• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

Navigation bar> Full screen gestur> More option = disabled!

usmcxdroid

Jan 2, 2013
It'll work with any launcher. But it's not a permanent fix. If you mess around with your navigation settings you'll have the input that old ass code again. If you reboot, you'll have to input that old ass code again. It's easier and far less stressful to just root (if you can) that way, you'll have a permanent fix, you can reboot to your hearts content etc plus you'll have all the added bonuses of having a rooted device. Viper4A ftw!
Yes, rooting would be the ideal scenario, but I'm on the snapdragon tmobile US note 10 + which has no root, which is why I'm considering the adb method.

cmart0125

Jan 23, 2014
No, you don't! Im using lawnchair with Android 10 gestures right now, no root, locked bootloader.

You can use adb on your pc,
Adb shell
Cmd overlay enable com.android.internal.systemui.navbar.gestural
I tried this and it didn't work for me. I'm currently on 2BSLD build January 1st secruity patch. What build are you on?

Edit.... I stand corrected, it did work. I installed the launcher of my choice, and set it as my default launcher. I then opened a command prompt and entered the command and voila it worked. Thanks man.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beetle84

cmart0125

Jan 23, 2014
I have installed adb tools as well as SDK tools
Okay than install your launcher of choice and set it as default launcher. Next go to your settings and tap on build number 7 times to enable developer options. Then go into developer options and enable usb debugging.

Next go to your pc and open a command prompt under your adb tools, plug in your phone and run command adb devices to see if your phone is recognized. If your phone is recognized then run command adb shell cmd overlay enable com.android.internal.systemui.navbar.gestural and that should do it.

pcriz

Aug 23, 2008
Dont know why folk are saying this is googles problem?, 3rd party launchers work with the new navigation on Pixel Phones, Also my Asus Zenfone 5Z with android 10 works with 3rd party launchers with the new navigation. I would say this is Samsung has not updated their base to include googles fix.
Because Google's implementation of recents in relation to navigation gestures and the stock launcher is what broke it. It didn't work at release on Google devices so they released a code to fix it. The same code needs to make its way to any Android phone running Android 10. So at it's root it was a Google problem.

stanglifemike

Apr 21, 2008
outside of ATL, GA
How am I giving user wrong information? I'm pretty sure they didn't ask the question for temporary fixes like the crap you've just mentioned.
XDA-Developers Legacy app
I understand what you're saying, but you have to understand what he is saying as well. I don't understand the hostility and why you're so opposed to someone giving people another option. Especially when you consider many people have phones from their carriers and can NOT root them, making the method you stated irrelevant to them. The other member gave all of those people a relevant option since it's one they can actually use. So while it may not be the absolute best method for the Note 10+ in general, its absolutely the best method for many Note 10+ users as its the only choice they have. I truly appreciate it when different opinions are given and I know others do as well. Not everyone wants to use their devices the same, and not everyone can use their devices the same, so there is no "one size fits all" mod/hack for our phones.
XDA has always had a wide variety of individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds with a wide variety of wants & needs. That's one reason XDA is such a great place that's become so popular! Sharing all of the different possibilities and allowing people to decide what's best for them given their wants, needs, and situation. After all, isn't that why this community was formed to begin with? Shouldn't we encourage people to be individuals and express themselves as such?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Beetle84

Oospython

Sep 1, 2019
Was completely shocked when I got the phone for the first time this morning the gestures only work on one UI launcher. As for those saying this is actually Google's fault and not Samsung's I don't really understand. I came from a OnePlus 7 pro running A10 and every single launcher worked fine with the gestural navigation and now on this phone it doesn't. It almost seems like I'm being forced to use the stock launcher? One UI home isn't as bad as some of the stock launchers out there but it doesn't hold a candle to Hyperion or Nova.

Yes you can do the ADB "fix" but like others have stated you have to do it every time you reboot the phone, I've also noticed any time you swipe home from an app there's an ugly glitchy animation where the app you were in closes for about a quarter of a second, then reopens for a quarter of a second then finally closes to the homescreen for another quarter of a second. That alone makes it not even worth using and just dealing with the one UI launcher.

Again if somebody could explain this me, 3rd party launchers worked fine on my OnePlus 7 pro now they don't work at all. Seems like a bit of a forced ecosystem?

pcriz

Aug 23, 2008
Was completely shocked when I got the phone for the first time this morning the gestures only work on one UI launcher. As for those saying this is actually Google's fault and not Samsung's I don't really understand. I came from a OnePlus 7 pro running A10 and every single launcher worked fine with the gestural navigation and now on this phone it doesn't. It almost seems like I'm being forced to use the stock launcher? One UI home isn't as bad as some of the stock launchers out there but it doesn't hold a candle to Hyperion or Nova.

Yes you can do the ADB "fix" but like others have stated you have to do it every time you reboot the phone, I've also noticed any time you swipe home from an app there's an ugly glitchy animation where the app you were in closes for about a quarter of a second, then reopens for a quarter of a second then finally closes to the homescreen for another quarter of a second. That alone makes it not even worth using and just dealing with the one UI launcher.

Again if somebody could explain this me, 3rd party launchers worked fine on my OnePlus 7 pro now they don't work at all. Seems like a bit of a forced ecosystem?
Google's implementation is what initially broke it for other launchers. The pixel didn't get it fixed until December. So maybe Samsung can fix it but Google caused it.

They aren't forcing anything. It's not like they are making you use gestures. One hand op works fine independently of any launcher. If they wanted to force you into a launcher wouldn't it make more sense to simply stop you from setting a default launcher?