N971N has a strange problem about S Pen

Search This thread

Özden Özdemir

Dec 19, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Note 10
Hello XDA community, My n971n device has a strange problem about S Pen. The S pen is writing nearly 15 mm below from where it should be at the top of the screen. When I hover the s pen from the bottom to the top of the screen it's starting at the normal position at the bottom of the sreen with no distance. Then the distance between the pointer and the tip of the s pen is increasing gradually from the bottom to the top of the screen. The last Quick command menu item at the bottom of the screen is also out of screen. The touch function without the s pen is normal. I feel that the shell application using a bigger sreen rate such as note 10+ screen when using the s pen. I tried with a friend's normally working s pen with my Note 10 and the result is the same. So the s pen is not to be blamed and the problem is about the shell application I think. Factory reset did not solved the problem. I have root access and I am thinking to reset or delete and reinstall the shell application about s pen but I don't know where to find it. Any help highly appreciated.

Özden Özdemir

Dec 19, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Note 10
Hello, thank you for the solution you forwarded. It worked wery well! Now the s pen is pointing and writing as it should be. However the Quick lauch menu is the same. Only the half of the last icon at the bottom which is a plus icon adding items to the menu can be seen. And another issue is s pen disconnected and never connecting again. I tried to reset many times bu not connecting. Is there a solution for this too?

Last edited: