N910P COG5 Tar Files. Return to stock!

Search This thread

devon411

Jun 4, 2012
Sorry I wasn't clear, i wanted to know if there was a way to stop it without having to root, it's my wife's phone and she complains about the slightest modification i make lol, last time i rooted on 5.1.1 knox kept crashing and leaving aLmost as annoying notifications. I searched for it before but could find no resolution that didnt require root. By now I can see it probably isnt possible. Thanks anyway

Last edited:

ThatGuy94

Jan 10, 2014
Atlanta
I do appreciate the tar but for a heads up, this will wipe your internal storage so either move everything to an SD card or back it up to a computer or the cloud beforehand.

Aoe316

Dec 17, 2012
Atlanta
I Odin the tar file, does that have the modem in there or do I have to flash the modem separately? I tried to Odin the modem in the op but couldn't select it as a option in Odin.

dusduv55

Jan 24, 2014
Help me please

I Originally was on Lollipop 5.1.1 and wanted to Root So i used a guide i found on galaxynote4root.com and Rooted my Sprint Note 4.(everything went smooth) I made sure to backup my files and then flashed to CM12. i did not like that ROM so i tried to restore my backup i made in TWRP. That did not work and put me on a bootloop. So i reinstalled CM12 then i downloaded Stock Firmware and tried to use Odin to Install but i get a FAIL! SW REV CHECK FAIL: [ABOOT]FUSED 4 > BINARY 1. i really hope i am not stuck with having CM12 and somebody knows how to get me back to Stock settings.THANKYOU

samep

Dec 8, 2011
I Originally was on Lollipop 5.1.1 and wanted to Root So i used a guide i found on galaxynote4root.com and Rooted my Sprint Note 4.(everything went smooth) I made sure to backup my files and then flashed to CM12. i did not like that ROM so i tried to restore my backup i made in TWRP. That did not work and put me on a bootloop. So i reinstalled CM12 then i downloaded Stock Firmware and tried to use Odin to Install but i get a FAIL! SW REV CHECK FAIL: [ABOOT]FUSED 4 > BINARY 1. i really hope i am not stuck with having CM12 and somebody knows how to get me back to Stock settings.THANKYOU
Are you flashing the correct tar? You can't go backwards from OG5. Unless you were using the OB7 bootloader on OG5, there's only one tar to Odin.

If you're flashing the correct tar, could be a bad download. Make sure you're opening the archive and dragging the tar.md5 file to Odin folder to flash. And use latest Odin from here:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51767811&postcount=1

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

dusduv55

Jan 24, 2014
Are you flashing the correct tar? You can't go backwards from OG5. Unless you were using the OB7 bootloader on OG5, there's only one tar to Odin.

If you're flashing the correct tar, could be a bad download. Make sure you're opening the archive and dragging the tar.md5 file to Odin folder to flash. And use latest Odin from here:

How do i find out what bootloader im using? can someone PM me so we can maybe exchange numbers and you can help me with getting my Note 4 back to stock. im willing to pay you for your time and help. i really just want to get back to the way my phone was before i screwed it up. thankyou

samep

Dec 8, 2011
How do i find out what bootloader im using? can someone PM me so we can maybe exchange numbers and you can help me with getting my Note 4 back to stock. im willing to pay you for your time and help. i really just want to get back to the way my phone was before i screwed it up. thankyou
Can you get into recovery? Factory reset or wipe everything but sdcard and flash the tar in post 1 of this thread.

Power down, pull battery 30 seconds, boot into download mode, flash in AP slot with Odin defaults Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time and let it boot after flash.

Still fails? You may have a bad download; download and try again.

duongdn

May 23, 2007
Can you get into recovery? Factory reset or wipe everything but sdcard and flash the tar in post 1 of this thread.

Power down, pull battery 30 seconds, boot into download mode, flash in AP slot with Odin defaults Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time and let it boot after flash.

Still fails? You may have a bad download; download and try again.

I just upgraded to the Note 5 and want to return my Note 4 back to stock. It's currently rooted on Hybrid-X 3.0, with the OB7 bootloader. Can I just connect it to Kies and restore it back to stock that way, or do I need to ODIN using the TAR from here?

Thank for you help!

samep

Dec 8, 2011
I just upgraded to the Note 5 and want to return my Note 4 back to stock. It's currently rooted on Hybrid-X 3.0, with the OB7 bootloader. Can I just connect it to Kies and restore it back to stock that way, or do I need to ODIN using the TAR from here?

Thank for you help!
If you're looking to sell it, it may be better to factory reset and Odin OB7 stock tar for resale. It would remain backwards compatible. Just my opinion.

This tar would be fine if looking to use the latest stock with bug and security fixes and upgrades. KIES may work for that. I'm thinking KIES would most likely recommend upgrade to OG5 rather than restore OB7.

samep

Dec 8, 2011
Guys, whats the md5 of the tar file?

md5 for zip is 68EC06027A3ECFE8471263256B139257 (check against zip but to use in Odin, drag the tar.md5 out of archive and place in Odin folder)

Anyone else confirm this number? I actually used the OB7 to OG5 tarball myself but IIRC, I downloaded this twice to verify same md5 number both times.

