• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[N910F] Downgrade from POF2 to ANK5?

Search This thread

_mone

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 25, 2015
London
Is it possible to downgrade the N910F from Lollipop (POF2) to KitKat (ANK5)?
YES, IT IS POSSIBLE.

Before yesterday I've never used KitKat on my Note4.. When I bought the phone I had no time to try it (KitKat) because I've straight rooted it and flashed a Lollipop based ROM.
Then yesterday I wanted to try a KitKat based ROM and I've lost about 30/40min looking in the forum for the answer to the question Is it possible to downgrade the N910F from Lollipop (POF2 or whatever) to KitKat (ANK5)?
I could not find a proper answer.. there was this BOF5 bootloader can not be downgraded but it was always in a "strange contest" and it did not convinced me.. after 30/40min I said ***k *t and I just performed a full wipe from TWRP, flashed ANK5 modem and bootloader via ODIN, and installed the KitKat ROM from TWRP.

Sorry for the Question/Answer but this thread may will help someone to save time.

P.S.: My KitKat adventure lasted only 10min... It looked ugly to my eyes! Went back on POF2 and now trying out AICP

GidiK

Jan 8, 2013
Best
Is it possible to downgrade the N910F from Lollipop (POF2) to KitKat (ANK5)?
YES, IT IS POSSIBLE.

Before yesterday I've never used KitKat on my Note4.. When I bought the phone I had no time to try it (KitKat) because I've straight rooted it and flashed a Lollipop based ROM.
Then yesterday I wanted to try a KitKat based ROM and I've lost about 30/40min looking in the forum for the answer to the question Is it possible to downgrade the N910F from Lollipop (POF2 or whatever) to KitKat (ANK5)?
I could not find a proper answer.. there was this BOF5 bootloader can not be downgraded but it was always in a "strange contest" and it did not convinced me.. after 30/40min I said ***k *t and I just performed a full wipe from TWRP, flashed ANK5 modem and bootloader via ODIN, and installed the KitKat ROM from TWRP.

Sorry for the Question/Answer but this thread may will help someone to save time.

P.S.: My KitKat adventure lasted only 10min... It looked ugly to my eyes! Went back on POF2 and now trying out AICP

When you flashed that lollipop-based rom, that was a custom rom I assume? Did it contain a bootloader? Maybe you were still on the KitKat bootloader.

_mone

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 25, 2015
London
When you flashed that lollipop-based rom, that was a custom rom I assume? Did it contain a bootloader? Maybe you were still on the KitKat bootloader.

Yes, it was a custom ROM. No, it didn't contain bootloader. No, I wasn't on the KitKat bootloader, for sure my bootloader was POF2. Trust me if I tell you that before the KitKat ROM I've flashed too many Lollipop ROMs with many Lollipop bootloaders.

utraf

Jul 17, 2015
I'm trying to do this but i fail in every action at odin with this SW rev. check fail. device 2 binary 1 in my SM-N910C and in odin its fail... ( i gets this after recovering my phone at kies after a bootloop )