N976U AT&T Note 10+ 5G Firmware Files Here

Search This thread

jordi3045

Mar 15, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Thanks for posting the link it totally saved my life with my current SM-N976U AT&T model, had a very hard time trying to locate a compatible firmware for my phone.

I went onto AT&T website and saw they updated to this now with patch:

• N976USQS4DUB1 I tried looking for it online but couldn't find anything for my device.

iBowToAndroid

Account currently disabled
Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
Thanks for posting the link it totally saved my life with my current SM-N976U AT&T model, had a very hard time trying to locate a compatible firmware for my phone.

I went onto AT&T website and saw they updated to this now with patch:

• N976USQS4DUB1 I tried looking for it online but couldn't find anything for my device.
Must not have looked very hard/far. T-Mobile got the same version

Reactions: jordi3045

Mar 28, 2021
Thanks to @iBowToAndroid for saving my day for the complete guide, really appreciate your hardwork in sharing AFH, with your guide I successfully upgraded my firmware to DUB1, I would like share the problem I faced and fixed during the upgrade.

My region is in Malaysia, I bought this SM-N976U AT&T carrier online.

1) I use *#272*imei# to change CSC from ATT to XAA, because I hate bloatware, change to XAA will remove all AT&T preloaded app, people warn using *#272* imei code, but it is okay since my region is in Malaysia.

2) After changed CSC ATT to XAA, no network/mobile signal, and can't change back to ATT anymore because *#272*imei# will not work when CSC is XAA. I did factory reset however network still not working, no mobile signal.

3) I flash firmware UA3 with [Odin3_v3.14.4], added AP, BL, CP, HOME_CSC and Userdata from AFH (AndrioFileHost AT&T version), intended to reset back to original AT&T version to get signal back, however it still showing samsung boot screen instead of AT&T, flash firmware won't change the CSC, that's why ATT not showing in bootscreen, only [samkey] is able change CSC, but still mobile signal not working.

4) Then I try [Reset all network settings] and [Reset all settings], mobile signal and LTE back to normal. so this fixed the connection issue.

For UA3 to DUB1 update, I am confuse whether to use TMK or TMB (T-Mobile) since there is no ATT version for DUB1,
5) I downloaded both TMK and TMB zip file, and compare CRC using 7zip (cyclic redundancy check) any modification of file will trigger different CRC code, found out that AP, BL, CP, CSC and HOME_CSC having identical CRC Code between TMK and TMB, except for USERDATA is different, thus, based on this logic, ATT will have all file same except for USERDATA, so either TMK or TMB is fine for firmware update

When I do Odin Firmware flashing I excluded USERDATA and only added AP, BL, CP and HOME_CSC and it success upgrade to DUB1 and everything working well.

answer to @action8 update firmware won't trigger locked status for samsung KNOX nor change Warranty Void counter.

Lesson learned, don't buy carrier phone from other region, in future look for unlocked/unbranded phone, this will make our life easier.

Attachments

• TMB vs TMK Compare.png
    TMB vs TMK Compare.png
    45.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Reactions: iBowToAndroid

LakebayBob

Apr 25, 2021
Good Morning iBowToAndroid!

First and foremost, thanks for all the hard work and effort you have put into this, including posting the AT&T files. It is really appreciated and it's clear you have a passon for this.

I've tried to follow your instructions, but it appears I'm getting something wrong, I was hoping you might point me in the right direction.

I have a TMO SM-N976U. I moved to a location where TMO service is terrible. I'm using an AT&T sim now, and basic phone functions work, but of course the carrier functions do not. I followed your instructions (I believe properly, but I'm clearly not an expert).

I put the phone in developer mode, turned on USB debug and apps over USB. Downloaded Odin and your Android 11 AT&T firmware files UA3 - 11.0 which based on your naming I assumed to be the latest Android 11 files. I had backed up the phone completely and successfully used Odin to flash the phone. I did flash the userdata along with BL, AP, CP, & CSC. After reboot I had to enter my Google account password to get FRP, no issue. When reloading the backup from Samsung Switch, the phone took about 3 hour to download an update while in Switch. Then, the phone reset, I successfully reloaded the backup and after reset, still a TMobile splash screen.

I would love to hear your thoughts, and I appreciate all the help you give everyone!

iBowToAndroid

Account currently disabled
Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
Good Morning iBowToAndroid!

First and foremost, thanks for all the hard work and effort you have put into this, including posting the AT&T files. It is really appreciated and it's clear you have a passon for this.

I've tried to follow your instructions, but it appears I'm getting something wrong, I was hoping you might point me in the right direction.

I have a TMO SM-N976U. I moved to a location where TMO service is terrible. I'm using an AT&T sim now, and basic phone functions work, but of course the carrier functions do not. I followed your instructions (I believe properly, but I'm clearly not an expert).

I put the phone in developer mode, turned on USB debug and apps over USB. Downloaded Odin and your Android 11 AT&T firmware files UA3 - 11.0 which based on your naming I assumed to be the latest Android 11 files. I had backed up the phone completely and successfully used Odin to flash the phone. I did flash the userdata along with BL, AP, CP, & CSC. After reboot I had to enter my Google account password to get FRP, no issue. When reloading the backup from Samsung Switch, the phone took about 3 hour to download an update while in Switch. Then, the phone reset, I successfully reloaded the backup and after reset, still a TMobile splash screen.

I would love to hear your thoughts, and I appreciate all the help you give everyone!
After the first original flash, did it show T-Mo splash screen, or AT&T?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those who aren't already aware, anyone can now download firmware for almost any Samsung device any time that they want, via SamFirm or Frija. There are threads and info about them here on XDA so I won't waste time explaining - do a search if you're not already familiar with these tools. But for some reason, AT&T doesn't allow their firmware to be publicly available (for any of their devices). I pay for a subscription to a website that gets the official releases (usually) before they hit SamFirm/Frija, and also gives me access to AT&T firmware. So I'm providing it here as a favor to anyone who would make use of it.

Manual Odin flashing in this case would be designed for those of you who:

- want to flash AT&T firmware onto a T-Mobile or Metro device that has been SIM unlocked, in order to have AT&T's customizations and enhancements

- want to manually update to a newer version on your device, either because you don't want to wait for the OTA or because OTAs aren't working on their device (usually because you're using it on a different carrier because AT&T requires an active AT&T SIM to be inserted in order for their devices to successfully check for an OTA update)

This is not a "beginner's guide to Odin flashing"-type post/thread, so I won't list basic, step-by-step flashing instructions. My threads are geared towards those who already know what they're doing. If you're new to manually flashing Samsung firmware, I recommend you consult one of those "beginner's" guides- there are tons of them here on XDA.

Happy flashing!

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=305872

(Quebec tends to be the fastest download mirror, if it gives you that option)

Notes:

- DON'T QUOTE THE OP WHEN YOU REPLY, kthx

- I have lots of threads just like this one for other Samsung flagships, if it interests you.

- My zips are compressed extra small for space and bandwidth savings. The default Windows extractor can't handle it, so you'll need a 3rd party tool like 7zip, WinRAR, etc

- My naming method for folders on AFH is: build - bootloader - Android version
    So "SAT - 1 - 9.0" means the full build number ends in SAT, it's bootloader version 1, and it's Android 9.0. When bootloader and Android versions increment, the first build to have those changes will have its folder notated appropriately.

- HOME CSC file keeps data intact; using the other CSC will wipe data. Flashing USERDATA will also wipe data
    **I do not have one of these devices and this has not been 100% verified, until someone actually tries it. Until it's been verified, you're responsible for backing up your data, taking precautions to avoid an FRP lock, etc

- From what I've seen so far, there are some builds that only AT&T will get, some that only T-Mobile and Metro will get, and some that all 3 carries will get. Since T-Mobile (use region/CSC TMB) and Metro (use region/CSC TMK) firmware can be freely downloaded by anyone at any time from SamFirm/Frija, I won't be posting their unique builds here. I also won't be posting any builds that all 3 carriers get. U firmware is identical for the 4 base files (AP, BL, CP, CSC) for each individual build, no matter which carrier it comes from. So if you download 2 different carrier versions of the exact same build, the 4 base files will be identical. Where the firmware differs is in the USERDATA file - that's where the carrier bloatware and customizations reside. So that means that any U firmware version (no matter the carrier) can be flashed to any U device (no matter which carrier's firmware it's running) at any time.

So I'll only be posting AT&T-exclusive builds and even then, I won't post every single one. I don't have unlimited bandwidth on my subscription site, and it takes a lot of time and effort to download the files, extract them, create the HOME CSC, zip them all back up, and upload them to AFH. I'll try to post at least one build per month though

- Switching from one carrier's firmware to another carrier's will require use of the USERDATA file, and also a factory reset. If you just want to manually update instead of waiting for an OTA, then you only need to flash the 4 base files (use HOME CSC if you want to avoid a factory reset).
    Can I put the 976(5g) on the 975U?

The answer hasn't changed since you last asked it.

(in other words it is still no)
    yes! im downloading the tmobile firmware and still have 5 hours remaining. lol

thanks
    Uhhhh why wouldn't you use SamFirm/Frija...?
    There's a new tmobile galaxy note 10+ 5G software update that has just been released as of right now which is the One UI 2.1 feature update, enjoy.
    ok, thanks... Now i need to find the manual entries for t-mobile. :good:
    n976usqu1btcb // n976uoyn1btcb // n976usqu1btcb