker.

The drawback of this workaround is that it interrupts first few seconds of your ringtone, and you should wait until the ringtone becomes stable before pick up the call. After the process fully restarts, everything works perfectly.

I inserted 0.5 second delay after phone ring / hang up before killing the process, to prevent a race condition. and another 0.5 second delay before the beep, to give the process enough time to start up. These might be overkill. I invite you all to try tuning these parameters and share your results.

This is an amazing ROM. I once gave up and reverted to 6.0.1 (Nemesis, another great ROM), but I couldn't resist the RR's smoothness and decided to give it a retry.

Voytec83

Apr 25, 2017
Koszalin
Hi all,

(...)

Wow! Congrats Mate, sounds great!!! :good:

naminx

Feb 4, 2014
One of our considerate members suggests that I provide Tasker profiles / howto for members who are new to Tasker. So here you are.

mediafire.com/folder/kmsrar6u55i5a/Tasker

You have to import TWO profiles (When... .prf.xml) and ONE task (Restart... .tsk.xml).

For those who don't know how to import, this page should help.
almost-a-technocrat.blogspot.com/2013/04/how-to-import-tasker-projects-profiles.html

happa86

Oct 8, 2017
Great rom very Fast and battery life is good.
I cannot do video recording it. I Got camera is not starting. Could you please help about video recording? I dont saw video recording not working.
thanks

D

Deleted member 7699229

Great rom very Fast and battery life is good.
I cannot do video recording it. I Got camera is not starting. Could you please help about video recording? I dont saw video recording not working.
thanks
Try using a different camera than the standard one. Some people say 360 Camera works fine or Footej. I use the Google Camera Oct. 2016 Update but it's kind of laggy when trying to record.

mjrifath

May 13, 2012
Colombo
One of our considerate members suggests that I provide Tasker profiles / howto for members who are new to Tasker. So here you are.

mediafire.com/folder/kmsrar6u55i5a/Tasker

You have to import TWO profiles (When... .prf.xml) and ONE task (Restart... .tsk.xml).

For those who don't know how to import, this page should help.
almost-a-technocrat.blogspot.com/2013/04/how-to-import-tasker-projects-profiles.html

Please explain more.. any possibility of sharing profile xml file.

ThanK you

upan-DEV

Feb 26, 2015
Thread cleaned up, please be respectful to one another and developers!

Asking for ETAs is disrespectful and pointless, especially on a ROM is clearly abandoned.

Have a good day all!

Matt
Senior Moderator

Can you help us for making note 4 alive? Like help for dveloper develop or fixing rom?

D

Deleted member 7699229

Not sure of anyone can help me out with this, but I've been using this ROM for about 2-3 weeks now, and I gotta say that it's really nice to be running nougat, so thanks to the devs for this. However, I've notice really high temperatures (+75°C) whenever I just watch, browse, or play games. It can feel really unbearable when you have to put your phone in your pocket or just touch the upper part of your phone. I've have searched around this thread for answers and have found a solution on changing CPU frequency to 1300Mhz or so. However after reboot, my settings get completely changed and reverts back to 1900Mhz. At this point, I feel like it could be kernel issues with it not wanting to stick with my setup. I'm using latest build. Device N910H.

Anyway, sorry for such a lengthy post but I do hope someone could shed some light on this issue. I really don't want to give up on this ROM, but I'm just worried that my phone may not last longer if I strain it too much. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: upan-DEV

w41ru5

Jul 17, 2017
i hope someone use the latest nougat ROM of @dl12345 to make RRemix ROM it's really amazing ^_^
If you read carefully his messages (May 9th, page 10), he said at one point that he's planned to release also a RR variant. But we need patience and to give him time. And respect him for this awesome work.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts