[N910F][COH4/POI4][KNOX 0x0] Unofficial, re-packed Lollipop firmwares (multi CSC OXA)

Search This thread

alessandro_xda

Feb 8, 2007
Bologna
Traslation:
Good morning,
I've just got a Galaxy Note 4 N910F.
It was on 5.1.1 after an update.
After that I tried to root it.
For this reason I've flashed 4.4.4, thinking I would find a way to root it without tripping knox.
I'd like to know if there is a tutorial for rooting an official firmware for any Franch carrier without tripping knox.
Thank you.

there is no way to root a 910F without tripping knox

bonjour je viens de faire l'acquisition d'un galaxy note 4 n910f. il était en 5.1.1 apres une mise a jour. suite a cela je cherchais a le rooté. pour cela j'ai installé la version 4.4.4. en imaginant trouvé un moyen de le root sans touché a knox. j'aiemrai savoir s'il existe un tuto pour rooté avec un firmware officiel tout operateur FR pour le pas touché a knox.merci

Il n'existe pas un moyen pour rooter le Galaxy N910F sans toucher le knox.

Reactions: dixi83

_alexndr

Mar 1, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
thanks for the POI4 uptate, is there any chance to repack the COI3?
thanks

Seems like you do not unterstand the main idea of this thread...

Re-packing is useful if Samsung releases a new ROM base but there is no multi CSC OXA version available yet

In case of both latest builds (COI3 and COJ3) Samsung released original OXA builds very fast so re-packin is not needed ;)

alessandro_xda

Feb 8, 2007
Bologna
Seems like you do not unterstand the main idea of this thread...

Re-packing is useful if Samsung releases a new ROM base but there is no multi CSC OXA version available yet

In case of both latest builds (COI3 and COJ3) Samsung released original OXA builds very fast so re-packin is not needed ;)

Sorry for my misunderstanding but on samfirmware i only see the nation-specific firmwares and i can't find the multi csc ones

Inviato dal mio GT-N8010 utilizzando Tapatalk

_alexndr

Mar 1, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Sorry for my misunderstanding but on samfirmware i only see the nation-specific firmwares and i can't find the multi csc ones

Inviato dal mio GT-N8010 utilizzando Tapatalk

In case of N910F all builds for Germany are in fact multi CSC OXA and contain CSCs listed in post #1. It is enough to filter all available firmwares for N910F by typing "OXA" :cool:

Attachments

• N910FOXA.png
    N910FOXA.png
    228.5 KB · Views: 325

asfand007

Jun 27, 2016
urgent

i have sm-n910f mobile of TMB reigon. i dont get any automatic update even i am not rooted. my mobile has kitkat version. will this lolipop firmware work on mine. coz even searched sam mobile but they didnt have any of tmb reigon. though i live in pakistan i dont want ma fone to stop working plz guide

StevePritchard

Dec 27, 2005
Frodsham, Cheshire, UK
i have sm-n910f mobile of TMB reigon. i dont get any automatic update even i am not rooted. my mobile has kitkat version. will this lolipop firmware work on mine. coz even searched sam mobile but they didnt have any of tmb reigon. though i live in pakistan i dont want ma fone to stop working plz guide
If you have a phone with TMB, then I think it's likely to be a SM-N910T (USA T-Mobile), not F. Lollipop is the latest release for this version unless you can find a custom ROM.

StevePritchard

Dec 27, 2005
Frodsham, Cheshire, UK
FYI Marshmallow has just been released for your phone (assuming it is a N910T).

Cheers,

Steve.

asfand007

Jun 27, 2016
If you have a phone with TMB, then I think it's likely to be a SM-N910T (USA T-Mobile), not F. Lollipop is the latest release for this version unless you can find a custom ROM.
but bro i have seen in phone info it is N910F confirm but numbers showed its still tmb reigon plz help me can i still install update of anyother reigon? or will it affect my fone?
product code is SM-N910TZKETMB

StevePritchard

Dec 27, 2005
Frodsham, Cheshire, UK
but bro i have seen in phone info it is N910F confirm but numbers showed its still tmb reigon plz help me can i still install update of anyother reigon? or will it affect my fone?
product code is SM-N910TZKETMB
Your product code SM-N910TZKETMB seems to indicate that I'm right, and it's an SM-N910T which is the American T-Mobile version (http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SM-N910TZKETMB).

To ensure that you don't get compatibility problems, you should make sure that you use the Marshmallow version for that device which has just been released.

