• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Navifly 7862 6GB/128GB Qled

Search This thread

Tidou1

Jul 16, 2021
Good morning all . I bought this car radio but I have a problem.
Everything worked fine, and then I tried the car Information application, my ODB screen changed to English instead of French in this application the language setting has only 2 options, English or Chinese, impossible to return to French.
do you have any idea on this problem?
Thank you

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
Good morning all . I bought this car radio but I have a problem.
Everything worked fine, and then I tried the car Information application, my ODB screen changed to English instead of French in this application the language setting has only 2 options, English or Chinese, impossible to return to French.
do you have any idea on this problem?
Thank you
That is very simple. An application has to be translated in that language. Then it can use the system setting. If it is not translated into French it will automatically fall back to one of the translated languages, being English and Chinese in this case.

Last edited:

Tidou1

Jul 16, 2021
Thank you for your reply,
But my ODB was in French, I launched the Car Info application, and it took possession of my ODB and changed the Language without asking me, this application is part of the Navifly firmware, I cannot uninstall it, or translate it.
I do not know how to do

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
Thank you for your reply,
But my ODB was in French, I launched the Car Info application, and it took possession of my ODB and changed the Language without asking me, this application is part of the Navifly firmware, I cannot uninstall it, or translate it.
I do not know how to do
Sorry. I did not understand that.
That is indeed strange.
Did you already try to reboot and restart the OBD app before the car info app? Does that work?
I assume that is no real solution, but just to check whether that works.

Tidou1

Jul 16, 2021
I will try to explain to you
Sorry for my bad English
My Navifly is in French no problem.
The car information app included in Android 10 to change the language of this screen

I can no longer put it back in French because the software only gives me two English or Chinese options.
I did a data and software configuration reset but nothing changes.

Attachments

• odb screen.jpg
    odb screen.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 67

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
I will try to explain to you
Sorry for my bad English
My Navifly is in French no problem.
The car information app included in Android 10 to change the language of this screen

I can no longer put it back in French because the software only gives me two English or Chinese options.
I did a data and software configuration reset but nothing changes.
The canbus controller of your unit is bi-directional. It can not only read data, it can also publish data.
Did you also try to change it via the settings of your car?

Tidou1

Jul 16, 2021
Thank you for your reply
My car's settings do not have the language option, because I changed the original car radio which could change the language.
But the Navifly by selecting the language in the parameters it put in French but not the small screen of the dashboard.
So I decided to reconnect my old car radio and it loaded me with the language and it was in English and I was able to put it back in French, then once reconnected the Navifly I no longer touched the Car Information application and that stay in French.
What I don't understand is that a small application like car information which has only 2 Languages can take control of my on-board computer by ignoring the Languages settings of the Navifly.