• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Native call recording SM-N9860 (HK Note 20 Ultra 5G) is it possible?

Search This thread

bissa

Mar 28, 2013
How exactly did you do this? Did you only flash the CHC firmware? Or did you also have to change the CSC?
I am using the G9860 variant that has BRI/TGY/CHC roms, the N9860 should be same. All those 3 roms are interchangeable.
I used odin and flashed the full CHC rom, the 4 files. There is 2 CSC files, use the one that wipes all data not he home CSC to prevent any issues.
You can go back to BRI/TGY without any problem.
chc-n9860.png

tonime

Dec 20, 2009
I am using the G9860 variant that has BRI/TGY/CHC roms, the N9860 should be same. All those 3 roms are interchangeable.
I used odin and flashed the full CHC rom, the 4 files. There is 2 CSC files, use the one that wipes all data not he home CSC to prevent any issues.
You can go back to BRI/TGY without any problem.
chc-n9860.png

The CHC rom have Google play and others Google services?

bissa

Mar 28, 2013
The CHC rom have Google play and others Google services?

No google, but I installed manually the google play store and google play services APKs and so far everything working as it should.
It will need some work from your side at first and some customization but once settled everything should be fine , and the native call recorder is there.
Also Samsung pass is not supported.

Last edited:

tonime

Dec 20, 2009
No google, but I installed manually the google play store and google play services APKs and so far everything working as it should.
It will need some work from your side at first and some customization but once settled everything should be fine , and the native call recorder is there.
Also Samsung pass is not supported.
Is supported Samsung Pay?

tonime

Dec 20, 2009
Samsung pay is there but I don't use it, you should try by yourself.
I saw someone in Italy using the CHC and confirmed Samsung pay is working.

Native call recording works fine, Samsung pay not work because it does not recognize the credit cards of my country, I think it only recognizes those of the CSC country.

bissa

Mar 28, 2013
Native call recording works fine, Samsung pay not work because it does not recognize the credit cards of my country, I think it only recognizes those of the CSC country.

Where are your from?

This is the person reported the CHC working with Samsung pay but it was the G9860 model.

Hi, which are the differences between TGY (Taiwan) and CHC (Open China) firmwares?
I have the open china one and I discovered that 5g works only on the second SIM tray; that's not a big issue and probably it is present on TGY CSC too. Esim does not work.
With CHC everything seems to work good, even Samsung Pay with an italian bank.

PAKONAN666

Aug 24, 2019
I also have the sm-n9860, very happy with it so far. Only issue is lack of call recording and lack of WiFi calling although I wonder if the latter is due to my carrier - anyone else have WiFi calling on sm-n9860?

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

I just checked the csc code for my sm-n9860 and it's BRI which I understand is Taiwan? Not Hong Kong? Any clarification?
Good night, faithful and unfaithful

Unfaithful the Pakonan barbarian also has the n9860 BRI and uses perfect acr, say I use root and twrp August. I don't know if september can root and twrp with the files I have from august kernel weta, encryption disabler and twrp c2q 3.4.0.2.

Salu2 from your most faithful unfaithful Pako

Enviado desde mi SM-N9860 mediante Tapatalk

chetbiz

Jul 29, 2008
Successfully changed CSC from TGY to CHC and enabled Native Call Recording

Guys have a great news! I have successfully changed the CSC to CHC from TGY on TGY rom. My steps:
1. On latest TGY rom changed the CSC to CHC with SamKEY (got confirmation ok) after this step the Service provider still remained TGY/TGY,TGY/TGY and no call recording.
2. Factory Reset your phone (remove any screen locks and google account)
3. Flash CSC (not home_csc!) file from the latest CHC rom with odin.
4. The phone reboots and enters recovery mode, don't exit and do Factory Reset and Wipe Cache, after that reboot your phone.

That's it, your phone on CHC/CHC,CHC/TGY region with native call recording and on TGY rom with all the google services working including google assistant, Samsung pass, Samsung health.
Enjoy! )

Attachments

• 20201118_125518.jpg
    20201118_125518.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 291
  • 20201118_125557.jpg
    20201118_125557.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 291
Reactions: isholay

manager77

May 30, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Guys have a great news! I have successfully changed the CSC to CHC from TGY on TGY rom. My steps:
1. On latest TGY rom changed the CSC to CHC with SamKEY (got confirmation ok) after this step the Service provider still remained TGY/TGY,TGY/TGY and no call recording.
4. The phone reboots and enters recovery mode, don't exit and do Factory Reset and Wipe Cache, after that reboot your phone.

That's it, your phone on CHC/CHC,CHC/TGY region with native call recording and on TGY rom with all the google services working including google assistant, Samsung pass, Samsung health.
Enjoy! )
Did you managed to enroll beta one ui 3.0 with CHC CSC?!

manager77

May 30, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
By the way, if anyone has BRI ROM can anyone check if BRI ROM has Change CSC option available via Google Phone app and code *#*#27262826#*## ??maybe it will have the option to update phone. And other small bug fixes as well.

Sent from my SM-N9860 using Tapatalk

Yep, BRI has change csc option via google phone app with code *#*#27262826#*##. If you will change csc by this method your phone will make factory reset

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i'd love to know how to change csc as well. Thanks in advance.

Not sure if this works on the Note20, but you could have a look at it: (For some reason won't let me post the link - hope that wasn't a violation of forum rules, but you can just Google 'Change CSC on Samsung Devices – Samsung CSC Codes')
    Only way to enable the native call recording is to use CHC firmware.
    So far it is running fine on my G9860, didn't face any problem with google apps, installed the google play store and google play services and every google service is running fine.
    The only issue is the samsung pass is not supported and dual messenger for whatsapp/facebook/instagram is not supported but it is easily fixable by third party app.
    All Chinese apps can be uninstalled directly.
    Call recording is very important for me, and all the apps didn't work like it should. I was really disappointed to change this great phone for another but thanks for the CHC rom.
    Successfully changed CSC from TGY to CHC and enabled Native Call Recording

Enjoy! )
    Guys who changed to china rom and csc, you lost dual messenger functionality?
    Yes its N/A