Native call recording SM-N9860 (HK Note 20 Ultra 5G) is it possible?

Search This thread

fjorger

Jun 10, 2008
Lisbon
Yep, BRI has change csc option via google phone app with code *#*#27262826#*##. If you will change csc by this method your phone will make factory reset
So, all three roms (Taiwan BRI, China CHC, HongKong TGY), have the ability (using Google Phone app) to change CSC (with the obvious factory reset), the only difference, the option list presented on each rom.

Sent from my SM-N9860 using Tapatalk

farehmani

Apr 19, 2006
Lahore
So, all three roms (Taiwan BRI, China CHC, HongKong TGY), have the ability (using Google Phone app) to change CSC (with the obvious factory reset), the only difference, the option list presented on each rom.

OK so: Does BRI ROM has CHC CSC in its list when we try to change CSC via Google Phone app code *#*#27262826#*#*. ?

fjorger

Jun 10, 2008
Lisbon
OK so: Does BRI ROM has CHC CSC in its list when we try to change CSC via Google Phone app code *#*#27262826#*#*. ?

Hi,

I never went to BRI myself (don't see the point, since it doesn't have “call recording“), however I'm guessing it will be presenting the same options on my TGY rom/csc, meaning no CHC at all.

Accordingly to what both of you said, I'm guessing (while at CHC), the list presented is:

CHC
WWD
Dev/QA

Right? Or something else?

farehmani

Apr 19, 2006
Lahore
Hi,

I never went to BRI myself (don't see the point, since it doesn't have “call recording“), however I'm guessing it will be presenting the same options on my TGY rom/csc, meaning no CHC at all.

Accordingly to what both of you said, I'm guessing (while at CHC), the list presented is:

CHC
WWD
Dev/QA

Right? Or something else?

Yes right

farehmani

Apr 19, 2006
Lahore
New Thought!!!

Please share all your opinions and ideas.

Side Note. (@chetbiz I feel for you man. I hope your phone is up again asap)

I'm thinking of selling off my N9860 and buy an Exynos N986B/DS. It serves everything I want

*DUAL Physical SIMs
*5G
*12 GB Ram (Since my country officially offers a ****ty N985F 8 GB Ram Version)
*Will Change CSC to Either INS (India) or THL(Thailand). Both CSCs supports Native Call Recording. Don't know if Data Usage Info is there or not.?
*Will keep getting official updates every time.
*will have Samsung Pass
*No compromise on Google Services and Apps.

So It serves all the purposes. I checked a N986B/DS of a friend of mine at my Gym today. Dialed *#*#27262826#*#* on Google Phone app and it had a huge list of CSCs to change to. I'm so wanting to replace My Snapdragon to Exynos now.

Ive seen on YouTube the performance difference is very minor. Everything else is ditto.

What do you guys suggest.

Please advise.

Limeybastard

Oct 3, 2013
Florida unfortunately.
New Thought!!!

Please share all your opinions and ideas.

Side Note. (@chetbiz I feel for you man. I hope your phone is up again asap)

I'm thinking of selling off my N9860 and buy an Exynos N986B/DS. It serves everything I want

*DUAL Physical SIMs
*5G
*12 GB Ram (Since my country officially offers a ****ty N985F 8 GB Ram Version)
*Will Change CSC to Either INS (India) or THL(Thailand). Both CSCs supports Native Call Recording. Don't know if Data Usage Info is there or not.?
*Will keep getting official updates every time.
*will have Samsung Pass
*No compromise on Google Services and Apps.

So It serves all the purposes. I checked a N986B/DS of a friend of mine at my Gym today. Dialed *#*#27262826#*#* on Google Phone app and it had a huge list of CSCs to change to. I'm so wanting to replace My Snapdragon to Exynos now.

Ive seen on YouTube the performance difference is very minor. Everything else is ditto.

What do you guys suggest.

Please advise.

You change to whatever model that will give you the functionality that you need. I did the same when I gave up my sm-n986o and bought a local regional sm-n986u1 . I lost dual sim but gain much more inc peace of mind warranty wise. I also owned a sm-985F it wasn't ****ty at all, except for the hardware fault hence why I returned it.

Giang gau

Sep 3, 2019
Only way to enable the native call recording is to use CHC firmware.
So far it is running fine on my G9860, didn't face any problem with google apps, installed the google play store and google play services and every google service is running fine.
The only issue is the samsung pass is not supported and dual messenger for whatsapp/facebook/instagram is not supported but it is easily fixable by third party app.
All Chinese apps can be uninstalled directly.
Call recording is very important for me, and all the apps didn't work like it should. I was really disappointed to change this great phone for another but thanks for the CHC rom.
Can u help me how to install chc rom for n9860. I cant use samfirm tool to download chc rom.thank you

isholay

Sep 14, 2012
Successfully changed CSC from TGY to CHC and enabled Native Call Recording

Guys have a great news! I have successfully changed the CSC to CHC from TGY on TGY rom. My steps:
1. On latest TGY rom changed the CSC to CHC with SamKEY (got confirmation ok) after this step the Service provider still remained TGY/TGY,TGY/TGY and no call recording.
2. Factory Reset your phone (remove any screen locks and google account)
3. Flash CSC (not home_csc!) file from the latest CHC rom with odin.
4. The phone reboots and enters recovery mode, don't exit and do Factory Reset and Wipe Cache, after that reboot your phone.

