[NB1-Collision] How to unlock the bootloader of Nokia 2.1 V

Search This thread

hikari_calyx

WARNING: Overall procedure requires disassembly, YOU MAY LOSE WARRANTY.
I'm not responsible for bricking or damaging your device! PLEASE DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!

For Nokia 2.1, please read: https://xdaforums.com/nokia-2-1/how-to/guide-how-to-unlock-bootloader-nokia-2-1-t3938089

If you want to know details about NB1-Collision for other models as reference, please read:
Nokia 8.1 X7: https://xdaforums.com/nokia-8-1/how-to/nb1-collision-how-to-unlock-bootloader-t3935688/
Nokia 5 & 6: https://xdaforums.com/nokia-6/how-to/nb1-collision-how-to-unlock-bootloader-t3935820/

Step 1: Download firmware which consists the firehose file, and prepare the unlock key / IMEI1 and SN of a Nokia 8

You can download it from https://fih-firmware.hikaricalyx.com/hmd_en.html#e2m
Please download EVW-0440-0-00WW-B01 one in this case.

As for unlock key and IMEI/SN, I will not provide mine, please do it yourself.

Step 2: Trigger your phone to EDL mode
Nokia 2.1 is pretty simple to disassemble. To disassemble the phone, you'll need a T5 Torx screwdriver and a standard Philips screwdriver to remove 15 screws on the back.
Then use your fingernail to peel off the back along with copper frame.

Then you'll need to use anything conductive (such as tweezers) to connect two points under the camera, which is indicated in attachment below, and connect your phone to PC at the same time. If everything goes fine, your phone will boot to EDL mode directly, and you can now release the conductive.

Step 3: Dump deviceinfo partition, hack it and write back
Now use QFIL, load the firehose file in stock firmware. To dump the mfd partition, use the partition manager in QFIL, and right click on the mfd partition, properties, then click "read". Dumped mfd partition is located at %AppData%\Qualcomm\QFIL\COMPORT_XX .

The identification to verify if the unlock key valid is located at deviceinfo partition, and here are the offsets:
SN: 0x00000010
IMEI1: 0x00002010

After you changed them, save it as deviceinfo_mod.img and write your deviceinfo partition back.

Step 4: Boot your phone to Download mode (Fastboot mode)
If you quit Partition Manager, your phone will reboot directly.
To trigger it to Download mode right after your quit Partition Manager, you can execute this command before you quit Partition Manager:
Code:
fastboot oem alive

Then your phone will boot to Download mode.

Step 5: Unlock the bootloader and restore the original deviceinfo
Code:
fastboot flash unlock /path/to/unlock.key
fastboot flashing unlock_critical

Your phone will reboot immediately and erase userdata. Don't stop right here, execute following command straight forward:
Code:
fastboot oem alive

When fastboot responsed OKAY, please proceed:
Code:
fastboot oem unlock-go

All done. Your phone has unlocked bootloader.
Then reboot your phone to Download mode again and restore deviceinfo:

Code:
fastboot flash deviceinfo /path/to/deviceinfo.img

That wraps up the overall unlock procedure.
In case HMD will block this by changing public key to verify unlock key, just downgrade the aboot partition by using QFIL.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 1,468
Last edited:

Shmegma

Jul 15, 2019
so im getting confused with all these links. is this for 2.1 or 8 or 6 or 5 or 7 cuz the first bit u say to read 2.1 link then half way through the guide u talk of 2.1
then when i use the 2.1 link you provide u mention using E2M-0390-0-00WW-B02 but here u say to use EVW-0440-0-00WW-B01 :confused::confused::confused::confused:

---------- Post added at 06:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 AM ----------

tried using this method, short the pins, pc reads HS-USB Diagnostics 9008 (COM9)
then i follow to get partition manager "start To EDL" then "Download fail:switch to EDL FailFAiled to switch to emergency download mode"

---------- Post added at 07:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 AM ----------

got a bit further now i have this issue:

2019-07-16 15:05:51.808 ***** Working Folder:C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Qualcomm\QFIL\COMPORT_9
2019-07-16 15:05:51.809 Download Fail:FireHose Fail:FHLoader Fail:FHLoader Fail:The system cannot find the file specified
2019-07-16 15:05:51.824 Finish Get GPT

huaweiman

Sep 10, 2019
nokia 2 v verizon

Just bought this phone from e***y brand new £10, now they do say it is locked to verizon network "yes it is" but what they did NOT say is that the firmware is also locked , when you start the phone up it says this phone need to be activated on verizone network before it will work, so you cannot do nothing with the phone no setting no desktop just a screen telling you it needs activating.
What i have done so far is followed all the threads on this site about flashing/unlocking the boot/shorting the pins/adb and the list goes on.
some are saying you need the phone to be in debuging development mode etc: but you cannot get to the setting on the phone ?.
I can get to the bootloader by " turning the phone OFF > plug the phone into your laptop with the usb cable> wait for the charging symbol to show on screen > now hold down the v/up and power and wait until nokia logo shows then leg go of the power button but keep the v/up held when you see the android man and it will say "no command" press the power and tap the v/up until you get the bootloader.
On my screen it says>
Android Recovery
Nokia/Dynamo2_vzw/evw
8.1.0/opm1.171019.026/00ww_0_27d
user/release-keys
use vol/up/down and power
reboot system now
reboot to bootloader
apply update from adb
apply update from sd card
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
mount /system
view recovery logs
run graphics test
power off
i have run adb/sd card with firmware factory reset ETC: as stated above and still cannot get my laptop to talk to this phone.
I am just asking if this can have new firmware (stock) or bootloader unlock or what ever just so i can use the phone or do i BIN IT, it was only a tenner and do i need the headache, thank to any body that can help and may be help others that are looking for this phone to be sorted.
ps: i am on my 3rd week now and my laptop is win 10 NEW one.
thank you Gary
PS: when i use ADB and then put adb devices " no devices found" i have loaded all the adb drivers that i can think of or downloaded from here.

Last edited:

datzno2004

May 13, 2018
my nokia 2.1 phone is on androif pie 9.0, can i downgrade to android version 8.0 using this method

J-Mizzle

Jan 21, 2017
Maine
jmizzle.com
I'm not responsible for bricking or damaging your device! PLEASE DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!

For Nokia 2.1, please read: https://xdaforums.com/nokia-2-1/how-to/guide-how-to-unlock-bootloader-nokia-2-1-t3938089

If you want to know details about NB1-Collision for other models as reference, please read:
Nokia 8.1 X7: https://xdaforums.com/nokia-8-1/how-to/nb1-collision-how-to-unlock-bootloader-t3935688/
Nokia 5 & 6: https://xdaforums.com/nokia-6/how-to/nb1-collision-how-to-unlock-bootloader-t3935820/

Step 1: Download firmware which consists the firehose file, and prepare the unlock key / IMEI1 and SN of a Nokia 8

Nokia 2.1 is pretty simple to disassemble. To disassemble the phone, you'll need a T5 Torx screwdriver and a standard Philips screwdriver to remove 15 screws on the back.

Then you'll need to use anything conductive (such as tweezers) to connect two points under the camera, which is indicated in attachment below, and connect your phone to PC at the same time. If everything goes fine, your phone will boot to EDL mode directly, and you can now release the conductive.

Now use QFIL, load the firehose file in stock firmware. To dump the mfd partition, use the partition manager in QFIL, and right click on the mfd partition, properties, then click "read". Dumped mfd partition is located at %AppData%\Qualcomm\QFIL\COMPORT_XX .

The identification to verify if the unlock key valid is located at deviceinfo partition, and here are the offsets:

After you changed them, save it as deviceinfo_mod.img and write your deviceinfo partition back.

To trigger it to Download mode right after your quit Partition Manager, you can execute this command before you quit Partition Manager:

Your phone will reboot immediately and erase userdata. Don't stop right here, execute following command straight forward:

In case HMD will block this by changing public key to verify unlock key, just downgrade the aboot partition by using QFIL.

Does your NB1 unlocking guide still apply to a Nokia 2V running Android 9 with August 1St security patch? Don't want to bother trying if it will not work. If it still will work I figure I'll do it to run Android without Gapps for a phone to use outdoors, etc.

Lolerhy

Feb 23, 2017
Any idea how to fix that error?
Download Fail:Sahara Fail:QSaharaServer Fail:process fail

different versia different problem error

Download Fail:Switch To EDL FailFailed to Switch to Emergency Download mode

Switch To EDL Fail Failed to Switch to Emergency Download mode
Download Fail:Fail to find QDLoader port after switch

I feel still no have full access.
On the picture you can see something is not right with connection.

where exactly need activate ELP mode, inside of Android, Inside of Download mode, in turn off mode ???

edit: in Windows 10 safe mode I found more information about that error connection

ERROR: function: port_connect:99 Failed to open com port handle

Attachments

• 423432.png
    423432.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    fastboot oem alive

Code:
    fastboot flashing unlock_critical

Code:
    fastboot oem alive

Code:
    fastboot oem unlock-go

Code:
    fastboot flash deviceinfo /path/to/deviceinfo.img