N970U and N970U1 Firmware Links Here

Search This thread

angelojaja

Dec 19, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S8+
For those who aren't already aware, N970U is the model number of all of the US carrier versions of the Note 10. The N970U1 is the model number of the same device, but sold by Samsung SIM unlocked and with no carrier bloatware. Firmware is 100% interchangeable among these models: any U or U1 firmware version can be flashed to any U or U1 device at any time, assuming that you're not trying to downgrade the bootloader. A "U to U" or "U1 to U1" flash does not require a factory reset, but changing from one firmware to the other will require one. Also, U firmware is identical for the 4 base files (AP, BL, CP, CSC) for each individual build, no matter which carrier it comes from. So if you download 2 different carrier versions of the exact same build, the 4 base files will be identical. Where the firmware differs is in the USERDATA file - that's where the carrier bloatware and customizations reside.

This is not a "beginner's guide to Odin flashing" type post/thread, so I won't list basic, step-by-step instructions. My threads are geared towards those who already know what they're doing. If you're new to manually flashing Samsung firmware, I recommend you consult one of the "beginner's" posts/threads - there are tons of them here on XDA.

Happy flashing!

U firmware: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=297977
U1 firmware: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=297978

NOTES:

- DON'T QUOTE THE OP WHEN YOU REPLY, kthx

- I have an identical thread for the Note 10+

- My zips are compressed extra small for space and bandwidth savings. The default Windows extractor can't handle it, so you'll need a 3rd party tool like 7zip, WinRAR, etc

- My naming method for folders on AFH is: build - bootloader - Android version
So "SAT - 1 - 9.0" means the full build number ends in SAT, it's bootloader version 1, and it's Android 9.0. When bootloader and Android versions increment, the first build to have those changes will have its folder notated appropriately.

- HOME CSC file keeps data intact; using the other CSC will wipe data. Flashing USERDATA will also wipe data

- I know AFH servers/mirrors can be wonky sometimes, so if you want to download the latest version of whatever firmware you're seeking yourself, you can do so via SamFirm or Frija (plenty of links and threads here on XDA). I pay for a subscription to a site that gets beta builds and also gets the official releases (usually) before they hit SamFirm, so that's where my files come from. However, I don't have unlimited bandwidth on the site, and it's also quite time consuming to download the files, zip them up, and upload them to AFH. And, I do threads like this for every single Sx and Note x model - so I won't be uploading every single update version. The only full builds that I upload are ones where I get access to a new bootloader and/or Android version early, before they hit SamFirm.

- You can get USERDATAs from SamFirm for everything but AT&T and Cricket- those files will never be on SamFirm. So I'll try to always upload at least one USERDATA per bootloader increment for those carriers, and I'll also upload any full builds if AT&T is the only carrier to get that specific build, because you won't be able to find the files anywhere else.

- For USERDATAS (all the others are self explanatory):

AIO = Cricket
CCT = Xfinity Mobile (Comcast)
CHA - Spectrum Mobile (Charter)
TMK = Metro PCS

- the correct procedure for switching from one carrier's firmware to another is:
1. Flash full U1 firmware package including non HOME CSC
2. Upon boot, insert a SIM of the carrier whose firmware you want
3. Watch for the popup that says "reboot to apply new carrier settings" etc, and do it
4. After that restart completes, reboot back to Download mode and flash the full U firmware package, with the USERDATA file of the carrier whose firmware you want
hi, i need to know how to quit mdm lock on n970u, cause i haves t-mobile version but i can`t broke the lock,, i can`t install apk and i can`t enable usb debugging, and the phone is already paid

InMoment1

May 26, 2017
I've just got refurbished and unlocked Note 10 (my second one, although this one says SM-N970U while the other one says SM-N970U1) but unfortunately, this new one has T-mobile logo and T-mobile apps and since that tilts me I would like to remove them. If I understood, with this firmware, I could remove them. I tried with the N970U1 firmware from the OP and 3 different Odin versions (download mode on the phone, BL/AP/CP/CSC loaded, USERDATA empty) but it didn't work with none of the 3 versions:

1. <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 0)

2. FAIL! Model mismatch fail
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

3. Devinfo
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Maybe problem is that this firmware that I am trying to install is too old (I see it's from 2019)? Is there a newer firmware version?

Thank you!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those who aren't already aware, N970U is the model number of all of the US carrier versions of the Note 10. The N970U1 is the model number of the same device, but sold by Samsung SIM unlocked and with no carrier bloatware. Firmware is 100% interchangeable among these models: any U or U1 firmware version can be flashed to any U or U1 device at any time, assuming that you're not trying to downgrade the bootloader. A "U to U" or "U1 to U1" flash does not require a factory reset, but changing from one firmware to the other will require one. Also, U firmware is identical for the 4 base files (AP, BL, CP, CSC) for each individual build, no matter which carrier it comes from. So if you download 2 different carrier versions of the exact same build, the 4 base files will be identical. Where the firmware differs is in the USERDATA file - that's where the carrier bloatware and customizations reside.

This is not a "beginner's guide to Odin flashing" type post/thread, so I won't list basic, step-by-step instructions. My threads are geared towards those who already know what they're doing. If you're new to manually flashing Samsung firmware, I recommend you consult one of the "beginner's" posts/threads - there are tons of them here on XDA.

Happy flashing!

U firmware: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=297977
    U1 firmware: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=297978

NOTES:

- DON'T QUOTE THE OP WHEN YOU REPLY, kthx

- I have an identical thread for the Note 10+

- My zips are compressed extra small for space and bandwidth savings. The default Windows extractor can't handle it, so you'll need a 3rd party tool like 7zip, WinRAR, etc

- My naming method for folders on AFH is: build - bootloader - Android version
    So "SAT - 1 - 9.0" means the full build number ends in SAT, it's bootloader version 1, and it's Android 9.0. When bootloader and Android versions increment, the first build to have those changes will have its folder notated appropriately.

- HOME CSC file keeps data intact; using the other CSC will wipe data. Flashing USERDATA will also wipe data

- I know AFH servers/mirrors can be wonky sometimes, so if you want to download the latest version of whatever firmware you're seeking yourself, you can do so via SamFirm or Frija (plenty of links and threads here on XDA). I pay for a subscription to a site that gets beta builds and also gets the official releases (usually) before they hit SamFirm, so that's where my files come from. However, I don't have unlimited bandwidth on the site, and it's also quite time consuming to download the files, zip them up, and upload them to AFH. And, I do threads like this for every single Sx and Note x model - so I won't be uploading every single update version. The only full builds that I upload are ones where I get access to a new bootloader and/or Android version early, before they hit SamFirm.

- You can get USERDATAs from SamFirm for everything but AT&T and Cricket- those files will never be on SamFirm. So I'll try to always upload at least one USERDATA per bootloader increment for those carriers, and I'll also upload any full builds if AT&T is the only carrier to get that specific build, because you won't be able to find the files anywhere else.

- For USERDATAS (all the others are self explanatory):

AIO = Cricket
    CCT = Xfinity Mobile (Comcast)
    CHA - Spectrum Mobile (Charter)
    TMK = Metro PCS

- the correct procedure for switching from one carrier's firmware to another is:
    1. Flash full U1 firmware package including non HOME CSC
    2. Upon boot, insert a SIM of the carrier whose firmware you want
    3. Watch for the popup that says "reboot to apply new carrier settings" etc, and do it
    4. After that restart completes, reboot back to Download mode and flash the full U firmware package, with the USERDATA file of the carrier whose firmware you want
    Yep not sure how that happened.

But it worked!!!!!!!! do you have a donate button??!?!??!??

Thanks man I owe you big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not per se. You can mash the Thanks button though :)
    Wonder if we need another Odin version or the regular 3.13/or Patched would work
    Existing 3.13 3B Patched Odin will work fine
    I have an AT&T Locked Note 10, has anyone tried to upgrade to U1 with no issues/side effects afterward?

out of curiosity, If I flash this regardless of lock status can I put another simcard and use it? would at&t network notice this and end my contract? U1 probably has free access to hotspot feature, right?
    U1 will give you hotspot without the feature check that AT&T software has but you'll lose wifi calling and VoLTE. You won't be Sim unlocked with just flashing the firmware. Also AT&T won't terminate service regardless of firmware

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    same as before... sorry for whatever reason they uploaded sideways
    That's an Odin error - you're not using the right version. The correct version should say "Odin 3B Patched DONATE TO 3B EFFORT" down in the lower left corner. I don't think I've ever seen a version that gives a URL like that