N970U and N970U1 Firmware Links Here

Search This thread

iBowToAndroid

Account currently disabled
Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
For those who aren't already aware, N970U is the model number of all of the US carrier versions of the Note 10. The N970U1 is the model number of the same device, but sold by Samsung SIM unlocked and with no carrier bloatware. Firmware is 100% interchangeable among these models: any U or U1 firmware version can be flashed to any U or U1 device at any time, assuming that you're not trying to downgrade the bootloader. A "U to U" or "U1 to U1" flash does not require a factory reset, but changing from one firmware to the other will require one. Also, U firmware is identical for the 4 base files (AP, BL, CP, CSC) for each individual build, no matter which carrier it comes from. So if you download 2 different carrier versions of the exact same build, the 4 base files will be identical. Where the firmware differs is in the USERDATA file - that's where the carrier bloatware and customizations reside.

This is not a "beginner's guide to Odin flashing" type post/thread, so I won't list basic, step-by-step instructions. My threads are geared towards those who already know what they're doing. If you're new to manually flashing Samsung firmware, I recommend you consult one of the "beginner's" posts/threads - there are tons of them here on XDA.

Happy flashing!

U firmware: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=297977
U1 firmware: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=297978

NOTES:

- DON'T QUOTE THE OP WHEN YOU REPLY, kthx

- I have an identical thread for the Note 10+

- My zips are compressed extra small for space and bandwidth savings. The default Windows extractor can't handle it, so you'll need a 3rd party tool like 7zip, WinRAR, etc

- My naming method for folders on AFH is: build - bootloader - Android version
So "SAT - 1 - 9.0" means the full build number ends in SAT, it's bootloader version 1, and it's Android 9.0. When bootloader and Android versions increment, the first build to have those changes will have its folder notated appropriately.

- HOME CSC file keeps data intact; using the other CSC will wipe data. Flashing USERDATA will also wipe data

- I know AFH servers/mirrors can be wonky sometimes, so if you want to download the latest version of whatever firmware you're seeking yourself, you can do so via SamFirm or Frija (plenty of links and threads here on XDA). I pay for a subscription to a site that gets beta builds and also gets the official releases (usually) before they hit SamFirm, so that's where my files come from. However, I don't have unlimited bandwidth on the site, and it's also quite time consuming to download the files, zip them up, and upload them to AFH. And, I do threads like this for every single Sx and Note x model - so I won't be uploading every single update version. The only full builds that I upload are ones where I get access to a new bootloader and/or Android version early, before they hit SamFirm.

- You can get USERDATAs from SamFirm for everything but AT&T and Cricket- those files will never be on SamFirm. So I'll try to always upload at least one USERDATA per bootloader increment for those carriers, and I'll also upload any full builds if AT&T is the only carrier to get that specific build, because you won't be able to find the files anywhere else.

- For USERDATAS (all the others are self explanatory):

AIO = Cricket
CCT = Xfinity Mobile (Comcast)
CHA - Spectrum Mobile (Charter)
TMK = Metro PCS

- the correct procedure for switching from one carrier's firmware to another is:
1. Flash full U1 firmware package including non HOME CSC
2. Upon boot, insert a SIM of the carrier whose firmware you want
3. Watch for the popup that says "reboot to apply new carrier settings" etc, and do it
4. After that restart completes, reboot back to Download mode and flash the full U firmware package, with the USERDATA file of the carrier whose firmware you want

Last edited:

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
Firmware is now available via SamFirm and Frija, but manual entry is required in a lot more cases than previous models. Hopefully that's just because the phone technically doesn't release until Friday, and that they change that on Friday or soon after.

Manual entry is currently required for VZW, CHA, and TMB U firmware, and for all carriers/regions/CSCs of U1 firmware

Reactions: redneckben

Charkatak

Aug 11, 2012
WA
Firmware is now available via SamFirm and Frija, but manual entry is required in a lot more cases than previous models. Hopefully that's just because the phone technically doesn't release until Friday, and that they change that on Friday or soon after.

Manual entry is currently required for VZW, CHA, and TMB U firmware, and for all carriers/regions/CSCs of U1 firmware

Thanks for the links. I wonder if my Note10 tomorrow will get a software update out of the box.

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
Thanks for the links. I wonder if my Note10 tomorrow will get a software update out of the box.
I only saw the news about the Verizon models getting updated. Theoretically that means that Xfinity and Charter should also have updates, since they all get the same updates at the same time. Not sure about any other models yet

Charkatak

Aug 11, 2012
WA
I only saw the news about the Verizon models getting updated. Theoretically that means that Xfinity and Charter should also have updates, since they all get the same updates at the same time. Not sure about any other models yet

By the way, I did use manual entry in SamFirm to find TMB firmware and download it. As a rule of thumb, I usually don't flash my phones right away after getting it, as I want to make sure that it isn't defective :)
Wonder if we need another Odin version or the regular 3.13/or Patched would work

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
Cool, my PC is ready and setup for Note10 :) Any idea if XAA firmware and the carrier's firmware are within the range/build date to allowing flashing? As I know the downgrade usually fails.
You can't downgrade if there's only one software version that's been released so far - there's nothing to downgrade to.

But even if it's months or years down the road, the flash will only fail if you're trying to downgrade bootloaders. As long as you operate within the same bootloader, you can flash anything you want

Last edited:

Charkatak

Aug 11, 2012
WA
SamFirm shows this firmware for TMB: N970USQU1ASH4 and I checked U1(XAA) as well and they are the same

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN

Looks like everything is back to normal, in SamFirm. Manual entry is now only required for VZW U firmware, as has traditionally been the case. Also, if you type in an older version for VZW, it will automatically give you the newest version, if there is one. So you don't have to always know the exact newest version - entering in the correct details of any previous version should always trigger the newest one.

Also, SH4 is now showing as the newest build for U1, T-Mobile, and Verizon. Spectrum gets SH5 (no idea why), and Sprint is still back on SGO.

Charkatak

Aug 11, 2012
WA
Looks like everything is back to normal, in SamFirm. Manual entry is now only required for VZW U firmware, as has traditionally been the case. Also, if you type in an older version for VZW, it will automatically give you the newest version, if there is one. So you don't have to always know the exact newest version - entering in the correct details of any previous version should always trigger the newest one.

Also, SH4 is now showing as the newest build for U1, T-Mobile, and Verizon. Spectrum gets SH5 (no idea why), and Sprint is still back on SGO.

Received my Note 10 U1, tested it on original firmware XAA(build: ASGO) and just now completed flashing to T-MO without updating to ASH4 build and want the phone to find and update firmware to see if OTA works. To get to download mode, I needed to press Vol + and - and power and the same time.

Flashed 5 files: BL, AP, CP, regular CSC and USERDATA. Device shows T-Mobile logo at boot, has Advanced Messaging, Video Call and I don't see any bloatware except for couple of T-Mo apps.

Went through setup and was able to get new OTA with August 1 patch(screenshot)

Attachments

• test.PNG
    test.PNG
    103.3 KB · Views: 900
Last edited:

cubano2031

Jul 9, 2011
Wow great job! Can I get the link for the 10+ ...

I have the unlocked one but I have att and the only way to get wifi calling is flashing the U firmware

redneckben

Dec 29, 2010
Received my Note 10 U1, tested it on original firmware XAA(build: ASGO) and just now completed flashing to T-MO without updating to ASH4 build and want the phone to find and update firmware to see if OTA works. To get to download mode, I needed to press Vol + and - and power and the same time.

Flashed 5 files: BL, AP, CP, regular CSC and USERDATA. Device shows T-Mobile logo at boot, has Advanced Messaging, Video Call and I don't see any bloatware except for couple of T-Mo apps.

Went through setup and was able to get new OTA with August 1 patch(screenshot)

Quick question, did your provider codes change? I flashed the Verizon files and am still stuck on XAA? Any help would be appreciated.

Charkatak

Aug 11, 2012
WA
Quick question, did your provider codes change? I flashed the Verizon files and am still stuck on XAA? Any help would be appreciated.

Initially, before I put in TMB sim, phone was on XAA/XAA/XAA. Now after all was said and done, my phone shows TMB/TMB/XAA. Make sure you put in the sim when you get the phone and when it has original firmware, so it can apply sim carrier's settings. Then you can flash and get the results that you need.

redneckben

Dec 29, 2010
Initially, before I put in TMB sim, phone was on XAA/XAA/XAA. Now after all was said and done, my phone shows TMB/TMB/XAA. Make sure you put in the sim when you get the phone and when it has original firmware, so it can apply sim carrier's settings. Then you can flash and get the results that you need.

Thanks man I'll give that a shot.

redneckben

Dec 29, 2010
@iBowToAndroid It states in the op that these models are all interchangeable. I have a U1 and flashed it to vzw U now when I try to Flash back to U1 it fails and says model mismatch???? Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
@iBowToAndroid It states in the op that these models are all interchangeable. I have a U1 and flashed it to vzw U now when I try to Flash back to U1 it fails and says model mismatch???? Any help would be appreciated.
That's not much information.

1. What's the current U build?

2. Which U1 build are you trying to flash?

3. Where do you get that error exactly?

4. What Odin version are you using?

5. Do you get any other errors, either in Odin or on the phone itself?

redneckben

Dec 29, 2010
That's not much information.

1. What's the current U build?

2. Which U1 build are you trying to flash?

3. Where do you get that error exactly?

4. What Odin version are you using?

5. Do you get any other errors, either in Odin or on the phone itself?

Sorry, the phone was purchased as a unlocked version from samsung, model number SM-N970UZSAXAA/SM-970U1 is what the box says.

1. N970USQU1AHS4 is the build that I was able to flash. And the actual problem is that I had a brain fart and didn't read your simple instructions and instead of booting the phone first I opened the box and flashed the firmware. The issue I am having is my "Service provider SW ver. is stuck at XAA/XAA/XAA and I'm trying to get it to switch to VZW.

2. N970U1UEU1ASH4 I looked at all the n970u1 firmwares on samfirm and this was the only one that had XAA.

3. After I load the files into their locations and hit start it checks the files and the fails on the 4th step, I can run it again and find out exactly if you'd like.

4. 3.13.1 patched I believe.

5. None

I may be taking the wrong route to answer my problem. I really need help with getting it to show the right service provider code VZW.

Thank you for your help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those who aren't already aware, N970U is the model number of all of the US carrier versions of the Note 10. The N970U1 is the model number of the same device, but sold by Samsung SIM unlocked and with no carrier bloatware. Firmware is 100% interchangeable among these models: any U or U1 firmware version can be flashed to any U or U1 device at any time, assuming that you're not trying to downgrade the bootloader. A "U to U" or "U1 to U1" flash does not require a factory reset, but changing from one firmware to the other will require one. Also, U firmware is identical for the 4 base files (AP, BL, CP, CSC) for each individual build, no matter which carrier it comes from. So if you download 2 different carrier versions of the exact same build, the 4 base files will be identical. Where the firmware differs is in the USERDATA file - that's where the carrier bloatware and customizations reside.

This is not a "beginner's guide to Odin flashing" type post/thread, so I won't list basic, step-by-step instructions. My threads are geared towards those who already know what they're doing. If you're new to manually flashing Samsung firmware, I recommend you consult one of the "beginner's" posts/threads - there are tons of them here on XDA.

Happy flashing!

U firmware: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=297977
    U1 firmware: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=297978

NOTES:

- DON'T QUOTE THE OP WHEN YOU REPLY, kthx

- I have an identical thread for the Note 10+

- My zips are compressed extra small for space and bandwidth savings. The default Windows extractor can't handle it, so you'll need a 3rd party tool like 7zip, WinRAR, etc

- My naming method for folders on AFH is: build - bootloader - Android version
    So "SAT - 1 - 9.0" means the full build number ends in SAT, it's bootloader version 1, and it's Android 9.0. When bootloader and Android versions increment, the first build to have those changes will have its folder notated appropriately.

- HOME CSC file keeps data intact; using the other CSC will wipe data. Flashing USERDATA will also wipe data

- I know AFH servers/mirrors can be wonky sometimes, so if you want to download the latest version of whatever firmware you're seeking yourself, you can do so via SamFirm or Frija (plenty of links and threads here on XDA). I pay for a subscription to a site that gets beta builds and also gets the official releases (usually) before they hit SamFirm, so that's where my files come from. However, I don't have unlimited bandwidth on the site, and it's also quite time consuming to download the files, zip them up, and upload them to AFH. And, I do threads like this for every single Sx and Note x model - so I won't be uploading every single update version. The only full builds that I upload are ones where I get access to a new bootloader and/or Android version early, before they hit SamFirm.

- You can get USERDATAs from SamFirm for everything but AT&T and Cricket- those files will never be on SamFirm. So I'll try to always upload at least one USERDATA per bootloader increment for those carriers, and I'll also upload any full builds if AT&T is the only carrier to get that specific build, because you won't be able to find the files anywhere else.

- For USERDATAS (all the others are self explanatory):

AIO = Cricket
    CCT = Xfinity Mobile (Comcast)
    CHA - Spectrum Mobile (Charter)
    TMK = Metro PCS

- the correct procedure for switching from one carrier's firmware to another is:
    1. Flash full U1 firmware package including non HOME CSC
    2. Upon boot, insert a SIM of the carrier whose firmware you want
    3. Watch for the popup that says "reboot to apply new carrier settings" etc, and do it
    4. After that restart completes, reboot back to Download mode and flash the full U firmware package, with the USERDATA file of the carrier whose firmware you want
    Yep not sure how that happened.

But it worked!!!!!!!! do you have a donate button??!?!??!??

Thanks man I owe you big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not per se. You can mash the Thanks button though :)
    Wonder if we need another Odin version or the regular 3.13/or Patched would work
    Existing 3.13 3B Patched Odin will work fine
    I have an AT&T Locked Note 10, has anyone tried to upgrade to U1 with no issues/side effects afterward?

out of curiosity, If I flash this regardless of lock status can I put another simcard and use it? would at&t network notice this and end my contract? U1 probably has free access to hotspot feature, right?
    U1 will give you hotspot without the feature check that AT&T software has but you'll lose wifi calling and VoLTE. You won't be Sim unlocked with just flashing the firmware. Also AT&T won't terminate service regardless of firmware

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    same as before... sorry for whatever reason they uploaded sideways
    That's an Odin error - you're not using the right version. The correct version should say "Odin 3B Patched DONATE TO 3B EFFORT" down in the lower left corner. I don't think I've ever seen a version that gives a URL like that