Check out http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4/general/download-t-mobile-note-4-marshmallow-t3406835

Last edited:

asfand007

Jun 27, 2016
Your product code SM-N910TZKETMB seems to indicate that I'm right, and it's an SM-N910T which is the American T-Mobile version (http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SM-N910TZKETMB).

To ensure that you don't get compatibility problems, you should make sure that you use the Marshmallow version for that device which has just been released.

Check out http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4/general/download-t-mobile-note-4-marshmallow-t3406835

but here is the thing bro. if its sm-N910t, why is it showing in phone info and even when i connect to kies its shows SM-N910F and not SM-N910T. plz guide me i have been stuck in this problem for days now

Last edited:

StevePritchard

Dec 27, 2005
Frodsham, Cheshire, UK
but here is the thing bro. if its sm-N910t, why is it showing in phone info and even when i connect to kies its shows SM-N910F and not SM-N910T. plz guide me i have been stuck in this problem for days now
I think you would be better off asking in an N910T thread. If I were to guess, I'd say you have T hardware, with a (possibly modified) F firmware, but it would be a guess - sorry.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have decided to create this thread due to extraordinary success of my unofficial builds that I recently put in this thread :cool:

Main properties:

- PC Odin flashable (*.tar.md5 file)
    - pure stock, NOT rooted, the only change is replaced CSC pack (unbranded multi CSC OXA package instead of original)
    - contains CSC: BTU, CPW, DBT, ITV, KOR, XEF, XEO
    - can be flashed on ANY N910F without a pit file
    - it will NOT trip KNOX if you still have 0x0 :D

Downloads:

>> N910FXXU1COH4_N910FOXA1BOC3_alexndr.7z << (Android 5.1.1)

>> N910FXXU1POI4_N910FOXA1BOC3_alexndr.7z << (Android 5.0.1)

>> Recent unofficial builds for SM-N910F <<

Important notes:

- I do not have much time to expand this thread, so only multi CSC OXA builds will be available here
    - I am not able to fix any bugs as all builds contains only ORIGINAL, unmodified partition images (to let you keep KNOX 0x0)
    - Unofficial builds means => no OTA updates available (to restore OTA updates you just need to fash OFFICIAL firmware from Sammobile)
    - In theory it is not possible to brick your phone or trip KNOX using these builds, but I have to write it (just in case) - I am not responsible for anything that will happen to your phone
    Thanks for the 5.1.1 downloading now to test.
    Question: Do I need to flash any Modem or Bootloader prior to flashing the rom? I am currently on Pof2 running SOKP as my rom.

oh and is there a root available for 5.1.1 yet? I need my permissions :p

All necessary parts are inside the ROM (including BL / CP) :cool:

ROOT (KNOX 0x1!):
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4/snapdragon-dev/kernel-5-1-1-selinux-enforcing-t3190799
    (see post #8 or #7, do not forget to press "THANKS" to @zamcum in post #1)
    As I always create multi CSC OXA build for personal use if such official version is not available (installing it is the first step while building the next DevBase) - thread has been updated :cool:

ROOT (KNOX 0x1!):
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4/snapdragon-dev/kernel-5-1-1-selinux-enforcing-t3190799
    (see post #8 or #7, do not forget to press "THANKS" to @zamcum in post #1)

And, very important, this 5.1.1 FW comes with letter "C" in its name (COH4).
    Last 5.0.1 FW had letter "P" (POF2), and the previous ones "B" (for ex.: BOD2).

There was no problem in flashing P over B, but you, _alexndr, say that the contrary needs a factory reset to avoid force closes.

So, how is the situation for COH4 coming from POF2?
    Can we flash without factory reset.?

No, factory reset is not required - all user data and apps will remain untouched :cool: I just tried POF2 DevBase -> COH4 (re-packed) update
    Thread has been updated :cool:

Enjoy :)

@ By _alexndr
    how to make re-packed firmware

Code:
    tar -c aboot.mbn sbl1.mbn rpm.mbn tz.mbn sdi.mbn NON-HLOS.bin boot.img recovery.img system.img.ext4 modem.bin cache.img.ext4 hidden.img.ext4 > ROM_NAME.tar
    md5sum -t ROM_NAME.tar >> ROM_NAME.tar
    mv ROM_NAME.tar ROM_NAME.tar.md5

Entire CSC package is included in cache.img.ext4 & hidden.img.ext4
    keep getting "security notice. unauthorised actions have been detected."

shows up every 5min

Disable or uninstall SecurityLogAgent using e.g. TB or just remove app using Root Explorer, then restart
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone