• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Native Call Recorder P30 PRO

Search This thread

bontabela73

Aug 27, 2015
Hey everyone,

I found the following piece of info on a Huawei Community forum regarding the call recording feature on EMUI 10.1:

"due to relevant laws and regulations, Huawei products do not provide call recording function. For the issue of not being able to use third-party call recording apps after upgrading EMUI 10.1, it is due to Android's native mechanism in the Security changes have been made to Android Q. To protect the privacy of users' data, it is now possible to disable the use of the Other third-party apps use the recording feature, so such apps are currently not available."

https://consumer.huawei.com/en/comm...-9-dialer-on-the-Huawei-devices/topicId_6172/

Fix_ita

Sep 28, 2016
The program will stand on Huawei / Honor with Emui 10 / Magic 3.0 shell and Google services.

Will not work on EMUI 10.1 / Magic 3.1. (On EMUI 10.1 it is installed, but does not work. Tested on Huawei P30 Pro 10.1.0.141 (C10E11R5P1).

After installation, go to Settings / Applications / Applications, find "Contacts" and give it the rights to "Memory", after that the button for listening to recordings will appear in the call list.
The recording works perfectly. Thanks a lot. But I don't find where the recorded calls are saved. Help

Edit.
OK, found.
Sound, call recorder [emoji6][emoji1303]

Last edited:

rm001

Oct 24, 2009
Hey everyone,
"due to relevant laws and regulations, Huawei products do not provide call recording function. For the issue of not being able to use third-party call recording apps after upgrading EMUI 10.1, it is due to Android's native mechanism in the Security changes have been made to Android Q. To protect the privacy of users' data, it is now possible to disable the use of the Other third-party apps use the recording feature, so such apps are currently not available."
https://consumer.huawei.com/en/comm...-9-dialer-on-the-Huawei-devices/topicId_6172/
Then how can they explain why the call recording function works on C675 and AL00 regions? May be Google has made a special 10.1.x.x android for these two regions? Or may be the support tells us a bullshit?
p.s. in the Indian version, the call recording on 10.1 first disappeared, and then with the next upgrade reappeared and is now available. It turns out that Google first bothered to cut the call recording option in Huawei`s firmware, and then made an effort to return it? Isn't it obvious that Huawei is doing all this for some reason?

Last edited:
Call recording for EMUI 10.1:

Background: A 4PDA user with the nickname "Ёрш" bought a programmer and changed the C10 region to India. There it turned out that this region has a built-in call recording. He pulled the apk file and asked other users to try it.
It is known for sure that it works on Mate 30, P40 and P30. If a different version of the conversation recording was previously installed, then it must be removed. Only then install this version

Attachments

• CallRecording_10.1.0.apk
    489.1 KB · Views: 2,789

vipslim

Jul 29, 2016
Works fin bro many tanks

Enviado desde mi VOG-L04 mediante Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Background: A 4PDA user with the nickname "Ёрш" bought a programmer and changed the C10 region to India. There it turned out that this region has a built-in call recording. He pulled the apk file and asked other users to try it.

It is known for sure that it works on Mate 30, P40 and P30. If a different version of the conversation recording was previously installed, then it must be removed. Only then install this version
Many thanks dude works fine for me

Enviado desde mi VOG-L04 mediante Tapatalk

valerio.tosti

Jun 19, 2012
Bissen
finally thank you

Medulla0108

Aug 5, 2018
Muenster/Westf.
Sorry...but i have a problem.
I installed the apk and give the rights for contact. but when i call someone, the recorder dont save the file.
i did a reboot, but it doesen't help. In the Folders i see "Sounds" and a "CallRecord" Folder but there is nothing in it.

Dec 27, 2012
ASUS ROG Phone 5
it worked for me, I went to the apps, looked for the recorder, removed the old one and installed the new one ...
the phone records the calls automatically but when I review the list of the last calls and press the play button to listen, it says that there is no playback program installed ... however if you search in the sounds folder the recording appears and I can open it with a reader m4a that I installed ... however it is not convenient to search this way the call we want to hear ... is there any solution ??
P30Pro VOG-L29 10.1.0.150 C431E

it worked for me, I went to the apps, looked for the recorder, removed the old one and installed the new one ...
the phone records the calls automatically but when I review the list of the last calls and press the play button to listen, it says that there is no playback program installed ... however if you search in the sounds folder the recording appears and I can open it with a reader m4a that I installed ... however it is not convenient to search this way the call we want to hear ... is there any solution ??
P30Pro VOG-L29 10.1.0.150 C431E

I dont know. I have a version of EMUI 10.1.0.151. (С10Е11R5P1) and a standard recorder (application version 10.1.0.501) perfectly opens these files. The recordings can be listened to both from the voice recorder (they are displayed there in the calls tab), and from the contact itself in the notebook.

Jan 16, 2016

Great! Works perfectly here on VOG-L29, 10.1.0.156 (C431E19R2P5)...
stay healthy !

magicoolje

Apr 25, 2017
If I understand correct...Now we can update to 10.1. Quick question. I must un uninstall the old call recorder before I update? Or does not matter when? Now I have Emui 10 with native Call recorder installed since Emui 9.1 and everything works fine. What steps to make to be sure that I will not loose this function?

bontabela73

Aug 27, 2015
If I understand correct...Now we can update to 10.1. Quick question. I must un uninstall the old call recorder before I update? Or does not matter when? Now I have Emui 10 with native Call recorder installed since Emui 9.1 and everything works fine. What steps to make to be sure that I will not loose this function?

If you upgrade to EMUI 10.1, the call recording will be gone except if you are in India (since the apk was pulled from a device having the India region firmware). So, if you upgrade, you will need to install the apk and then enable auto-call recording in call settings.
The reference to other apps might be related to other attempts to enable the call recording feature mentioned in earlier posts.

It is your call whether you upgrade to EMUI 10.1 or not.

bontabela73

Aug 27, 2015

I just read some feedback related to the new call recording app on a Hungarian P30 Pro forum. Some people had problems installing this new apk. So, if you upgrade from EMUI 10 to 10.1, the call recording function will stop working but the app itself will remain on the device. So, you should look for a "Recorder" app (if necessary, choose display system processes in the app menu). Uninstall the old app (be careful, there is another recording app, the call recorder has a green Android icon) and then try to install this new app. Those who did this, report that the new call recording app is working.

impala65

Mar 19, 2005
In German the recorder App is called "Anrufrekorder" after a reboot the calls show up in the list. Before I had to look at the sounds folder, maybe the restart made my phine check the right folder.

Very happy to be able to record calls again on 10.1!

Top Liked Posts