Nano memory card to be compatible with P20 Pro in future?

Search This thread

or1onz

Sep 7, 2011
The launch of Mate 20 has lead me thinking. If they are rolling out memory card of a nano sim size, will it be compatible for us?

stevo_125

Mar 12, 2009
The launch of Mate 20 has lead me thinking. If they are rolling out memory card of a nano sim size, will it be compatible for us?

Seems some members have forgotten how to communicate - so let me try.

OP: Unfortunately, whilst the form factor of the new cards is the same as the nano sims, the underlying hardware that allows new memory card type to work is not present in any existing models. A crude analogy is to consider a DVD disk and a blu-ray disk. They may share physical characteristics, but an older DVD player will not read a blu-ray disk, even though it physically fits, because it lacks the necessary hardware.
:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do you have a dedicated, just launched, brand new, nano SD card slot (HARDWARE) on your P20 Pro ?
    If you do, you should go and buy a new card.

Seems some members have forgotten how to communicate - so let me try.

OP: Unfortunately, whilst the form factor of the new cards is the same as the nano sims, the underlying hardware that allows new memory card type to work is not present in any existing models. A crude analogy is to consider a DVD disk and a blu-ray disk. They may share physical characteristics, but an older DVD player will not read a blu-ray disk, even though it physically fits, because it lacks the necessary hardware.
    :good: