Native Email app on ICS, where is Manual setup?

Search This thread

tomshreds

Feb 9, 2012
Hi!

Am I the only one having this problem? The "manual setup" when adding a new email account is now "Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync". There is no manual options anywhere. I've been searching for it for a week, I'm now using some crap email client while searching but this is really a pain in the ***...

Do you know any tricks to bypass this and get to the manual configuration screen?

Or is there any way to have the default ICS email app? Why is samsung replacing it at the first place?!

Thanks!

tomshreds

Feb 9, 2012
Just fill in the fields and then the "manual setup" button will be enabled.

The button is NOT manual setup anymore, like I said it's now a button for Microsoft ActiveSync.

Here's a screenshot:
i.imgur com / sUgIR.png

sorry for the URL I don't have enough post yet to post links..

Thanks for responding.

ctomgee

Dec 21, 2010
The button is NOT manual setup anymore, like I said it's now a button for Microsoft ActiveSync.

Here's a screenshot:
i.imgur com / sUgIR.png

sorry for the URL I don't have enough post yet to post links..

Thanks for responding.

Have you tried clicking on it? Maybe they just changed the label of the button, and it does the same thing. (As VAXXi notes above, you will probably have to fill out address and password before it enables)

tomshreds

Feb 9, 2012
Have you tried clicking on it? Maybe they just changed the label of the button, and it does the same thing.

Yes I tried it, it leads to the Exchange configuration screen.

I tried so many things and yet nothing works.

edit: yes I filled both fields, I even tried to input my IMAP infos inside Exchange screen lol

Thanks for helping.

ctomgee

Dec 21, 2010
Yes I tried it, it leads to the Exchange configuration screen.

I tried so many things and yet nothing works.

edit: yes I filled both fields, I even tried to input my IMAP infos inside Exchange screen lol

Thanks for helping.

So you're trying to enter an IMAP email server into your email app? Yeah, that won't work with Exchange Activesync. What IMAP server?

You could just put in your address/password and hit next. It should try to auto-discover your server settings and add the account, and you should be able to edit them after that in the settings.

OR, have you tried going through the Accounts settings instead of through the Email app?

tomshreds

Feb 9, 2012
So you're trying to enter an IMAP email server into your email app? Yeah, that won't work with Exchange Activesync. What IMAP server?

You could just put in your address/password and hit next. It should try to auto-discover your server settings and add the account, and you should be able to edit them after that in the settings.

OR, have you tried going through the Accounts settings instead of through the Email app?

lol, I'm trying to add custom IMAPS so it does not find them automagically unfortunately... So I can't get past the account autoconfiguration screen.

I tried going from the Account settings but there's no email option, nor imap or pop3 options...

Thanks

ctomgee

Dec 21, 2010
lol, I'm trying to add custom IMAPS so it does not find them automagically unfortunately... So I can't get past the account autoconfiguration screen.

I tried going from the Account settings but there's no email option, nor imap or pop3 options...

Thanks

Ah. Well, this isn't something I've ever tried before (custom IMAP), so I can't help you, sorry.

tomshreds

Feb 9, 2012
Ah. Well, this isn't something I've ever tried before (custom IMAP), so I can't help you, sorry.

Sorry to hear this :p But by custom IMAP I mean, they are not automatically detected because they're not using standard hostname syntax like imap.domain.com but more something like imap.mail.domain.com which seems to cause problem to the Email app hehe

Thanks anyways

ctomgee

Dec 21, 2010
Sorry to hear this :p But by custom IMAP I mean, they are not automatically detected because they're not using standard hostname syntax like imap.domain.com but more something like imap.mail.domain.com which seems to cause problem to the Email app hehe

Thanks anyways

Right, I know what you meant.

To clarify, I meant I've only ever set up my Exchange account for work, and my Gmail account. I've never tried to set up an IMAP or POP account for any other address.

Good luck dude.

VAXXi

Mar 19, 2012
Bucharest
vaxxi.net
Ah, ok. You have to fill in the details email and incoming server, then uncheck the "push notification" checkbox and the bottom left button will change to "manual setup", and you can configure your IMAP.

It's stupid, I know :)

Reactions: djhojd

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ah, ok. You have to fill in the details email and incoming server, then uncheck the "push notification" checkbox and the bottom left button will change to "manual setup", and you can configure your IMAP.

It's stupid, I know :)