• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Navifly 7862 Stuck in a Loop

Search This thread

Badcat1

Aug 30, 2021
My nav app (Google Maps) is set to start on boot. After the unit boots, it loads and runs the nav app; normally at this point I can leave the nav app and use another app; but now it repeatedly switches to the nav app when I try to visit any other app and every second I see the top bar changing as if to be switching to the nav app. If I try to go to settings, I will see the settings screen for one second and then find myself back in the nav app. I cannot get the nav app out of the start up area in one second, so I need to boot the unit without it running the startup apps.

Is some nav app button shorted somewhere? I have nothing connected to the CAN bus as my car has no steering wheel controls.

How can I boot into a "safe mode"-like environment so that I may take the nav app out of the startup app area?

Do I need to enter "recovery mode"? How do I do that on the 7862?

The reset "button" has not helped.

Please advise.

Last edited:

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
wombleton
My nav app (Google Maps) is set to start on boot. After the unit boots, it loads and runs the nav app; normally at this point I can leave the nav app and use another app; but now it repeatedly switches to the nav app when I try to visit any other app and every second I see the top bar changing as if to be switching to the nav app. If I try to go to settings, I will see the settings screen for one second and then find myself back in the nav app. I cannot get the nav app out of the start up area in one second, so I need to boot the unit without it running the startup apps.

Is some nav app button shorted somewhere? I have nothing connected to the CAN bus as my car has no steering wheel controls.

How can I boot into a "safe mode"-like environment so that I may take the nav app out of the startup app area?

Do I need to enter "recovery mode"? How do I do that on the 7862?

The reset "button" has not helped.

Please advise.
Which suggestions have been tried from 7862 posts. Reseller unable to support?

Badcat1

Aug 30, 2021
Update:
Inching through the menus, using repeated quick-finger attempts and heavy use of the go-back button:
In General: Auto-start Navigation: OFF. (This had no effect.)
In General: Launcher App Setting: Not Set. (This had no effect.)
In User: Application Setting: Navi: OFF. Now the nav app is no longer launching every second; however, every second, the bar that is normally at the top of the screen, that shows the time and has a home icon in the top-left corner and the go-back icon in the top-right corner, is shifting up and hiding every second. This is essentially causing the screen to "bounce."

I can now however, enter the Factory area.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Badcat1

Aug 30, 2021
Okay, I did an Erase-all factory reset and all appears to be well again.

A weird problem and lesson in failing to backup my unit.

Last edited:
Reactions: marchnz

Badcat1

Aug 30, 2021
Thanks, if they share the solution with you please post here as well!
They responded with not understanding my request, which was very simply worded; I'm afraid the language barrier is too great to get the recovery mode by hardware instructions at this time.

May have to resort to running a terminal app that will transmit a recovery mode command. The developer options has a debug by USB option, so there may be a way to connect a laptop and enter recovery mode from there if you thought to activate this option and leave it turned-on (which mine now is:)).

See:

Unit and PC/Laptop needs to be in the same WiFi.​
Setup ADB on your PC/Laptop and open CMD in the ADB folder.​
Open developer settings on your unit and activate USB debugging.​
Commands in ADB:​
ADB connect 192.***.***.*** (use the IP address of your unit instead)​
ADB reboot recovery​
quote from Pumpkin HU by Rigattoni.

Last edited:

Badcat1

Aug 30, 2021
Repeatedly pressing a key (that you must discover by trial and error) while simultaneously holding alt+print screen, on a USB keyboard, may cause the unit to enter recovery mode. The "i" key has been the third key to repeatedly press on other units; see:

monterek2 and limzej on Electroda

Last edited:

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
They responded with not understanding my request, which was very simply worded; I'm afraid the language barrier is too great to get the recovery mode by hardware instructions at this time.

May have to resort to running a terminal app that will transmit a recovery mode command. The developer options has a debug by USB option, so there may be a way to connect a laptop and enter recovery mode from there if you thought to activate this option and leave it turned-on (which mine now is:)).

See:

ADB reboot recovery​
This does not work on the sc9853i and uis7862 units built by FYT. They are all Release builds, which means that adb over wifi is disabled as per Android design.

Next to that: there is no way of booting in recovery mode on FYT units already since 2015. The recovery mode is very simple a autostarting binary that (1) tries find new firmware on a an attached USB-stick/SD-card or (2) tries to boot in safe mode. And it is signed with the rest of the firmware, meaning that replacing it with a custom recovery will break auto-updating and break auto-recovery flashing an original firmware.
No possibility to do anything "developer-like" in recovery mode.
Take a look at my sc9853i Q&A thread (in my signature). The principal working and explanations are all the same. binaries and files have updated file names on the uis7862 and that has been mentioned in several other threads.

Last edited:
Reactions: marchnz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay, I did an Erase-all factory reset and all appears to be well again.

A weird problem and lesson in failing to backup my unit.

See:

ADB reboot recovery​
    This does not work on the sc9853i and uis7862 units built by FYT. They are all Release builds, which means that adb over wifi is disabled as per Android design.

Next to that: there is no way of booting in recovery mode on FYT units already since 2015. The recovery mode is very simple a autostarting binary that (1) tries find new firmware on a an attached USB-stick/SD-card or (2) tries to boot in safe mode. And it is signed with the rest of the firmware, meaning that replacing it with a custom recovery will break auto-updating and break auto-recovery flashing an original firmware.
    No possibility to do anything "developer-like" in recovery mode.
    Take a look at my sc9853i Q&A thread (in my signature). The principal working and explanations are all the same. binaries and files have updated file names on the uis7862 and that has been mentioned in several other threads.