N975U and N975U1 Firmware Links Here

Search This thread

Darklandscape

Jun 19, 2021
Hello I am trying to learn about this.
If you flash a u1 firmware on U model, do you then need to install the u1 specific rom onto it?

A.I.M

May 23, 2016
Sorry for my questions here, they might be answered before through the 102 pages but my vision is not so well and keep staring at the screen for long time hurts them alot,

I got a Note10+ plus 512GB none 5G from AT&T, its paid of and I got the unlock code for it and now its unlocked, I am used always to get the officially unlock version from Samsung so I don't need to go through any steps, I know here you are mentioning that the hardware for all carriers are the same so its fine to replace the firmware with other carriers but I have couple of specific questions if you don't mind answering them :

- Is the firmware for the 256 and 512 and the 5G and none 5G the same ? for me kinda doesn't make sense as the hardware is different, however Samsung may include the whole package in one but I need to confirm this.

- If the swappable firmware is possible, I couldnt fine here or at Sam Mobile a firmware that is dedicated to and came from the Officially Unlocked phones ( SIM Free ).

What I want is to flash my phone with the official unlocked firmware version of the 512GB which suppose to be for the model N975U1 to get rid of the carrier logo and apps as I understood
Finally my phone updated itself to the android 10 but not the 11, the Baseband Version is N975USQS4CTG1 ( attached photo ),
I noticed when I compare it to my other officially unlocked Note 9 is this one include a line of " Service Provider Software Version " which make sense where all the bloatware comes from.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Note10+ 512GB ATT.jpg
    Note10+ 512GB ATT.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

iBowToAndroid

Account currently disabled
Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
- Is the firmware for the 256 and 512 and the 5G and none 5G the same ? for me kinda doesn't make sense as the hardware is different, however Samsung may include the whole package in one but I need to confirm this.

- If the swappable firmware is possible, I couldnt fine here or at Sam Mobile a firmware that is dedicated to and came from the Officially Unlocked phones ( SIM Free ).

What I want is to flash my phone with the official unlocked firmware version of the 512GB which suppose to be for the model N975U1 to get rid of the carrier logo and apps as I understood
Finally my phone updated itself to the android 10 but not the 11, the Baseband Version is N975USQS4CTG1 ( attached photo ),
I noticed when I compare it to my other officially unlocked Note 9 is this one include a line of " Service Provider Software Version " which make sense where all the bloatware comes from.
Thanks in advance
1. Storage size doesn't matter when it comes to firmware. There aren't different firmwares for different storage sizes

2. The 5G Note 10+ has a totally different model number. So yes, that's totally different firmware.

3. Yes, SamMobile definitely has N975U1 firmware. And the OP also states that you can get it via Frija or the other similar various Samsung firmware download tools

Reactions: A.I.M

A.I.M

May 23, 2016
1. Storage size doesn't matter when it comes to firmware. There aren't different firmwares for different storage sizes

2. The 5G Note 10+ has a totally different model number. So yes, that's totally different firmware.

3. Yes, SamMobile definitely has N975U1 firmware. And the OP also states that you can get it via Frija or the other similar various Samsung firmware download tools
Thanks for the quick reply,
I never heard about Frija before, I used to use ODIN years ago,
I checked the Frija and it doesn't find any update, See photo
I tried with my other older note and it shows the same.

Sam Mobile have lots of Firmware that is not know to cover which version of carrier, There are many "USA" and "Unknown", I may assume the USA is for the unlocked ones but can't risk bricking my phone, See attached photo or check the link
https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-note-10-plus/firmware/#SM-N975U1

Can you kindly lead me to the right Official Unlocked Firmware that can be installed on my current Baseband Version ?

Attachments

• Frija SM-N975U CSC OYN Result.png
    Frija SM-N975U CSC OYN Result.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 87
  • Sam Mobile SM-N975U1 Firmware Resutl.png
    Sam Mobile SM-N975U1 Firmware Resutl.png
    343.8 KB · Views: 85

A.I.M

May 23, 2016
Move over as i am here as well, definitely will see me adding Odin files as well, preordered 3 AT&T Note10 Plus 512, 256 GB lol. Scheduled for Wednesday delivery, got my FedEx tracking.

Sent from my SM-N960U using XDA Labs
Did you flash them with the Offically Unlocked Firmware ?, If you did so, Can you kindly share with me which one you used ?
I have the same exact model and want to get rid of the logo and all ATT Apps.
My phone version as below in the photo.

Attachments

• Note10+ 512GB ATT.jpg
    Note10+ 512GB ATT.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 52

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
Thanks for the quick reply,
I never heard about Frija before, I used to use ODIN years ago,
I checked the Frija and it doesn't find any update, See photo
I tried with my other older note and it shows the same.

Sam Mobile have lots of Firmware that is not know to cover which version of carrier, There are many "USA" and "Unknown", I may assume the USA is for the unlocked ones but can't risk bricking my phone, See attached photo or check the link
https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-note-10-plus/firmware/#SM-N975U1

Can you kindly lead me to the right Official Unlocked Firmware that can be installed on my current Baseband Version ?
N975U + OYN isn't a valid model + CSC combination. And you want N975U1 anyways.

What you need to enter is N975U1 + XAA

Martins222

Feb 27, 2021
Nobody here is ready to patiently help a beginner. I need to upgrade my Samsung Galaxy note 10+ ATT from android 10 October 2020 security patch to android 11. I would prefer to flash it a firmware that can remove all Att bootloaders or so. Somebody should guide me please

Martins222

Feb 27, 2021
Please should I flash my Samsung galaxy note 10+ Att unlocked with SM-N975U 'USC' or with SM-N975U1 'XAA'? Both from samfirm? I am in Africa and ota is not available and my phone is still running on Android 10? Please my helper should locate me pleaseeeeeeeee

PersonZ

Jun 8, 2012
So I have a quick question. I already know how to do this stuff for the most part. I'm honestly still surprised that this version of the phone is basically stuck without much development because Samsung has kept the bootloader under lock an key.

Anyways, I have a N975U that I assume has the sprint firmware in Canada, and its straight up loosing its **** every hour or so saying " looking for sprint connection " Works just fine on the Roger network except for for every hour on the hour.

So I figured I would try flashing the N975U1 firmware to see if this would stop this from happening but looking on the Galaxy Firmware site I am not sure which one to download. It lists all kinds of variants to the firmware like USC, SPR, XAA ect.

Is there a specific one I should download that is not attached to a carrier?

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
So I have a quick question. I already know how to do this stuff for the most part. I'm honestly still surprised that this version of the phone is basically stuck without much development because Samsung has kept the bootloader under lock an key.

Anyways, I have a N975U that I assume has the sprint firmware in Canada, and its straight up loosing its **** every hour or so saying " looking for sprint connection " Works just fine on the Roger network except for for every hour on the hour.

So I figured I would try flashing the N975U1 firmware to see if this would stop this from happening but looking on the Galaxy Firmware site I am not sure which one to download. It lists all kinds of variants to the firmware like USC, SPR, XAA ect.

Is there a specific one I should download that is not attached to a carrier?
None of them are "attached" to a carrier. U1 firmware is made in "preconfigured" versions that have optimizations for best performance on that specific carrier's network. If you want plain U1 firmware with no optimizations, that's XAA

Reactions: PersonZ

Javier19911

Dec 16, 2021
For those who aren't already aware, N975U is the model number of all of the US carrier versions of the Note 10+. The N975U1 is the model number of the same device, but sold by Samsung SIM unlocked and with no carrier bloatware. Firmware is 100% interchangeable among these models: any U or U1 firmware version can be flashed to any U or U1 device at any time, assuming that you're not trying to downgrade the bootloader. A "U to U" or "U1 to U1" flash does not require a factory reset, but changing from one firmware to the other will require one. Also, U firmware is identical for the 4 base files (AP, BL, CP, CSC) for each individual build, no matter which carrier it comes from. So if you download 2 different carrier versions of the exact same build, the 4 base files will be identical. Where the firmware differs is in the USERDATA file - that's where the carrier bloatware and customizations reside.

This is not a "beginner's guide to Odin flashing" type post/thread, so I won't list basic, step-by-step flashing instructions. My threads are geared towards those who already know what they're doing. If you're new to manually flashing Samsung firmware, I recommend you consult one of the "beginner's" posts/threads - there are tons of them here on XDA.

Happy flashing!

U firmware: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=297979
U1 firmware: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=297980

NOTES:

- DON'T QUOTE THE OP WHEN YOU REPLY, kthx :)

- I have an identical thread for the Note 10 if you're interested

- My zips are compressed extra small for space and bandwidth savings. The default Windows extractor can't handle it, so you'll need a 3rd party tool like 7zip, WinRAR, etc

- My naming method for folders on AFH is: build - bootloader - Android version
So "SAT - 1 - 9.0" means the full build number ends in SAT, it's bootloader version 1, and it's Android 9.0. When bootloader and Android versions increment, the first build to have those changes will have its folder notated appropriately.

- HOME CSC file keeps data intact; using the other CSC will wipe data. Flashing USERDATA will also wipe data

- Sé que los servidores / espejos de AFH a veces pueden ser inestables, por lo que si desea descargar la última versión de cualquier firmware que esté buscando, puede hacerlo a través de SamFirm o Frija (muchos enlaces e hilos aquí en XDA). Pago por una suscripción a un sitio que obtiene versiones beta y también obtiene los lanzamientos oficiales (generalmente) antes de que lleguen a SamFirm, así que de ahí provienen mis archivos. Sin embargo, no tengo ancho de banda ilimitado en el sitio, y también lleva bastante tiempo descargar los archivos, comprimirlos y subirlos a AFH. Y hago subprocesos como este para cada modelo Sx y Note x, por lo que no cargaré todas las versiones de actualización. Las únicas compilaciones completas que subo son aquellas en las que obtengo acceso a un nuevo cargador de arranque y / o versión de Android antes de que lleguen a SamFirm.

- Puede obtener DATOS DE USUARIO de SamFirm para todo menos AT&T y Cricket; esos archivos nunca estarán en SamFirm. Así que intentaré cargar siempre al menos un USERDATA por incremento de cargador de arranque para esos operadores, y también cargaré las compilaciones completas si AT&T es el único proveedor que obtiene esa compilación específica, porque no podrás encontrar la archivos en cualquier otro lugar.

- Para USERDATAS (todos los demás se explican por sí mismos):

AIO = Cricket
CCT = Xfinity Mobile (Comcast)
CHA - Spectrum Mobile (Charter)
TMK = Metro PCS

- el procedimiento correcto para cambiar del firmware de un operador a otro es:
1. Actualice el paquete de firmware U1 completo, incluido el CSC no HOME
2. Al arrancar, inserte una SIM del operador cuyo firmware desea
3. Esté atento a la ventana emergente que dice "reiniciar para aplicar la nueva configuración del operador", etc., y hágalo
4. Después de que se complete el reinicio, reinicie de nuevo al modo de descarga y actualice el paquete de firmware U completo, con el archivo USERDATA del operador cuyo firmware desea
Hello, I want to change the room of my SM-N975U and place it with a SM-N975U1, can you tell me how I would do it because I downloaded the 4 files from sammobile and it won't let me flash.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those who aren't already aware, N975U is the model number of all of the US carrier versions of the Note 10+. The N975U1 is the model number of the same device, but sold by Samsung SIM unlocked and with no carrier bloatware. Firmware is 100% interchangeable among these models: any U or U1 firmware version can be flashed to any U or U1 device at any time, assuming that you're not trying to downgrade the bootloader. A "U to U" or "U1 to U1" flash does not require a factory reset, but changing from one firmware to the other will require one. Also, U firmware is identical for the 4 base files (AP, BL, CP, CSC) for each individual build, no matter which carrier it comes from. So if you download 2 different carrier versions of the exact same build, the 4 base files will be identical. Where the firmware differs is in the USERDATA file - that's where the carrier bloatware and customizations reside.

This is not a "beginner's guide to Odin flashing" type post/thread, so I won't list basic, step-by-step flashing instructions. My threads are geared towards those who already know what they're doing. If you're new to manually flashing Samsung firmware, I recommend you consult one of the "beginner's" posts/threads - there are tons of them here on XDA.

Happy flashing!

U firmware: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=297979
    U1 firmware: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=297980

NOTES:

- DON'T QUOTE THE OP WHEN YOU REPLY, kthx :)

- I have an identical thread for the Note 10 if you're interested

- My zips are compressed extra small for space and bandwidth savings. The default Windows extractor can't handle it, so you'll need a 3rd party tool like 7zip, WinRAR, etc

- My naming method for folders on AFH is: build - bootloader - Android version
    So "SAT - 1 - 9.0" means the full build number ends in SAT, it's bootloader version 1, and it's Android 9.0. When bootloader and Android versions increment, the first build to have those changes will have its folder notated appropriately.

- HOME CSC file keeps data intact; using the other CSC will wipe data. Flashing USERDATA will also wipe data

- I know AFH servers/mirrors can be wonky sometimes, so if you want to download the latest version of whatever firmware you're seeking yourself, you can do so via SamFirm or Frija (plenty of links and threads here on XDA). I pay for a subscription to a site that gets beta builds and also gets the official releases (usually) before they hit SamFirm, so that's where my files come from. However, I don't have unlimited bandwidth on the site, and it's also quite time consuming to download the files, zip them up, and upload them to AFH. And, I do threads like this for every single Sx and Note x model - so I won't be uploading every single update version. The only full builds that I upload are ones where I get access to a new bootloader and/or Android version early, before they hit SamFirm.

- You can get USERDATAs from SamFirm for everything but AT&T and Cricket- those files will never be on SamFirm. So I'll try to always upload at least one USERDATA per bootloader increment for those carriers, and I'll also upload any full builds if AT&T is the only carrier to get that specific build, because you won't be able to find the files anywhere else.

- For USERDATAS (all the others are self explanatory):

AIO = Cricket
    CCT = Xfinity Mobile (Comcast)
    CHA - Spectrum Mobile (Charter)
    TMK = Metro PCS

- the correct procedure for switching from one carrier's firmware to another is:
    1. Flash full U1 firmware package including non HOME CSC
    2. Upon boot, insert a SIM of the carrier whose firmware you want
    3. Watch for the popup that says "reboot to apply new carrier settings" etc, and do it
    4. After that restart completes, reboot back to Download mode and flash the full U firmware package, with the USERDATA file of the carrier whose firmware you want
    * * * Thread Cleaned * * *

It looks like a few things need to be made clear, even in a group of people smart enough to root, customize, and tweak their big $$$ devices.

1) While this section IS for "discussion", it's actually supposed to be discussion about THIS DEVICE, not calling users rapists, not sexual innuendos about your prom date, not anything UNRELATED to this device.

2) Don't be THAT member who runs their mouth and then reports another member for running their mouth.

3) Even non-development section users are required to follow Forum Rules... not that anyone smart enough to tweak their device should need a development forum set of rules to understand the basics of respect, kindness, and being helpful over being rude, insulting, and disrespectful.

4) If someone starts trouble, be part of the solution- not part of the problem; simply REPORT the comment. Don't engage them, throw fuel on the flame then get bent when you're burned by the fire you helped create. Report, move on, enjoy your day.

5) All future comments in violation of the rules will be deleted and the posting accounts reviewed for restriction or removal for repeated violations.

So let's keep the discussion on the 10+ :good:

Thanks for everyone's cooperation.

tl;dr

If your comment isn't respectful, helpful, related to this device, or violates the rules, don't post it.
    Report the trouble, don't become part of it.
    Be kind, respectful and helpful.
    Keep the drama llama stuff on all the social media platforms, Xda is for developing devices, not buttwaffles.
    You're gonna say that and not share? Lol.

Threads gonna go to **** with us fighting now.
    Go to settings/apps/ then do a search for system and find systemui click on it then got to notifications in there scroll all the way down there click on phone restarted. Then set it to Silent and minimized.

Sent from my SM-N975U using XDA Labs
    I just did the firmware flash to AT&T for my unlocked 10+ and Wifi calling works. Keeping my fingers crossed that it sticks!

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

I've been out the flashing game for a while now. Could someone kindly direct me to a step by step method? Do i use the files provided from the op or use the Sammobile? Any help would be appreciative

Just use the files from the OP. Worked for me now.

Used the following instructions from the International thread to get the steps:

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download Odin v3.13.3
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.13.3
    5. Power OFF your Note10+
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode (1st plug-in USB-cable to your Note10+!!!), push Volume Up + Volume Down buttons, while pushing them plug-in USB-cable to PC
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots
    9. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

Extract the firmware files from the OP. You should get 5 files:

AP (System &Recovery)

BL (Bootloader)

CP (Modem / Radio)

CSC_*** (Country / Region / Operator)

HOME_CSC_*** (Country / Region / Operator)

I used USERDATA as well for AT&T. Use CSC_*** if you want to do a clean flash or HOME_CSC_*** if you want to keep your apps and data.
    for note 10 and 10+ :
    Open up the S/W Installation Program by executing the "Odin3 v3.13.3.exe"
    * Note : "Odin v3.13.2 or above" checks MD5 checksum just after file selection.

rnh4ClH.png