[NANDROID] Motorola Marshmallow Soak test v5 - Dec 13 - makes other phones jelleh!!

Search This thread

Selmak

Jul 7, 2010
I just flashed the v5 modem via Fastboot. It seems to be working correctly. I haven't made a phone call yet, but I have LTE signal, and WiFi is working. I'm hoping this solves the WiFi issues I've been having, but will need some time to see if things are better or not.

jangid

Sep 22, 2013
new delhi
My friend got the ota! last night
He bought phone 3 monthes before when i purchased the phone
Its of 453 mb.. Waiting now for my device...

Attachments

• IMG-20151218-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20151218-WA0001.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 238

SK Chowadry

Jul 18, 2014
London
Yes its the final OTA.. I think they have started the initial deployment..
my device also haven't got the update. this SS are from my friend. he is not registered for MFN.[COLOR="Silver"

Bro that a great news... Thanx[/QUOTE]
Hello [user=5450842]@jangid[/user]

as per your SS you are still downloading the update. Before you install please findout the way to get OTA links which will be helpful to all the XDA Fans here.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 07:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
My friend got the ota! last night
He bought phone 3 monthes before when i purchased the phone
Its of 453 mb.. Waiting now for my device...
Hello @jangid

as per your SS you are still downloading the update. Before you install please findout the way to get OTA links which will be helpful to all the XDA Fans here.

Tel864

Nov 22, 2011
Greenville
24.11.25 may be final build..
any way customer care has said that they have started to release the updates in small groups.. i.e., the initial deployment.

nd i don't know abt release notes was in round for 1 month. nobody haven't seen it. it was shared on the group. i just shared it here.
Yes they have. If you bother to look at the top of that page you'll see that the page was created back in February and last updated on November 25. I wish I had a dollar for every time Moto Support people have put out the wrong info.

Reactions: nelsonw

nelsonw

Jun 29, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
24.11.25 may be final build..
any way customer care has said that they have started to release the updates in small groups.. i.e., the initial deployment.

nd i don't know abt release notes was in round for 1 month. nobody haven't seen it. it was shared on the group. i just shared it here.
Because 24.11.15 build still have some bugs and outdated gapps. I have chatted with Moto reps (was a discussion about this a few weeks back) and the said that the final build was released in Brazil even before soak test 4. What's happening, I guess the soak test moved for a close small groups to a public test. Is normal to test in major groups when is close to final.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Jithin91

Mar 14, 2015
Palakkad
Yes they have. If you bother to look at the top of that page you'll see that the page was created back in February and last updated on November 25. I wish I had a dollar for every time Moto Support people have put out the wrong info.

yes.. in system its not visible. but when we open the page in mobile we can see..
but i dont think its a soak test. a bunch of people has got the update here and none of them are members of MFN.
Customer care confirmed that they starts pushing the update in small number of people. this may be called as their initial deployment.

nelsonw

Jun 29, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
yes.. in system its not visible. but when we open the page in mobile we can see..
but i dont think its a soak test. a bunch of people has got the update here and none of them are members of MFN.
Customer care confirmed that they starts pushing the update in small number of people. this may be called as their initial deployment.
They said that before soak test 4

Jithin91

Mar 14, 2015
Palakkad
Because 24.11.15 build still have some bugs and outdated gapps. I have chatted with Moto reps (was a discussion about this a few weeks back) and the said that the final build was released in Brazil even before soak test 4. What's happening, I guess the soak test moved for a close small groups to a public test. Is normal to test in major groups when is close to final.

i don't know about the bugs.. i haven't got the update.
but the people who got the update told that its very smooth. nd there was no lag at all. some were facing problem with moto display. and after a reboot that has also fixed. (from whatsapp group)

nelsonw

Jun 29, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Because "search before post" is a rule here. To avoid silly discussions like this. We aren't the best, we hang and read post here since day 1. You should try!

sticktornado

Aug 25, 2015
Yeah, soak test v5 is not stable for me at all. My phone actually reboots after around 10 seconds of actually booting.

nelsonw

Jun 29, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Yeah, soak test v5 is not stable for me at all. My phone actually reboots after around 10 seconds of actually booting.
Build 24.11. 25?

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

Please quote the post where I say that v5 is full of bugs.

post #234 & #238
u said that v5 is not stable and is not eligible for public release or can't be the final build for OTA
Can u see that I never said is full of bugs? I only said that it have some bugs and outdated gapps.

Yousvel

Jan 23, 2014
Cap-Haitian
www.dtcministries.com

Your problem is the fact that you flash modem.img which is probably not for your variant.
I had exactly the same issue when I flashed modem.img on my xt1540 1G.
Remember, the modem.img which is posted is only for xt1540 2G. Radio(modem) is the main difference between roms for different variants.
I would suggest you flash stock back, then flash or boot twrp and restore the back up again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is considered a beta rom. Things may break, things may change, and your phone may brick or turn into a portable toaster. I'm not responsible.
    You are flashing this at your own risk!!!

This is a nandroid backed up from a US 2gb/16gb xt1540. It may or may not work on all models...that is to be determined.

Confirmed compatible variants:
    XT1540 (US 1/8GB and 2/16GB) (Canada)
    XT1541 (UK) (France)
    (if your variant is not here it only means it's either not tested or not reported working. please test and report back!)

If you are unable to boot or obtain any signals after flashing this, it is highly recommended you flash a full factory image intended for your specific model and wait for another solution.

This is only meant to be a temporary fix while we wait for the big guys to build us a standard rom.

PLEASE READ THE GUIDE BELOW!!! Some things have changed with v3

How to install:
    Extract the .tar.gz archive like any zip
    copy the folder to the directory where your other TWRP nandroids are on your internal storage or sd card (TWRP/BACKUPS/ZZY222____/) in here you will see folders with dates, times, rom names and info, etc in the folder names...copy the folder you extracted to this directory.
    boot to TWRP
    restore this backup
    if coming from anything but a previous soak test, wipe userdata
    wipe cache and dalvik cache
    flash systemless root zip SuperSU v2.61 (optional) DO NOT flash any lower SuperSU version!!
    reboot (Please be patient...it's a VERY long wait. If you pass 10 minutes waiting and it hasn't booted, force a reboot by holding the power button)
    profit!

***It is HIGHLY recommended US xt1540 users update their radio. It is not required to run this soak test, though. THIS IS ONLY FOR US USERS!!!!! DO NOT FLASH THIS IF YOU ARE NOT IN THE UNITED STATES!!!!***
    See this post for the updated soak test modem.img files (just flash to the modem partition with fastboot and reboot the device)
    http://xdaforums.com/2015-moto-g/development/rom-devs-moto-g3-xt1540-soak-test-files-t3255643

For anyone who is not in the contiguous USA (48 states) but still has xt1540 and would like to test the modem above, you can use the app linked below to back up your modem partition directly from your device before you try the new modem. This way you don't have to download a factory rom to get the right modem.img if you don't already have one backed up on your computer. You have to be rooted to use it.

Wanam Backup & Restore app (free)

How to root:
    Please see this thread for the download:
    http://www.xda-developers.com/update-to-snapprefs-xposed-module-includes-17-instagram-like-filters
    The newest root method provided by chainfire does not touch the system partition. To the end-user, the only change is that when you flash a new kernel you must re-flash superSU....not your rom!!! What this means to us in this case is we can use the stock kernel provided with the soak test, flash the superSU zip, and have root, just like a Nexus device without having to wait for a permissive kernel!

*****After flashing the new systemless root zip you will be prompted to install superSU before the device reboots. DO NOT ALLOW IT TO INSTALL!!!!!! If you allow it to install with this option you will get a bootloop*****

**To view your device storage from your computer, open your notification shade, click the "USB for _____" notification, and select "transfer files (MTP)". It won't stick through a reboot, so you'll have to do this each time you boot.....the same thing goes if you unplug the cable.

Download:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByE999IDa0JnaEpnX0FCRjNxX28
    To clarify the few points of confusion here.....

Modems for this device are NOT version specific, but ARE region-specific!! In other words, a lollipop modem for US XT1540 users will work on a US XT1540 running MM, as well as the other way around. But you can NOT.....I repeat CAN NOT....flash a modem from another variant or region!!!

So....to sum up, those who are running US ONLY XT1540 devices....you have the option to flash a new modem if you so desire. THat's all...you don't have to flash it if you don't want, but if you would like to see if you get a better signal, web speed, etc. then by all means, try it out. If it's not what you're looking for you can flash ANY other modem intended specifically for your region and model....and this goes for all G3 users. Anyone can flash any modem intended for their exact variant and region...don't try another region's modem, but if you had a better signal running an old modem, then flash that modem. You don't have to be running any specific android version to use it. Just because it may have come bundled with 5.1.1, hypothetically speaking, doesn't mean it won't run on 6.0.

Now...the data wiping. Most people aren't coming from a previous soak test...if you only restore this nandroid without wiping userdata on top of, say CM, then reboot the device, the userdata from the CM rom will be left installed. Because my nandroid does not contain any userdata, recovery will not wipe the partition and the userdata from your last rom won't be compatible with this one and you'll have a bootloop until you wipe the userdata partition or do a factory reset. If you are coming from a previous soak test, since the userdata you have will be from an official Moto 6.0 rom, you can just restore the nandroid, reflash your xposed, superSU, etc. and you do not have to wipe your userdata.

Think of this nandroid just as you would any other rom....if you're coming from anything but a previous version of the same rom you have to do a factory reset, because the zip isn't programed to wipe the userdata partition for you.

I hope that clears things up.

BTW...one final note:
    What I said above about modems ONLY goes for Moto G3....do NOT try swapping modems with any other device. We are lucky that our modems are not android version specific. Most devices are, so if you have, say an LG G2 and you flash a jellybean modem on a lollipop rom you're not going to have a good time. Our device is like a Nexus, in that the modems are interchangeable.
    Soak v5 uploaded in OP.

We're skipping right over v4, everyone. I have no idea what v4 changed, but it only lasted a matter of like 3 days. v5 is the current soak test out at the time of posting this.

Happy flashing everyone!
    You must not know what you're talking about. Even the OP says you have to wipe data after restoring from the backup.

There is a whole ton of misinformation in this thread. The OP should have ALL of the information and instructions we need to do this. It takes 5 to 10 minutes to write.

It does, but that's 5-10 minutes every single time a new soak is released, and really, this is not that hard to figure out. I'm not trying to lay into you or anything, but I don't think you realise how long it takes to do all this, so let me lay it out for you...this is the process every time a new soak gets posted:

- Download the new update from my source, which usually averages about 1.5GB
    - Back up my current setup and get ready to flash the update, which entails completely wiping my system and data partitions
    - flash the new soak test
    - test the new soak test to make sure it's ok and not going to insta-brick a few hundred devices as soon as I post it
    - dump all partitions to img files
    - compress and upload all image files so our rom devs have updated MM dumps to use so they can fix issues with their roms...this is about 3GB
    - run a nandroid backup for all the members here to restore
    - upload the nandroid...about 1.5GB
    - post all the stuff I just uploaded

All in all, this is about 3-4 hours of work every time a new soak gets released. I'm not trying to say anyone here seems ungrateful, because I see all the thank yous and posts to this exact effect....but forgive me if I don't have all the time in the world to get absolutely everything done in between working my current third shift job, packing up my entire house to get ready to move, looking for a new job and also trying to find a new apartment in the new city....and it's also coming up on the holidays. I'm a very busy person right now.

So please....be patient and understanding if you have to do a little searching to find the answers to your problems. I'm doing the best I can with the limited time I have.

BTW, this is also all being done from my android, since I don't have any other internet in my name....so that makes it take a little longer to do, too. Luckily, I have unlimited LTE and Tmo was kind enough to uncap tethering for the holidays. I go through over 5GB of mobile data every soak test just downloading and reuploading it.
    What? People bricks their phones flashing official build. This is hilarious

Don't feed the trolls, please.

****Soak test 3 incoming today!!!****