• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Navigation app for S4 mini

Search This thread

cgirerd

May 17, 2015
San Diego
Hi everyone,
I am running the last stable release of cyanogenmod 13.0 on my s4 mini (added the 2016-04-18). I tried to install a navigation app to localize me and potentially use a route planner.
Here is my issue: I downloaded and installed the google maps app using an APK downloader, but this app doesn't work, as it seems to depend on the google play services package. So I tried with other navigation apps from the F-Droid repository: Navit and ZANavi (they are quite similar). But these apps don't work either.
Here is a solution that I found to make them work: I installed the opengapps (http://opengapps.org/). This makes google maps work (it is included), as well as Navit and ZANavi. But the opengapps package comes with a bunch of other app that I don't need and I would like to avoid installing it.
So here is my question: is there a navigation app that I can install on my device, without having to install the google apps package to make them work ? Or by installing a small additional package (free or proprietary) ?
Thanks in advance for you help !

Last edited: