Native call recording SM-N9860 (HK Note 20 Ultra 5G) is it possible?

Search This thread

tainka

Aug 7, 2011
Hi!
Anyone knows how it is possible to enable native call recording on the 9860 model?
Maybe extract apk from another firmwire with enabled call recording?
Is there any way to enable it?

manager77

May 30, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
There are only 2 ways to enable native call recording on the 9860 model:
1. change CSC
2. root

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

1. change CSC
2. root
Native call recorder can't be enabled by samsung phone app from another same model firmware!

ms2010

Apr 2, 2010
1. change CSC
2. root

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

1. change CSC
2. root
Native call recorder can't be enabled by samsung phone app from another same model firmware!

i'd love to know how to change csc as well. Thanks in advance.

jtOttawa

Oct 27, 2013
Ottawa

Not sure if this works on the Note20, but you could have a look at it: (For some reason won't let me post the link - hope that wasn't a violation of forum rules, but you can just Google 'Change CSC on Samsung Devices – Samsung CSC Codes')

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack143
Feb 23, 2015
Link not working

But I can confirm Boldbeast works after rooting, and premium features is great with cloud sync etc

Sent from my SM-N9860 using Tapatalk

fjorger

Jun 10, 2008
Lisbon
Hi everyone,

Unfortunately we can't use the "Thai SIM / reset" trick that worked wonders on my old Note 9.
Because it doesn't work on SM-N9860 (I'm very sad). Already tried several factory reset's with my Thai SIM and still no "call recording" feature...

Any alternatives "without root" (Yes, Idon't want to lose Knox / Banking apps / Netflix / etc)? For all purposes Addhell does all that I want/need, but without root, and no warranty loss ;).

Maybe by changing the CSC code? But so far all that I have read (not possible yet).
Regards,

FJorgeR.

Last edited:

fjorger

Jun 10, 2008
Lisbon
Check post number 6. That works, because I'm using that one.and my phone is not rooted.

Hi android-incredible,

What do you mean?
Are you referring to :

Code:
inningsedefeat500	Link not working
But I can confirm Boldbeast works after rooting, and premium features is great with cloud sync etc

Because, it refers that "Works after rooting" and it uses a "non-integrated" extra app. Right?
I mean Boldbeast works more or less "has some issues" and the performance (caller audio "speaker" recording is rather poor).
I used it on my Note 9 with mix results and stopped working after Android 9/10 update.
But then I used the "Thai SIM/reset" trick (that does not work for the SM-N9860) and left it "Boldbeast" for good.
I will give it a try again, maybe it has Android 10 support now!

Nonetheless, we were all looking for the official "Samsung" app ;)

Thanks.
Regards,

FJorgeR.

nawaf2816

Mar 13, 2007
I think Samkey can help after through CSC change they provide support for Note20 Ultra variants, currently no support for any N986x models ...
BTW : I asked them and replied they will provide support soon !.
Any one , have an idea which CSCs are supporting native Call Recorder ?

Samuser7

Sep 17, 2020
Call recorder and WiFi call

I also have the sm-n9860, very happy with it so far. Only issue is lack of call recording and lack of WiFi calling although I wonder if the latter is due to my carrier - anyone else have WiFi calling on sm-n9860?

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

I just checked the csc code for my sm-n9860 and it's BRI which I understand is Taiwan? Not Hong Kong? Any clarification?

bissa

Mar 28, 2013
Only way to enable the native call recording is to use CHC firmware.
So far it is running fine on my G9860, didn't face any problem with google apps, installed the google play store and google play services and every google service is running fine.
The only issue is the samsung pass is not supported and dual messenger for whatsapp/facebook/instagram is not supported but it is easily fixable by third party app.
All Chinese apps can be uninstalled directly.
Call recording is very important for me, and all the apps didn't work like it should. I was really disappointed to change this great phone for another but thanks for the CHC rom.

Reactions: amazinged

bissa

Mar 28, 2013
ACR works fine, app of Galaxy Store.
I don't understand how do you guys get it to work? Some reports it works and some doesn't. What is the trick? does it depend on the device itself?
I tried ACR from galaxy store, tried boldbeast, tried cube ACR. It will just record your voice, and the other side voice is very low and sometimes no sound at all. trying different settings without anticipated results.
so far the CHC rom working fine and I keep it till the next generation hoping the exynos 1000 will be on par with SD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    is any other way we can get Native Call Recording in Android 11 TGY RoM and Still get OTA Updates as well.

I've flashed Android 10 CHC rom (on top of my current TGY firmware) with full wipe and got switched to China region. Then I've got native call recording and updated to Android 11. Had to remove lot's of chinese preinstalled bloatware and possibly some spyware apps using adb control app but now really like that ROM. It has call recording, shows network speed in top bar area, have agressive controls over apps not allowing them to use network in backgound by default etc. Pretty fast ROM. Some chinese hyerogliphs are still there in native Calendar and Phone app have 4th tab with Yellow Pages on Chinese. Other than that I am satisfied with it much more than with TGY firmware.

Not sure if this works on the Note20, but you could have a look at it: (For some reason won't let me post the link - hope that wasn't a violation of forum rules, but you can just Google 'Change CSC on Samsung Devices – Samsung CSC Codes')
    Only way to enable the native call recording is to use CHC firmware.
    So far it is running fine on my G9860, didn't face any problem with google apps, installed the google play store and google play services and every google service is running fine.
    The only issue is the samsung pass is not supported and dual messenger for whatsapp/facebook/instagram is not supported but it is easily fixable by third party app.
    All Chinese apps can be uninstalled directly.
    Call recording is very important for me, and all the apps didn't work like it should. I was really disappointed to change this great phone for another but thanks for the CHC rom.
    Successfully changed CSC from TGY to CHC and enabled Native Call Recording

Guys have a great news! I have successfully changed the CSC to CHC from TGY on TGY rom. My steps:
    1. On latest TGY rom changed the CSC to CHC with SamKEY (got confirmation ok) after this step the Service provider still remained TGY/TGY,TGY/TGY and no call recording.
    2. Factory Reset your phone (remove any screen locks and google account)
    3. Flash CSC (not home_csc!) file from the latest CHC rom with odin.
    4. The phone reboots and enters recovery mode, don't exit and do Factory Reset and Wipe Cache, after that reboot your phone.

That's it, your phone on CHC/CHC,CHC/TGY region with native call recording and on TGY rom with all the google services working including google assistant, Samsung pass, Samsung health.
    Enjoy! )
    Guys who changed to china rom and csc, you lost dual messenger functionality?
    Yes its N/A