Question Navigation buttons stop working

Search This thread

almahix

I'm on the January update. I'm using 3 button navigation. In the last day, the buttons have stopped working multiple times. When I reboot my phone then the buttons work again.

I am rooted and using Magisk add ons by @Typhus with ROM control.

Anyone else seeing this?
I'm still on December and the 3 button navigation is broken as you describe it. Since you're seeing it in January I'm not in such a big hurry to update now. I am so pissed off at Google!

kingkong0821

Jun 26, 2012
I think it's not magisk related
And I'm also experiencing this on gestures
Swiping up sometimes just does nothing and is really annoying

Edit: stock on Jan update

Reactions: swieder711

almahix

Iam on standard January update phone no root i have no working navigaton buttons few times per week its normal issue on pixel 6 pro for now just wait for update
That's what they said in December! How long will we wait until they get things working?

Even though I had no confidence that it would be resolved in the January release I tried unsuccessfully to side load the Jan OTA. The system update failed to update and for some reason I could never get adb sideload to work so I used the Android Flash Tool to install January, which of course wiped my phone. After all these years I have procedures in place that allow me to recover when that happens, which require me to root. (I miss my reliable OnePlus 7 pro.)

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
That's what they said in December! How long will we wait until they get things working?

Even though I had no confidence that it would be resolved in the January release I tried unsuccessfully to side load the Jan OTA. The system update failed to update and for some reason I could never get adb sideload to work so I used the Android Flash Tool to install January, which of course wiped my phone. After all these years I have procedures in place that allow me to recover when that happens, which require me to root. (I miss my reliable OnePlus 7 pro.)
I've been under the impression from others who used the Official Google Android Flash Tool that there is an option to prevent wiping you can select. I haven't used the site myself, I do it using the script in the full factory image using the latest Platform Tools each month, editing the script first to eliminate the "-w " so the phone isn't wiped.

I never use OTAs while rooted, just flash the full factory image instead.

almahix

I've been under the impression from others who used the Official Google Android Flash Tool that there is an option to prevent wiping you can select. I haven't used the site myself, I do it using the script in the full factory image using the latest Platform Tools each month, editing the script first to eliminate the "-w " so the phone isn't wiped.

I never use OTAs while rooted, just flash the full factory image instead.
I'll try that way next time I can't update.

android_dan

Feb 17, 2015
My 6 will do that. They just stop responding. Myself I don't need to reboot though. Either I can wait for a few seconds and they'll start working again, or at most lock then unlock the phone.

Reactions: swieder711

android_dan

Feb 17, 2015
I have a OP8 with a custom a11 ROM on it that 3 button navigation has worked flawlessly on. I upgraded it to 12 over the weekend and have had the buttons lock up a couple of times since. So it would appear to be a a12 thing, and not just a a12 on Pixel issue.

Top Liked Posts