AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. It is a custom ROM distribution for several high-end Android devices. The name is a play on the word kang and AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The name was sort of a joke, but it just stuck, just like our infatuation with unicorns.
We fork the source code of Android that Google puts out in the open with every major version release, and we then add the magical unicorn bytes (read: we add some of the coolest features that are both useful and make your ROM awesome).
With AOKP, you can generally do a lot more with your device than what you could do with the original firmware that came installed on it.
- All AOKP regular features
- Built on Android-8.1.0_r64 sources
Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!
Download ROM Here
Vendor image for current build - ASB1 - Download ASB1 Vendor Here
First time installing AOKP to your Note 9, or coming from another ROM:
** Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery (CWM or TWRP)
1) Copy AOKP zip, gapps zip, & ASB1 vendor img to your device
2) Boot into Recovery
3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
4) Flash ASB1 Vendor
5) Flash ROM
6) Boot up
7) Flash Gapps
8) Boot again.
For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk XX.x (whatever is most recent).
Upgrading from earlier version of AOKP:
The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.
- Screen flicker on brightness change.
- If after flashing, the ROM doesn't boot, flash the supplied boot.img.
Don't expect any support if you:
- are not running the included kernel
- have installed any mods such as Xposed!
- have modified system files
- AOSPA (Paranoid Android)