Reactions: evilboygenius

evilboygenius

Feb 2, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
md5 for zip is 68EC06027A3ECFE8471263256B139257 (check against zip but to use in Odin, drag the tar.md5 out of archive and place in Odin folder)

Anyone else confirm this number? I actually used the OB7 to OG5 tarball myself but IIRC, I downloaded this twice to verify same md5 number both times.

Just finished downloading the file. I confirm that the md5 is same as yours. Cheers!

Reactions: samep

philcox97

Jan 15, 2011
Liberty, Indiana
I have been pretty lazy in keeping up with the updates on the note 4. I'm still on NK4 and wanting to finally update to C0G5 . I'm rooted, custom recovery and custom rom. Can I just flash this tar using ODIN and be set, or do i have to unroot first? Or do I have to take a different update first?
Thanks for any input!

samep

Dec 8, 2011
I have been pretty lazy in keeping up with the updates on the note 4. I'm still on NK4 and wanting to finally update to C0G5 . I'm rooted, custom recovery and custom rom. Can I just flash this tar using ODIN and be set, or do i have to unroot first? Or do I have to take a different update first?
Thanks for any input!

Did you mean Sprint Note 4 NK2?
No need to un-root but I'd recommend backup, factory reset and data format. Wipe everything but extSdCard and power down prior to starting dismiss mode.

It's your choice whether or not to burn the bridge or not. Flashing the OTA OG5 stock tar will prevent your bootloader from downgrading back to any older one. That basically breaks Odin downgrade.

If choosing to retain Odin downgrade capability, look below for link to a tar ball by tx_dbs_tx for OB7 to OG5 to get to OG5 from OB7, keeping the OB7 bootloader but runs with OG5 system regarding the ROM. I think you have flash OB7 stock tar first.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=62274955&postcount=1

OB7 tar
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=56853325&postcount=1

Latest Odin

Here's a post that may answer any root issues with OG5
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=62241991&postcount=56

Reactions: philcox97

philcox97

Jan 15, 2011
Liberty, Indiana
Did you mean Sprint Note 4 NK2?
No need to un-root but I'd recommend backup, factory reset and data format. Wipe everything but extSdCard and power down prior to starting dismiss mode.

It's your choice whether or not to burn the bridge or not. Flashing the OTA OG5 stock tar will prevent your bootloader from downgrading back to any older one. That basically breaks Odin downgrade.

If choosing to retain Odin downgrade capability, look below for link to a tar ball by tx_dbs_tx for OB7 to OG5 to get to OG5 from OB7, keeping the OB7 bootloader but runs with OG5 system regarding the ROM. I think you have flash OB7 stock tar first.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=62274955&postcount=1

OB7 tar
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=56853325&postcount=1

Latest Odin

Here's a post that may answer any root issues with OG5
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=62241991&postcount=56

Yeah sorry Sprint. Thank you very much for the info! I have a personal record going for the longest ROM ever used, its been 10 months on the same ROM. But its time to upgrade! Thanks again!

Reactions: samep

Droid2drummer

Nov 13, 2012
Yeah sorry Sprint. Thank you very much for the info! I have a personal record going for the longest ROM ever used, its been 10 months on the same ROM. But its time to upgrade! Thanks again!

Good news is you will still be able to flash bob7 etc Roms just use freeza kernel prior to boot flash after you flash earlier rom and prior to boot. I've been running the older bob7 to keep and retain my speed and animations in stock weather when not using s6 or n5 weather ports. I find no reason for Samsung or sprint to freeze the animation in stock weather but one of them did.. I have not yet looked to see if it's able to be turned on or if it is carrier dependent or an error. But I still think it looks stupid without...

talleywilder@

Nov 3, 2015
If Running a note 5 rom on this note 4 on cog5 wikl this take me back to stock. I get it hooked up on sprint until I figure out something.. But if you day this will work I have seen you post since I started with my OG EVO... I even still have it.. My first super phone as I called it back than.. Thanks for all you help and hope you answer I'm stuck with out a phone until then..

samep

Dec 8, 2011
If Running a note 5 rom on this note 4 on cog5 wikl this take me back to stock. I get it hooked up on sprint until I figure out something.. But if you day this will work I have seen you post since I started with my OG EVO... I even still have it.. My first super phone as I called it back than.. Thanks for all you help and hope you answer I'm stuck with out a phone until then..
Yes, tar restores to stock un-rooted and may partially wipe but I'm not clear on which partitions get wiped.

I'd recommend a clean install anyway. Backup your keep sakes. Full wipe and power down, use latest Odin with default settings, let it boot and run the setup wizard and verify full function before any customization.

Are you rooting or flashing a custom ROM at some point? You'd have to Odin custom recovery; no auto reboot in Odin, pull USB and battery prior to booting directly to recovery. Rooting stock requires a custom kernel flash and SuperSU flashed in recovery but a custom ROM would include those in the ROM zip.

Top Liked Posts