• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

N9750/DS (dual Sim) exynos chip, flash tmo csc?

Search This thread

spoter

Nov 4, 2018
In About Phone under Software Information. Here's mine. It was originally a BRI device but I flashed the TGY CSC on it hence is says TGY, TGY, TGY, BRI. Wifi calling and VOLTE work on either CSC.

Thanks for your info :)
Please tell me, what it's different between BRI vs TGY?

Which one CSC it's better for samsung note 10 sm-n9750? Which one is more "universal" and have more compatible functions?

revized

May 30, 2009
united sins of america
Sorry for such a noobed question. Since I am already rooted, I attempted to flash the TGY file with Odin thinking I could do this without needing to erase everything and rootagain but Odin failed. So do I need to wipe the data and cashe 3 times and start over from the beginning to get TGY working?
Thanks

They are both pretty much the same. I would flash TGY (Hong Kong).

ajsmsg78

Dec 6, 2008
Selden, NY
Huawei MediaPad X2
Huawei Mate 9
Sorry for such a noobed question. Since I am already rooted, I attempted to flash the TGY file with Odin thinking I could do this without needing to erase everything and rootagain but Odin failed. So do I need to wipe the data and cashe 3 times and start over from the beginning to get TGY working?
Thanks

Did you used the patched Odin?

SantinoInc

Jun 19, 2010
NYC
hi,

how is your experience in term of data connection with Note 10+ exynos on T-Mobile network ? when i check details specification of Note 10+ exynos (N975f) on sammobile, it is missing a lot some of T-Mobile's LTE radio frequencies, https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-note-10-plus/specs/SM-N975F/ . even way less than Note 8 exynos LTE bands :(.

is information on sammobile site incorrect or am i looking at wrong place ? :confused:

thank you !

https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/US/samsung-galaxy-note10-plus

It's missing TONS of US LTE bands! I never realized that...I have owned 2 or 3 exynos but will never buy them again!

ajsmsg78

Dec 6, 2008
Selden, NY
Huawei MediaPad X2
Huawei Mate 9

revized

May 30, 2009
united sins of america

Attachments

• 20191105_125655.jpg
    20191105_125655.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 71

revized

May 30, 2009
united sins of america
Same thing happens with com 1 :(
Tried using normal odin

Yeah...in my experience that's your issue.
Change the com assignment to a lower com port number 1-5 preferably and try again with basic odin (non modded)

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

***Device Manager (pc)
Modem, port tab, advanced settings and select a new port assignment

Attachments

• 2019_11_06_13.20.31.jpg
    2019_11_06_13.20.31.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 65

revized

May 30, 2009
united sins of america
Ok That was my original question on this thread, I since I had already rooted I asked if I needed to flash the complete rom again and root again or if I could just flash the csc.

Update:

Tried to flash the complete rom TGY and froze at alb.elf. (only tried using the patched odin)
Just to confirm that your using TGY on a sm-n975f (note 10 +) correct? You were able to successfully flash the TGY that is for the SM-N9750 (note 10) (usa) and use it on a SM-N975f?

So I think I am asking for the TGY file but for a note 10 +. That may be why it's failing because I am trying to put a note 10 file on a note 10 +?

I noticed the thread is for note 10 but it in the note 10 + section.
(Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ Questions & Answers N9750/DS (dual Sim) exynos chip, flash tmo csc? by twe90kid)
Yeah...in my experience that's your issue.
Change the com assignment to a lower com port number 1-5 preferably and try again with basic odin (non modded)

***Device Manager (pc)
Modem, port tab, advanced settings and select a new port assignment

Looks like you are trying to flash only the csc tar....i believe you need to also be flashing the other elements....CP, AP etc

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I used the normal Odin like I used to root because, I think the patched comsy version does not have a csc button to push, should I be using a different patched Odin, if so please let me know what version?

This is the newest patched Odin.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4446947
    :
    on my Note8 n950fd/s, wifi calling & HD calling (VoLTE) work fine after CSC mod using tekhd CSC DETONATOR INT, tested on t-mobile and their relevant MVNOs (Metro, Simple). so it is just a matter of CSC configuration, isn't it ?

Not just CSC config. If you look at his pack (his is what got me started on the N variant patch I made for the Note 8) there are a few Tmobile system apps that are taken from a US Tmobile rom. The only difference between the F and N in that sense (and the reason his zip wouldn't work on N devices) was that the F had a couple general vowifi files that were absent on the N, and for some reason the N's included digital TV system interfered with the VPN connection that Tmobile wifi calling creates. My N patch basically took the CSC files, the same Tmobile files as TeKHD's patch and those additional framework binaries which were already present in F firmware and deleted the Korean TV thing to stop it from blocking the wifi calling connection.

I am guessing if Samsung can have their way, they would push their Exynos chipset everywhere but due to carrier restrictions they end up having Qualcomm in the US and China. I just wish they did all Qualcomm phones like Sony and have carrier aggregation tables from all of the regions available. I believe this is also a problem with iPhone as well but its less relevant for US users - iPhone that can do band 71 does not cover band 28, and only the HK version of the iPhone have physical dual sim.

The good news is that T-Mobile just recently open up their VoLTE, VoWifi to unlocked international so there is no need to jump through hoops (root and flashing CSC) to get those services. Just hoping AT&T would follow before they shutdown their 3G network.

The reason they don't bring it here is that their exynos modem doesn't support CDMA (Verizon and sprint), whereas Qualcomm's do. Most of the world runs on GSM but since we've moved on to LTE and 5G hopefully this will no longer be an issue in the future.

Also, Tmobile didn't ever have those locked. My Note 8 got VoLTE stock, just no wifi calling for the above mentioned reason. Also for that reason you still need the Tmobile CSC patches to add those missing software pieces even on Pie.
    On the Note 10 + (SM-N9750/DS) VOLTE and WiFi Calling work on the stock CSC (BRI or TGY).
    Ok thanks for letting me know bro!
    Sorry But I just looked through the CSC list and did not see anything listed that contains the phrase (BRI OR TGY)

Sorry I am such and noob and probably do not know what your referring to, ok

I noticed that a few the oem csc have (t-mobile) none are English would anyone of these still work? I am assuming yes, especially because before I put the Brazilian csc I remember glancing at the current firmware that was on the phone and it was not t-mobile, I don't remember exactly I think it was UK Vodafone and it still worked until I got to Brazil I suppose it started to malfunction because I did not have a Brazilian Sim card to use :confused: lol

In About Phone under Software Information. Here's mine. It was originally a BRI device but I flashed the TGY CSC on it hence is says TGY, TGY, TGY, BRI. Wifi calling and VOLTE work on either CSC.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Hmmmmmm. But on sammobile I still do not see TGY OR BRI :confused:

May I please ask one last question, where did you get this csc file from?

https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-note-10-plus/firmware/SM-N9750/