That's it, your phone on CHC/CHC,CHC/TGY region with native call recording and on TGY rom with all the google services working including google assistant, Samsung pass, Samsung health.
Enjoy! )
Hi bro,

I tried this method it worked, I now have call recording functionality and got to keep the Google services, thanks. However, I cant receive OTA, when I check for update it says 'Your current software version isn't supported. Visit a service centre.' Does this mean I have to flash manually via Odin when Android 11 eventually is released and which should I flash HK ot CHC rom. Thanks

chetbiz

Jul 29, 2008
Hi bro,

I tried this method it worked, I now have call recording functionality and got to keep the Google services, thanks. However, I cant receive OTA, when I check for update it says 'Your current software version isn't supported. Visit a service centre.' Does this mean I have to flash manually via Odin when Android 11 eventually is released and which should I flash HK ot CHC rom. Thanks

HI,
I think you will need to flash HK, just don't forget to remove screen lock, google account+samsung account before you flash.

Reactions: isholay

amazinged

Aug 12, 2015
Following this post, because I own a S20 FE 5G, Hong Kong version and (7810, with snapdragon) ) and also needed call recorder.

Went for the CHC rom and it works super native clear.

Anyone already tried if on Android 11 native call-recorder is stil in the Chinese ROM? Ther is an update, but I'm afradi to update and lose call recorder options.

farehmani

Apr 19, 2006
Lahore
Hello everyone,

My phone N9860 TGY just updated to Android 11 One UI 3.0 yesterday. It is amazing.

Now it has lost possibility of Google Phone Trick Code *#*#27262826#*#* for CSC Change. has anyone tested if there is any other way we can get Native Call Recording in Android 11 TGY RoM and Still get OTA Updates as well.

is any other way we can get Native Call Recording in Android 11 TGY RoM and Still get OTA Updates as well.

I've flashed Android 10 CHC rom (on top of my current TGY firmware) with full wipe and got switched to China region. Then I've got native call recording and updated to Android 11. Had to remove lot's of chinese preinstalled bloatware and possibly some spyware apps using adb control app but now really like that ROM. It has call recording, shows network speed in top bar area, have agressive controls over apps not allowing them to use network in backgound by default etc. Pretty fast ROM. Some chinese hyerogliphs are still there in native Calendar and Phone app have 4th tab with Yellow Pages on Chinese. Other than that I am satisfied with it much more than with TGY firmware.

kenan0025

Aug 30, 2015
The only way to enable local call recording is to use the CHC firmware.
So far it works fine on my G9860, hasn't encountered any problems with google apps, installed google play store and google play services and every google service works fine.
The only problem is that samsung migration is not supported and dual messaging app for whatsapp / facebook / instagram is not supported, but it can be easily fixed by third party app.
Call recording is very important to me and not all apps worked as they should. I was really disappointed to replace this great phone with another one but thanks for the CHC rom.

s pen translation server gives connection error in this chinese software, how can i fix it thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i'd love to know how to change csc as well. Thanks in advance.

Not sure if this works on the Note20, but you could have a look at it: (For some reason won't let me post the link - hope that wasn't a violation of forum rules, but you can just Google 'Change CSC on Samsung Devices – Samsung CSC Codes')
    Only way to enable the native call recording is to use CHC firmware.
    So far it is running fine on my G9860, didn't face any problem with google apps, installed the google play store and google play services and every google service is running fine.
    The only issue is the samsung pass is not supported and dual messenger for whatsapp/facebook/instagram is not supported but it is easily fixable by third party app.
    Call recording is very important for me, and all the apps didn't work like it should. I was really disappointed to change this great phone for another but thanks for the CHC rom.
    Successfully changed CSC from TGY to CHC and enabled Native Call Recording

Guys have a great news! I have successfully changed the CSC to CHC from TGY on TGY rom. My steps:
    1. On latest TGY rom changed the CSC to CHC with SamKEY (got confirmation ok) after this step the Service provider still remained TGY/TGY,TGY/TGY and no call recording.
    2. Factory Reset your phone (remove any screen locks and google account)
    3. Flash CSC (not home_csc!) file from the latest CHC rom with odin.
    4. The phone reboots and enters recovery mode, don't exit and do Factory Reset and Wipe Cache, after that reboot your phone.

That's it, your phone on CHC/CHC,CHC/TGY region with native call recording and on TGY rom with all the google services working including google assistant, Samsung pass, Samsung health.
    Enjoy! )
    Guys who changed to china rom and csc, you lost dual messenger functionality?
    Yes its N/A
    Yes its N/A
    Thanks for the confirmation.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone